Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nano Box Settings : Share your settings for your Storm controller

DaveFason

Since I jumped on a refurb-Mono + Storm Controller

Thought I'd ask: What's everyone's setting for moonlighting? Are any of you guys using the lunar phases?

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought I'd ask: What's everyone's setting for moonlighting? Are any of you guys using the lunar phases?

Not doing a lunar phase per se but the blue is set to 1 and white to 0 for moonlight. When the lights ramp down (my timer is set to 90 minutes) it fades till the blue is at 1 (from 125) and white is 0 (from 160)

My moonlights are set at 50, and yes I am using the moon phase setting... which is full tonight! :)

My moonlights are set at 50, and yes I am using the moon phase setting... which is full tonight! :)

Did you end up getting a dedicated moonlight channel from Dave, or are you using the blue channel?

Did you end up getting a dedicated moonlight channel from Dave, or are you using the blue channel?

I have dedicated moonlights on a dedicated channel.

A few tips for people...

If you want blue light to be on first

• Set your white channel on a ramp delay

If you want a night light without the moonphase or dedicated channel

• Set your night value to 1 on the blue channel

If you want clouds to pass by with a blue being the main color

• Set your cloud channel to 1 on the white channel

If you like Nano Box like this post

• :P

-Dave

50? so nobody sleeps in your house eh?

But it's only the 2 moonlights at 50. And it is only 50 when its full moon since I am using the moonphase mode. :) LOL

I'd love to see a comparison of the lunar vs true lunar moon phases! Plus some of the cloud ramping like you were talking about...videos Dave videos!! B)B)

I'd love to see a comparison of the lunar vs true lunar moon phases! Plus some of the cloud ramping like you were talking about...videos Dave videos!! B)B)

I am working on a ton of different things. Revamping the website to make it more user friendly, videos, etc.

-Dave

Truly have no real clue what the differences are would blue 120 white 90 be the same as blue 140 white 110? Also what is the light freq mean?? Just got my tide and LOVE IT! Just don't really know how to take any good pictures of my tank with it now everything looks blue, and the cloud feature the storm has is awesome!

These are preliminary settings as I learn the controller and the tank. Currently tank is dry so these are just what is pleasing to my eye at this time.

NanoBox Duo - Storm X - 5 Channel

Channels

1 - Moonlight

2 - Left White

3 - Right White

4 - Left Blue

5 - Right Blue

PWM Day

1 - 0

2 - 2065 (approx 50% total brightness)

3 - 2065

4 - 1295

5 - 1295

PWM Night

1 - 210 175 (210 to my eye too bright for full moon)

2-5 = 0

Sun Rise/Set Ramp Time - 180 minutes

Ramp Delay - None at this time

Cloud Freq = 1

Cloud Channels

1 - 2/4

2 - 3/5

Lightning Freq = 1

Moonphase = On

Lat/Long -20/-174 Equates to Tonga, a place I want to visit.

GMT Offset -9 which translates to an approx 10:30ish AM Sunrise start in Eastern Time Zone

Temp Display - N/A

Fan Control - N/A

Daylight Savings - On

Quick question. My tide is on at 90 blues, 80 whites during the day, 3 blues during night. Ramp time is 90 mins from 12pm to 9:30pm. Ramp delay is 10 whites. But from 9:20pm to 9:30pm, the light goes completely off before going into Night mode at 9:30pm. How can I avoid this 10 min dark out?

Quick question. My tide is on at 90 blues, 80 whites during the day, 3 blues during night. Ramp time is 90 mins from 12pm to 9:30pm. Ramp delay is 10 whites. But from 9:20pm to 9:30pm, the light goes completely off before going into Night mode at 9:30pm. How can I avoid this 10 min dark out?

I have this same problem with the lights just completely turning off when it is transitioning from either dark to sunrise OR day to sunset...

Hi Dave and all,

I have the Mini Tide with Coralux controller and I am kinda confused when setting the channels on the controller.

So how many channels does the mini tide have? Which channel controls which set of lights?

Thanks heaps,

Kingsley

Hi Dave and all,

I have the Mini Tide with Coralux controller and I am kinda confused when setting the channels on the controller.

So how many channels does the mini tide have? Which channel controls which set of lights?

Thanks heaps,

Kingsley

Ah, I found the answers for my questions from another post. So with mini tide, channel 1 is blue and channel 2 is white?

If that's so, with the cloud channels setting, since I have only one set of light (mini tide), so should I set both channel 1 and 2 to 1 in the cloud channel setting?

Thanks again,

Kingsley

The blue and white could be any channel depending on where the cord is plugged in on the bottom of the storm controller.

Mine happens to be channel 4 (white) & 5 (blue).

The instructions aren't incredibly clear. I could have sworn that it said to plug it in to the 4/5 prongs on the bottom, but apparently was supposed to put in 1/2.

Oh well, it still works just fine.

Archived