SaltCritters.com

Nano Box Settings : Share your settings for your Storm controller

DaveFason

Tater and ninja, let me check on this. Make sure there is no ramp delay on the blues as well. I know out of the box every channel has 2 set to the ramp delay. I will also check with Ben at Coralux.

Quick question. My tide is on at 90 blues, 80 whites during the day, 3 blues during night. Ramp time is 90 mins from 12pm to 9:30pm. Ramp delay is 10 whites. But from 9:20pm to 9:30pm, the light goes completely off before going into Night mode at 9:30pm. How can I avoid this 10 min dark out?

Kingsley,

It is all depending on what color you want to fade for the clouds. Most people choose the white channel to dim during this creating a blue hint. Of course you can do it the other way around.

Ah, I found the answers for my questions from another post. So with mini tide, channel 1 is blue and channel 2 is white?

If that's so, with the cloud channels setting, since I have only one set of light (mini tide), so should I set both channel 1 and 2 to 1 in the cloud channel setting?

Thanks again,

Kingsley

Kellie,

Correct. As well you have six total channels to plug the Storm plug into. 1-6. The cool thing about this is you can plug up to three Nano Box units off a Storm controller and up to eight off a Storm X.

The blue and white could be any channel depending on where the cord is plugged in on the bottom of the storm controller.

Mine happens to be channel 4 (white) & 5 (blue).

The instructions aren't incredibly clear. I could have sworn that it said to plug it in to the 4/5 prongs on the bottom, but apparently was supposed to put in 1/2.

Oh well, it still works just fine.

Thanks for all the help with this guys. I am working on a detailed manual after tossing some ideas around with other members. I am trying to go in depth with this so it is much easier for people to start on the right path.

-Dave

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the help with this guys. I am working on a detailed manual after tossing some ideas around with other members. I am trying to go in depth with this so it is much easier for people to start on the right path.

If you want help putting that manual together let me know. Do a lot of tech writing and manual writing (not that people rtfm.)

If you want help putting that manual together let me know. Do a lot of tech writing and manual writing (not that people rtfm.)

With something like this, it would be unwise to not read the manual as you are not taking advantage of the full capabilities of the device. I have not received my fixture yet but I for one have already read the manual from the coralux website several times! I will be following to hear about the new and improved manual :D

I changed around the rockscape and the lighting inspired by all of y'alls light settings and i LOVE the results. No editing

Day:

Whites 80

Blues 140

Night:

Blues 57

2r3vxap.jpg

1182lxg.jpg

How can I make the clouds look extreme blue or white? So every ten minutes or whatever it would be an extreme of one color or one and then the other?

I changed around the rockscape and the lighting inspired by all of y'alls light settings and i LOVE the results. No editing

Day:

Whites 80

Blues 140

Night:

Blues 57

I dont think blues at 57 Night is good for your coral =P. I leave mine at 3.

Great stuff! Glad you are enjoying it even more now. Show a FTS with the light :)

Day:

Whites 80

Blues 140

Night:

Blues 57

2r3vxap.jpg

1182lxg.jpg

How can I make the clouds look extreme blue or white? So every ten minutes or whatever it would be an extreme of one color or one and then the other?

You can only choose one or the other. If you want it to be extremely blue change the cloud channel to 1 on the white channel.

-Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have a clam and care to share your settings/advice? I have a PICO III running a duo. Clam is on a ledge 11" from the LED's. I'm currently running 85 White 140 Blue.

Everyone runs such a blue spectrum! I personally prefer a whiter spectrum. On my mono I'm running:

Blue: 100

Whites: 140

This is all over a Cadlight 8G right now.

P.S.

Does anyone know if all of the randomly generated clouds only last 4-5 seconds?

I've tried to set my cloud channels and every time I exit the set-up menu their values go back to zero!?? Am I skipping a step? My blues and whites are set on channels 2&3.

Everyone runs such a blue spectrum! I personally prefer a whiter spectrum. On my mono I'm running:

Blue: 100

Whites: 140

This is all over a Cadlight 8G right now.

P.S.

Does anyone know if all of the randomly generated clouds only last 4-5 seconds?

I will follow up with Coralux. I believe some are longer while others are short.

I've tried to set my cloud channels and every time I exit the set-up menu their values go back to zero!?? Am I skipping a step? My blues and whites are set on channels 2&3.

Are you setting the cloud channel to one of those?

-Dave

Dave,

Yes I am, but every time i exit the set up and go back to check my settings have not been saved??

Not to get off topic... But where in southern Indiana you at???

Anyone have the temp probe for their storm controller?? Thinking about getting it but don't know the pros and cons of having it?

Anyone have the temp probe for their storm controller?? Thinking about getting it but don't know the pros and cons of having it?

I have the probe but am waiting on my light and controller. I requested Dave install the part it plugs into. Hopefully he got my request. I will post results as soon as I get it and run tests.

I feel like my settings are really high after reading this thread. I'm running 160 blue 140 white. My tank is 19" high and the light is 4-5" off the water, so a total height to the sand bed of about 23". I also have a glass top so I probably lose some light through that when factoring in the condensation.

I feel like my settings are really high after reading this thread. I'm running 160 blue 140 white. My tank is 19" high and the light is 4-5" off the water, so a total height to the sand bed of about 23". I also have a glass top so I probably lose some light through that when factoring in the condensation.

Should be fine. I honestly just say whatever works! On my desktop tank I am currently running ~40% and ~20%. Everything is happy and growing so I will leave it there.

-Dave

I'm not an owner yet, but I just got off the phone with Dave and will be placing my order for my retrofit kit for my 29g Biocube. I could have it as early as next week, but I'm gonna have to put it off for an extra week since I will be out of town. Excited doesn't even begin to say how I feel about this!

I'm having a hard time getting the moon adjust to work, I was hoping someone could help. I ordered the duo with a dedicated lunar channel and is currently set to 50. Night lights only works when moon phase is set to off. I double checked the lat/long settings, currently in est. When night mode prompts in the controller there is no illumination at all. I even set the date forward to April 15 as this is a full moon for the region with the same results. What am I doing wrong?

Nevermind, user error lol I read on a coralux forum lunar phase only works in auto sunrise/sunset mode. Sorry to good the thread. Love the light Dave! High quality work, couldn't ask for anything better! I couldn't get any good pics as my camera is garbage but they are on the way.

Settings

Blue: 150

White:95

Ramp time:90

Delay: whites 30

Cloud frequency: 3 blue,2 white 5

Adjusted night:35

Archived