ReefCleaners.org

BA's New PicO Aquarium Tank

BattleAthletics

3 snowflake clowns and they're playing nice to each other, I have marks other 2 clowns that I'll bring another day(don't want too much of a bioload in 1 week. Thursday I'm going to get the rest of my frags and bring them over from OrionN's place and then all that's left is the stuff from glenn.

You're gonna try 5 clowns in there??/ Someone like clowns much? lol

Well get on it man :)

BattleAthletics

You're gonna try 5 clowns in there??/ Someone like clowns much? lol

Well get on it man :)

Lol gonna be a circus up in here Ehh they're sentimental to me

• Like 2

Your clown is soooo cuuuuuute :D. I think a tank filled with clowns is impressive looking. Probably because no one attempts it very often and it's a rare sight to see. Looking forward to it :).

• Like 2

What about a full tank shot?

Doing well. Even better since I picked up the 20long for my sump and and 10g for a QT I hope I don't use ever for sick fish. My Petco finally had their sale today. You know, just getting another tank ready!. Unbelievable what this hobby does to you. Only my 5th tank (when counting each mantis home) since starting this saltwater fun since Feb 2013. That's it though, it has to stop. no more.

Those 3 frags(grown a bit) are CGA frags Annette. How have you been?

BattleAthletics

y4ajy8u8.jpg

uzaga5et.jpg

da2u7unu.jpg

esezuved.jpg

pa3evugu.jpg

Anyone know what's going on with those clear looking zoas?

Got the cal alk and mg stickers in from aqua box, they make the dosing containers look really good now.

Not done yet with the left side of the stand as I'm waiting for Mike from Micro-Reefs to agree on a ato design and price.

• Like 7

Those stickers! They are hot :D.

I've seen zoas turn white like that when not getting enough light, like when you find them underneath a rock overhang after they've been there for months.

• Like 2
BattleAthletics

==(#$&@@`÷÷][®¥©~~&$@'=$#¶§×§¶°

Yesterday morning I came home to a 83.7F tank, took a bag of ice and lowered the temp about 2 degrees, I thought to myself that I'll take advantage of the time I have while everyone was asleep to update the apex again since it says it needs to be updated. Well the mother ####3r took about an hour trying to update, it was updating slowly through wired connection, and it was about 8am and now. Reluctantly I tell myself, I have to get some rest. I cancel the update and disconnect the ethernet cable and the brain and head unit won't come on. All I see is a black display head unit and a brain that won't connect to the eb8s. I've tried everything from unplugging the cords, trying to restore the factory defaults to changing the USB cables and to praying to a higher power.

FML. It's going to be Monday or Tuesday before I can get Neptune to help me out. I've also searched a bit for anyone that has possibly had the same problem I'm having but to no avail.

• Like 1
==(#$&@@`÷÷][®¥©~~&$@'=$#¶§×§¶°Yesterday morning I came home to a 83.7F tank, took a bag of ice and lowered the temp about 2 degrees, I thought to myself that I'll take advantage of the time I have while everyone was asleep to update the apex again since it says it needs to be updated. Well the mother ####3r took about an hour trying to update, it was updating slowly through wired connection, and it was about 8am and now. Reluctantly I tell myself, I have to get some rest. I cancel the update and disconnect the ethernet cable and the brain and head unit won't come on. All I see is a black display head unit and a brain that won't connect to the eb8s. I've tried everything from unplugging the cords, trying to restore the factory defaults to changing the USB cables and to praying to a higher power. FML. It's going to be Monday or Tuesday before I can get Neptune to help me out. I've also searched a bit for anyone that has possibly had the same problem I'm having but to no avail.

Same thing happend to me. Or similar, try the update again with everything hardwired. It forced the apex into some kinda mode I forget but it updated fine once I did that. Then once the update was complete it reset it's self and turned on.

• Like 1

That sucks man!!! Hopefully you can get it sorted out and working right!

Was the tank temp up from the apex not working properly, I didn't think it was quite that warm down there yet :wacko:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
BattleAthletics

I went to see glenn @ CGA, and I have to admit, its so much more stuff that I should of gotten. He has tons of corals and all awesome color, ended up picking up a frag of CAA, Electric organism, Splattered Melons, a beautiful ricordea, an orange plate, an amazing looking acan, and tons more I cant even remember anymore, I actually had to add a bit to the frag rack, it wouldnt of held everything else I had.

:eek:

Beautiful coral you got in that tank! Scape will look amazing engulfed in glowy stuff.

Thanks, thats the plan, hopefully in 2 years everything is grown in and glowing like some SOUL GLOW!

Title is deceiving! Lol

Cool tank bro

Now that I remember, this post was from last year when I had first started understanding reefing. awesome to see your tank growing in and finished battling your problems!

• Like 3

I went to see glenn @ CGA, and I have to admit, its so much more stuff that I should of gotten. He has tons of corals and all awesome color, ended up picking up a frag of CAA, Electric organism, Splattered Melons, a beautiful ricordea, an orange plate, an amazing looking acan, and tons more I cant even remember anymore, I actually had to add a bit to the frag rack, it wouldnt of held everything else I had.

Thanks, thats the plan, hopefully in 2 years everything is grown in and glowing like some SOUL GLOW!

Now that I remember, this post was from last year when I had first started understanding reefing. awesome to see your tank growing in and finished battling your problems!

Glenn definitely has some nice stuff....I have a few things from him. I can't even tell you how much stuff I lost to the GHA battle man. Multiple 80 plus polyp colonies of highend zoas, other smaller colonies of z's and p's, acans, sps, multiple years of growth gone. :tears:

BUT, I'm on the rebound fingerscrossed

Once I finish a little rescape and I'm certain the battle has been won.....I'll be gett'n some goodies for sure.

