Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nano Box Settings : Share your settings for your Storm controller

DaveFason

I recently got my NanoBox Tide Mini from Dave for my BioCube 14. My settings are 120 Blue and 80 White. Its pretty blue looking. I prefer a more white look but I'm concerned about my corals a bit. My Xenia ball up at night and open during the day. Is this normal. Also, the other corals look a little tight. Is this too much light for them? I have Green Star Polyps, Open Brain, Mushrooms, Xenia and Zooanthids. Thanks.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

Just keep an eye on them. What light did you have before? It's likely that before they had more polyp extension to try and capture more light, but now they do not have to, could explain them looking 'tight', if that is what you meant by it.

I keep hearing about the temp probe that is an add on for Dave's lights. Can anyone explain more about it? What is it good for and does it integrate with the Bluefish?

So it's a temperature probe for the tank water, it doesn't monitor the temperature of the light unit. Did I read that right?

Since I should have my fixtures soon, what should I start at to acclimate my corals too? Ill have a storm x controller as well.

Kalanianaole

For my Fluval Spec V, my Mini Tide is set at 180 for blue and 150 for white. It's about a 10 hour photoperiod, with 50 minute ramps.

I'm new to LEDs, what wattage in MHs is this roughly equivilant to? Just have LPS right now, but have two acros and a birds nest coming tomorrow. Are my settings too much for acros or do I need to slowly ramp up the intensity?

I normally set the units to a nice color and percentage out of the box. Of course you can change it however I have a pretty good feel to what is needed these days.

-Dave

Since I should have my fixtures soon, what should I start at to acclimate my corals too? Ill have a storm x controller as well.

bpounds1991

Blue : 160

White: 120 (Just changed these from 170/135 to this so we'll see how it goes)

Sunrise: 7 AM

Sunset: 8 PM

Ramp Time: 120 minutes

Ramp Delay: Channel 2 30 minutes

Cloud Freq: Channel 2 = 1 (which is one every 10 minute span if I'm doing that correctly)

I am having trouble with my storm controller and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue. It will not remember settings for cloud/lightning frequency. Whenever I set it to something other than 0, and then exit the settings, it just goes back to 0. Has anyone else had a problem like this? If so, have you been able to figure out how to fix it? Luckily, it doesn't effect my intensity and the light works ok other than that, but I would like to have use of the cloud/lightning functions.

I am having trouble with my storm controller and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue. It will not remember settings for cloud/lightning frequency. Whenever I set it to something other than 0, and then exit the settings, it just goes back to 0. Has anyone else had a problem like this? If so, have you been able to figure out how to fix it? Luckily, it doesn't effect my intensity and the light works ok other than that, but I would like to have use of the cloud/lightning functions.

What are your settings on the channels you are putting it on?

-Dave

What are your settings on the channels you are putting it on?

-Dave

Currently, the settings are:

PWM Day Settings: White Channel: 85, Blue Channel: 135

PWM Night Settings: White Channel: 0, Blue Channel 0

Sunrise/Sunset Mode: Manual

Sunrise: 11:00am

Sunset: 10:30pm

Ramp Time: 180 minutes

Ramp delay: 150 minutes for White

Cloud frequenzy: 3

Lightning Frequenzy: 1

and I am using channels 3/4(remember the problem I had with channels 1/2 when I first got it)?

Do you think I may have a bad controller?

On my storm,lightning and clouds worked when I set them when I first got the controller. Then I went to show someone the clouds and lightning not that long ago,and nothing ever happened. But also,I'm not really worried about it honestly.

But if you're wanting those effects,I'd see what Dave or Coralux says.

SquishyFishy

o.k. Kat how do you do that? I thought I only had channels 1 and 2 didn't know I could control the other colors!

Currently, the settings are:

PWM Day Settings: White Channel: 85, Blue Channel: 135

PWM Night Settings: White Channel: 0, Blue Channel 0

Sunrise/Sunset Mode: Manual

Sunrise: 11:00am

Sunset: 10:30pm

Ramp Time: 180 minutes

Ramp delay: 150 minutes for White

Cloud frequenzy: 3

Lightning Frequenzy: 1

and I am using channels 3/4(remember the problem I had with channels 1/2 when I first got it)?

Do you think I may have a bad controller?

No. Let me contact Ben to make sure. What channels do you have set for the clouds. Also try setting the clouds to 1. More than that will make clouds happen almost all the time.

-Dave

o.k. Kat how do you do that? I thought I only had channels 1 and 2 didn't know I could control the other colors!

She has a different array along with more drivers. Custom built!

No. Let me contact Ben to make sure. What channels do you have set for the clouds. Also try setting the clouds to 1. More than that will make clouds happen almost all the time.

-Dave

Channels don't matter and neither does what setting I give the cloud frequency. I can make the cloud/lightning frequency anything other than 0. As soon as I save the settings, exit the settings, and then go back into the settings, it immediately is set back to 0. I know this did not happen when I first got it as I remember watching clouds "roll over" the first day or 2 that I had the unit. I am not sure, though, when this started.

Well shiat. I just got home, and saw that I had bleached 2 acans on my sand bed with the settings of 200 Blue:100 White with my light hanging 16 inches above the sand bed.

I have 5 channels lawl

Well shiat. I just got home, and saw that I had bleached 2 acans on my sand bed with the settings of 200 Blue:100 White with my light hanging 16 inches above the sand bed.

you may want to knock it down to something like 120 blue: 60 white

Outofstock

Does anyone else have a storm x? I only have low medium and high for clouds and lightning mode is an on off. Did I get old firmware?

Archived