Innovative Marine Aquariums

BA's New PicO Aquarium Tank

BattleAthletics

Shit, sorry to hear you're having so many issues. It's amazing how something like Caulerpa can get introduced to a system with even the smallest piece and then it's near impossible to get rid of. <_<

Did you go with all dead rock? I did and it took months and heavy feeding before my skimmer started pulling some nasty shit out. Perhaps your bioload is just low and the skimmer isn't having to work hard.

Good luck, you have a great canvas.

• Like 1

Get a tang :P. Or maybe a lawnmower blenny would munch on it? Emerald crabs? Urchins? Feather caulerpa can't be as bad looking as GHA or bryopsis. Do you have a picture of it? :)

• 2 weeks later...
BattleAthletics

I fail at reefing bros and brodettes, I have about 800$+ worth of equipment that's not working right because I can't seem to fix my apex, I did get it hardwired to the modem, next week is dedicated to restoring the greatness of the reef!

I fail at reefing bros and brodettes, I have about 800$+ worth of equipment that's not working right because I can't seem to fix my apex, I did get it hardwired to the modem, next week is dedicated to restoring the greatness of the reef!

I fail even worse bro. I have about $800 worth of shiz that's still in boxes under my tank.....at least you try.

• Like 2
BattleAthletics

Ok, apex is updated, the wmx module is updated and linked to the radion light and pumps. Avast marine ato is on too, life got so much simpler now, the sump and left side of the stand where my ocd rolling electric panel is at is all clean looking, I talked to John Maloney from Reef Cleaners and he seems to think it's bryopsis, at least I can treat bryopsis with Kent Tech M.

• Like 3
BattleAthletics

Did you try peroxide?

Only on the frag rack and on some of the rocks that had some bryopsis, but not the 3 patches that's actually on the structure. I'll do the raising of mg throughout the weekend.

The peroxide worked great, lol actually made the frag plugs white. I did a half bottle of h2o2 to 5g mixture. Thanks for the idea.

Ohhh, anal bleaching.....is that still in?

No I took it out of you brother yack, don't remember? What's everyone up to tonight? Yes that includes you reading this.

• Like 1

Only on the frag rack and on some of the rocks that had some bryopsis, but not the 3 patches that's actually on the structure. I'll do the raising of mg throughout the weekend.

The peroxide worked great, lol actually made the frag plugs white. I did a half bottle of h2o2 to 5g mixture. Thanks for the idea.

No I took it out of you brother yack, don't remember? What's everyone up to tonight? Yes that includes you reading this.

....the demons? Si, I remember.

Just leaving the doctor office. I have been deaf for two weeks and thought I'd go find out why.

BattleAthletics

uja6ypen.jpgyjeta7et.jpge5e2ybyg.jpg

Sooooooooo much more cleaner.

....the demons? Si, I remember.Just leaving the doctor office. I have been deaf for two weeks and thought I'd go find out why.

Too much ear wax huh? Enough to make a candle?? A virgin Mary candle??!! Aye dios mio!

• Like 4
BattleAthletics

Looking great! Who did you get the dosing containers from?

-Dave

Hey! I just saw a video of you on yt being interviewed by Jake Adams on the topic of the synergy setups with a NB light. Good stuff! I know I'm late to the party though mentioning it now.

This is where I got the dosing containers:

http://www.fish-street.com/liquid_box_5litres?category_id=139

The black stickers(no offense Jack) were from aquabox.

• Like 1
uja6ypen.jpgyjeta7et.jpge5e2ybyg.jpg

Sooooooooo much more cleaner.

Too much ear wax huh? Enough to make a candle?? A virgin Mary candle??!! Aye dios mio!

Show off.....F you and your under tank cleanliness!

Made a Baby Jesus candle out of it. Be surprised at Christmas mijo.

• Like 2
BattleAthletics

Them some epic dosing reservoirs.

Looking great! Who did you get the dosing containers from?

-Dave

Show off.....F you and your under tank cleanliness! Made a Baby Jesus candle out of it. Be surprised at Christmas mijo.

Those containers can be found on fish street:

http://www.fish-stre...uid_box_5litres

The decals I got them from aquabox, you can email them at:

sales@aquaboxaquarium.com

Tell them Hugo(BattleAthletics) sent you.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
BattleAthletics

I need some advice, for a while now ive been thinking that my skimmer isnt as efficient as most other ones. Reading up on threads of venturi skimmers ive noticed that those that have gone with them never regret the decision to buy one.

My skimmer is made by LifeReef, it is this one shown:

14627004830_e6ede3e6aa_c.jpg

76383C26-6931-47C5-B8CC-29313C5A75F2-3341-00000193A88D54E9_zps90f4f56f by battleathletics, on Flickr

That photo isnt mine but it is a good representation of what mine looks like. Wider neck, Eheim 1262 pump, now to my question.

Has anyone encountered where their skimmer actually did more harm than good?

Ive been hearing that running it maybe in certain intervals would/may help out the tanks stability.

Also what does everyone feed their tank? I just feed pellet to the fish since my coral stock is just mostly softies. For those with radions, have any of you turned off the green in your light fixture? Ive read on RC that someone had to do that because of algae blooms.

Oh look at what I found?

12182878705_051d013132_c.jpg

Untitled by battleathletics, on Flickr

12182864215_38c129eee3_c.jpg

12182856805_7a4acddf53_c.jpg

12183479046_bdee92e67f_c.jpg

12183285334_54dc49f4c4_c.jpg

12182874795_da47155ac9_c.jpg

14790719216_724a31db4c_c.jpg

IMGP1687_zps1e5da351 by battleathletics, on Flickr

^^I miss that rock =(

This is the most amazing colorful tank ive ever seen.

14627054549_f990729555_c.jpg

1780930_654031687967315_800470553_o_zpsea77913f by battleathletics, on Flickr

• Like 3
I need some advice, for a while now ive been thinking that my skimmer isnt as efficient as most other ones. Reading up on threads of venturi skimmers ive noticed that those that have gone with them never regret the decision to buy one.

That photo isnt mine but it is a good representation of what mine looks like. Wider neck, Eheim 1262 pump, now to my question.

Ive been hearing that running it maybe in certain intervals would/may help out the tanks stability.

Also what does everyone feed their tank? I just feed pellet to the fish since my coral stock is just mostly softies. For those with radions, have any of you turned off the green in your light fixture? Ive read on RC that someone had to do that because of algae blooms.

Oh look at what I found?

^^I miss that rock =(

This is the most amazing colorful tank ive ever seen.

that is a bad ass tank. Is there a tank thread somewhere for it?
  • Like 1
jedimasterben

14627004830_e6ede3e6aa_c.jpg

76383C26-6931-47C5-B8CC-29313C5A75F2-3341-00000193A88D54E9_zps90f4f56f by battleathletics, on Flickr

I don't know a lot about Lifereef stuff other than that it is retardedly expensive for what it is. What is it doing or not doing that you want it to do or not do? Skimmers all do the same thing the same way, blow bubbles to push organics and particulates out into the cup.

Also what does everyone feed their tank? I just feed pellet to the fish since my coral stock is just mostly softies.

Pellets, flake, frozen, live. Pick whichever is easiest or best that you will keep up with.

For those with radions, have any of you turned off the green in your light fixture? Ive read on RC that someone had to do that because of algae blooms.

Know anyone running halides or T5 for lights? Leave them on.

• Like 1
Spiderguardnano

that is a bad ass tank. Is there a tank thread somewhere for it?

Its on R2R for tank of the month

its an insane tank he mentions he doesnt dose nothing in fact he mentions he neglects the tank

hes also running radions over it

• Like 1