Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nano Box Settings : Share your settings for your Storm controller

DaveFason

Just got my Tide tonight and am excited!

Blue: 150

White: 90

Moon: 45

I'll clean everything up tomorrow and snap some photos. Tried to photograph the tank tonight but it makes everything blue, so I'll mess with that later. Also, I want to test the temp probe I have but the connections didn't come soldered on my Storm controller. :( Guess I'll see what it takes to solder the connector on. Overall I am happy with the light.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got my Tide tonight and am excited!

Blue: 150

White: 90

Moon: 45

I'll clean everything up tomorrow and snap some photos. Tried to photograph the tank tonight but it makes everything blue, so I'll mess with that later. Also, I want to test the temp probe I have but the connections didn't come soldered on my Storm controller. :( Guess I'll see what it takes to solder the connector on. Overall I am happy with the light.

looks like I have yours literally next to me. Want me to swap them out?

looks like I have yours literally next to me. Want me to swap them out?

I def want the probe, but don't wanna wait on the mail lol. How hard is it to solder the piece on? I have all the connections from Coralux.

Not hard at all. I just shot you an email. Send me your number and I'll text you a video. Takes maybe 20 seconds.

Also, I just noticed tonight when my controller seems to skip the sunset and goes directly to night. It does sunrise just fine.. What am I doing wrong?

What do you have your ramp time set to? Try to set it for 90 minutes just as an experiment, when it comes time, make sure your controller says sunset and also check the ramp delays, by default mine were at 10, moved all to 0 except the white channel i put at 30. Are you using auto sunrise/sunset or manual? If you need to set the time ahead on the controller to manipulate a sunset cycle and see if that works.

Also, I just noticed tonight when my controller seems to skip the sunset and goes directly to night. It does sunrise just fine.. What am I doing wrong?

Try what jasmin said above. Post your settings on here and I will help out.

-Dave

Yes everything is set to manual. I sorta figured it out last night. It was starting an hour early at the wrong time. Which is weird cause it doesn't do that for sunrise.

Sunrise:11:30 am

Sunset:10:30 pm (actually 9:30)

Ramp time: 120 min

No clouds or lightening

Am I correct to think that once I get my Retro kit installed in my BC29 that I will no longer need to plug my lights into a timer?

Thanks!

jedimasterben

Am I correct to think that once I get my Retro kit installed in my BC29 that I will no longer need to plug my lights into a timer?

Thanks!

As long as you get the Storm controller.

Thanks!

As long as you get the Storm controller.

Done and done! B)

Right now I am doing some testing before installing my retro into the hood. I have changed the time to simulate sunrise and the only lights on are the blues and they are flickering, is that normal?

jedimasterben

Not really lol. If you change the time to simulate midday, does it stop flickering? Can you try another channel of the Storm?

Never mind, I found that I didn't have the plug tightly into the controller. All is well now. Now I just need to get things dialed in so I don't blind my fish B)

OK, I apologize in advance for so many questions. I don't want my lights to be too bright at night, and only want the moonlights to be on after sunset, similar to how the the stock Biocube lights work. Where/How do I change the setting on the controller so I can make that happen?

Thanks!

jedimasterben

OK, I apologize in advance for so many questions. I don't want my lights to be too bright at night, and only want the moonlights to be on after sunset, similar to how the the stock Biocube lights work. Where/How do I change the setting on the controller so I can make that happen?

Thanks!

I'm not 100% sure if Dave had already set something in the controller, or if it comes with anything preset, but here is the manual for the Storm: http://coralux.net/wp-content/uploads/wpsc/downloadables/Storm-Controller-Manual.pdf

Looks like you need to change the 'Set PWM Night' for the moonlight channel to a lower number.

I'm not 100% sure if Dave had already set something in the controller, or if it comes with anything preset, but here is the manual for the Storm: http://coralux.net/wp-content/uploads/wpsc/downloadables/Storm-Controller-Manual.pdf

Looks like you need to change the 'Set PWM Night' for the moonlight channel to a lower number.

Dave had the PWM night set to 3 on both the white and blue channels. I changed the white channel to 0 and the blue channel to 1, and that seemed to help. If I change the blue channel to 0 and the white channel to 1, the white lights are on as well as what looks like the moonlights as well. I would like to have only the moonlights on at night.

Any suggestions Dave?

Thanks!

Are the moonlights on a separate channel, maybe?

I think they are connected with channel 1. I am only using channels 1 and 2 with my retro setup.

jedimasterben

But you've got dedicated moonlight LEDs? they should be on their own channel, otherwise you could just use the white or blue channels by themselves.

jedimasterben

No, those are the SemiLEDs violet LEDs. In the middle of both of those little PCB there is a blank solder pad, that is where the moonlight LEDs would go, and they'd be on their own channel, using the second set of +/- pads at the top of the PCB.

I have one of his newer setups. Am I wrong in thinking that this is the moonlight?

They would go in the middle. However the Storm controller has a night setting. On yours I would set to channel 1 ( blue ) to 1 and channel 2 ( white ) to 0. This will create the moonlight look.

Hope this helps!

-Dave

Archived