Pod Your Reef

BA's New PicO Aquarium Tank

BattleAthletics

BeardedReeferLLC

Starting to see coraline specks everywhere too, good sign.

Sorry to say its not coraline. I thought the same thing but its your cycle finishing up with a look alike green algae. But everything is coming along great! Looks awesome.

Whats the boobie looking thing in your sig? Ouch, yeah usually stuff like pukani from brs has been said to have plenty of phosphates in the rock itself. I got my rock from a fellow reefer, he had slingshotted the hell out of the rocks and threw it in a channel here locally, he took it out several months later, I didnt want the live rock and opted to let it die and what happened after that was some smelly smelly smelly rock in my garage. I drained the waste water and filled the tub i had it in with only vinegar, that cleaned it but not the way an acid wash did. The rocks still have plenty of barnacles and look really good and hole-ey.
The boob play...otherwise known as Utter Chaos.Yep, lesson learned on using / prepping dry rock.

Sorry to say its not coraline. I thought the same thing but its your cycle finishing up with a look alike green algae. But everything is coming along great! Looks awesome.
Coraline will start off as a lime green and turn to purple. Looks like what it is to me.

In Ca it's a breakfast burrito, in Tx it's a breakfast taco. Pretty much the same thing. You've already mastered the most important part of reefing, patience :). Lmao @ /mic drop If the GHA is on the decline then you should be good. I would think that all of the po4 has already leached out of the rock. Should be smooth sailing now.
You think the rock has leached everything or the gfo is just doing it's part? I guess I can back off the gfo and see what happens....
  • Like 2

BA - tank is looking awesome !! Hope you get your Apex fixed. It's really an awesome controller and really surprised on how much trouble its giving you on updating it but there customer support is great / I am sure they will help you out. Also, who made the CA / ALK / MG sticker ?

BattleAthletics

So your saying my cycle isnt done? little over 2 months into it?

Sweet tank, those blastos have amazing color in the center. Did you ever get your apex unit fixed and figured out?

I knowwww the blastos look awesome, I was able to bring them back from stress, even though they seem indestructible. Glenn(CoralGardensAquaculture) had some rainbow ones, if he ever gets some more im picking them up asap.

Nice pick ups man, tank is gonna be killer once it all starts growing and filling in!! And that taco...... :wub:

If I could put that taco in the tank and grow it out and frag it and eat it I would, mmmmmmm.

BA - tank is looking awesome !! Hope you get your Apex fixed. It's really an awesome controller and really surprised on how much trouble its giving you on updating it but there customer support is great / I am sure they will help you out. Also, who made the CA / ALK / MG sticker ?

Let me remember where I left the email from the place I got them from. They use them for their dosing containers but since I already had some containers they were nice enough to sell me the stickers. I really havent been able to find time to mess with the apex, I am for sure going to directly wire it wall to wall when I get it fixed though.

Get on it slacker... No scuuuuuuuuuusesssss

Come babysit for me then, then ill get some time! Its hard enough I work a weird schedule, and with my daughter always wanting me to play with her its hard to make time.

• Like 1

Lol I would if I was closer! My 5yr and 9yr old nephews stay over all the time. Now I gotta teach um how to do water changes and change my carbo/gfo and I'll be good!

• Like 2

Its hard not to touch the tank. I'll be honest. But like the link you showed me. Those tanks are amazing and the K.I.S.S. method is always the best, biofiltration brotha.

What link? I wanna see :).

Did you start Game of Thrones?

BattleAthletics

What link? I wanna see :).

Did you start Game of Thrones?

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2289842

Omg yes I did, I was able to aquire seasons 1,2, and 3. I havent started episode 2 season 1 yet. Always so busy doing something.

Lol I would if I was closer! My 5yr and 9yr old nephews stay over all the time. Now I gotta teach um how to do water changes and change my carbo/gfo and I'll be good!

Then youll have more time to do reef stuff, make sure they wear a minion outfit when then start doing the water change lol. Obh the voice too, they have to do the voice.

• Like 3
BattleAthletics

http://www.aquaboxaquarium.com

email them and ask them about the stickers, tell them that Hugo(BattleAthletics) sent you

• Like 3
BattleAthletics

Well all sorts of animals are happening in the tank, I think ive seen dozens of different kinds of bugs/pods and stringy stuff onthe rock and rubble. I have no clue what it is. The frags look healthy, im going to see if I can sell them locally if not I might be shipping my first corals on nano-reef.

• Like 3
glennr1978

Well all sorts of animals are happening in the tank, I think ive seen dozens of different kinds of bugs/pods and stringy stuff onthe rock and rubble. I have no clue what it is. The frags look healthy, im going to see if I can sell them locally if not I might be shipping my first corals on nano-reef.

Let me know if you want me to catch some mysid shrimp for you. My refugium is over run with them now :)

Message me here, my phone caught the same bug yours did. I need to get a new one.

• Like 1
BattleAthletics

Let me know if you want me to catch some mysid shrimp for you. My refugium is over run with them now :)

Message me here, my phone caught the same bug yours did. I need to get a new one.

Sure, mysis would do great in the sump, I still would like to do a fuge there, got any extra chaeto? Let me know when your ready for those frags I told you about.

Minh has several sps frags he's got for me. His tank is overrun with coraline algae.

• Like 3
glennr1978

Sure, mysis would do great in the sump, I still would like to do a fuge there, got any extra chaeto? Let me know when your ready for those frags I told you about.

Minh has several sps frags he's got for me. His tank is overrun with coraline algae.

I've got plenty of chaeto man, let me know when you want some.

Message me here, my phone is screwed up. I'll be getting a new one soon, just gotta figure out what I want.

• 4 weeks later...
BattleAthletics

I!

Hate!

Fern!

Caulerpa!

Apex still isn't fixed.

I need to order a reef cleaners package soon. Diatoms growing quickly.

• Like 1
BattleAthletics

I'm going to remove the crushed coral, it's just too much, I'm liking into diversifying the bacteria in the tank. Other than adding microbacter7, I'm thinking about ordering some live rock from kp aquatics. Doser has been set and I'll see what the levels are later today.

• Like 1
BattleAthletics

Any updates on this beast?

Unfortunatly, I have a ton of frags but most of then have fern caulerpa on then, no matter what I do it still grows, phosphate last checked was a .018 or a .18. Something is going on with the tank.

Levels are 7.8 DKH, 230 Ca :( and 1140, I cant seem to find time to call neptune systems to fix my shiet, my ATO runs off of the APEX so now I have to manually turn on the ato and the float catches it, the skimmer for some reason never gives me a good head of foam, its erratic, also I never pull much "Gunk" out of the skimmer, mostly wet shit, I was wondering if its the airline to it or just the pump, im going to order a dc pump and see what happens.

blah blah blah tank looks like shit, might restart it fresh again sell my frags and start over, idk yet.

• Like 1