-So, what exactly is a "breakfast taco''? All we have here are breakfast burritos.

• Like 3
BattleAthletics

Starting to see coraline specks everywhere too, good sign. My only CUC is about 2 turbos 4 other big snails and 2 small hermits. We will see where this goes. Sunday is my normal water change day, I will also add my 4L of Seachem Matrix Media to the sump. I plan to hold out on the sps other than whats in the tank until the tank matures a bit.

• Like 3
BattleAthletics

Glenn definitely has some nice stuff....I have a few things from him. I can't even tell you how much stuff I lost to the GHA battle man. Multiple 80 plus polyp colonies of highend zoas, other smaller colonies of z's and p's, acans, sps, multiple years of growth gone. :tears:

Once I finish a little rescape and I'm certain the battle has been won.....I'll be gett'n some goodies for sure.

-So, what exactly is a "breakfast taco''? All we have here are breakfast burritos.

I had followed your build and saw something about getting some algae, then for whatever reason I stopped following. What exactly happened? Im glad you are on the rebound jack.

A breakfast taco consists of meats/eggs/vegtables etc wrapped into a tortilla. I know people call breakfast burritos and tacos the same and while being the same it depends who or where you ask, you follow?

Here are some delicious pictures for your mouth to commence watering.

28514_breakfast_tacos_620.jpg

20130825-veracruz-all-natural-breakfast-

Carnitas+Breakfast+Tacos+-+1.jpg

That my friend is a taco.

A breakfast burrito is a piece of shit wannabe big boy taco that cant handle all that meat. So it has to be fried in order to be a burrito.

/mic drop

• Like 5

I had followed your build and saw something about getting some algae, then for whatever reason I stopped following. What exactly happened? Im glad you are on the rebound jack.

A breakfast taco consists of meats/eggs/vegtables etc wrapped into a tortilla. I know people call breakfast burritos and tacos the same and while being the same it depends who or where you ask, you follow?

28514_breakfast_tacos_620.jpg

20130825-veracruz-all-natural-breakfast-

Carnitas+Breakfast+Tacos+-+1.jpg

:o

F You!! My mouth is watering........going to rape the fridge.

I had a HUGE outbreak of GHA. I believe it was from the dry rock I used on this tank......just rinsed and tossed it in. I read your process for cleaning dry rock a good year into this already being set up. Insane how bad it got...I was a day or two away from shitcanning the damn tank. I have added a GFO reactor and nuked the shit out of the GHA....and some coral.

Hopefully, I hit rockbottom.

-Damn those tacos look good.

• Like 2
BattleAthletics

I had a HUGE outbreak of GHA. I believe it was from the dry rock I used on this tank......just rinsed and tossed it in. I read your process for cleaning dry rock a good year into this already being set up. Insane how bad it got...I was a day or two away from shitcanning the damn tank. I have added a GFO reactor and nuked the shit out of the GHA....and some coral.

Whats the boobie looking thing in your sig?

Ouch, yeah usually stuff like pukani from brs has been said to have plenty of phosphates in the rock itself. I got my rock from a fellow reefer, he had slingshotted the hell out of the rocks and threw it in a channel here locally, he took it out several months later, I didnt want the live rock and opted to let it die and what happened after that was some smelly smelly smelly rock in my garage. I drained the waste water and filled the tub i had it in with only vinegar, that cleaned it but not the way an acid wash did. The rocks still have plenty of barnacles and look really good and hole-ey.

• Like 2

In Ca it's a breakfast burrito, in Tx it's a breakfast taco. Pretty much the same thing.

Starting to see coraline specks everywhere too, good sign. My only CUC is about 2 turbos 4 other big snails and 2 small hermits. We will see where this goes. Sunday is my normal water change day, I will also add my 4L of Seachem Matrix Media to the sump. I plan to hold out on the sps other than whats in the tank until the tank matures a bit.

You've already mastered the most important part of reefing, patience :).

A breakfast burrito is a piece of shit wannabe big boy taco that cant handle all that meat. So it has to be fried in order to be a burrito.

/mic drop

Lmao @ /mic drop

If the GHA is on the decline then you should be good. I would think that all of the po4 has already leached out of the rock. Should be smooth sailing now.

• Like 1
BattleAthletics

You've already mastered the most important part of reefing, patience :).

Its hard not to touch the tank. I'll be honest. But like the link you showed me. Those tanks are amazing and the K.I.S.S. method is always the best, biofiltration brotha. The pink sps immediately showed big polyp extensions when it went in the tank. I wonder what that is going to color up to with the radion.

• Like 2

Its hard not to touch the tank. I'll be honest. But like the link you showed me. Those tanks are amazing and the K.I.S.S. method is always the best, biofiltration brotha. The pink sps immediately showed big polyp extensions when it went in the tank. I wonder what that is going to color up to with the radion.

It looks like everything is liking their new home :). Yeah, that thread really makes you think about all of the BS we do to try to make everything "perfect". I've already been heading back to the basics anyway, but after seeing some of those tanks it just solidifies the fact that K.I.S.S. really is the best approach 95% of the time.

• Like 1

Soooo you get the apex ish figured out? Now I have both my mp10's and Radion connected to

My wxm, so controlling them and setting up the program via fusion is awesome I must say.

• Like 1
BattleAthletics

Soooo you get the apex ish figured out? Now I have both my mp10's and Radion connected toMy wxm, so controlling them and setting up the program via fusion is awesome I must say.

??no I haven't even been able to mess with it yet

• Like 1