Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

BA's New PicO Aquarium Tank

BattleAthletics

OrionN came by and dropped off 2 snowflakes, they're doing great. Ordered a AVAST Marine Works ATO pressure switch & float switch. Now waiting on Mike from Micro-Reefs for my custom ATO container/reservoir.

Battling micro bubbles from the skimmer, what's good Chris!?

Sounds good man, makin progress and a couple cool fish :) That sucks about the skimmer and bubbles, I'm not much help there I've been really lucky and not had to deal with any of those issues.... sorry!!!

Just slowly raising the humidity. My RO/DI filter is painfully slow.... stupid well!!!! :(

gulfsurfer101

Dude, same problem but only my sump drains out too fast and I have a ton of microbubbles. If I dial it back, the water doesn't drain fast enough where it T's off into where I keep the carbon, cpe, and cheato. I'm thinking of redoing my sump completely and using a 20 tall instead to raise the water in my return section and battle the bubble chaos.

Dude, same problem but only my sump drains out too fast and I have a ton of microbubbles. If I dial it back, the water doesn't drain fast enough where it T's off into where I keep the carbon, cpe, and cheato. I'm thinking of redoing my sump completely and using a 20 tall instead to raise the water in my return section and battle the bubble chaos.

Not sure but could you put a 90 on the intake of your return pump to pull from lower and hopefully suck in less air??

gulfsurfer101

Not sure but could you put a 90 on the intake of your return pump to pull from lower and hopefully suck in less air??

Not an option, it's a submersible with grated intake. Even if I take off the cover, I don't have enough to set a 90 on the intake section without modding something. I'm trying to escape the ghetto build on this one.

• Like 1

White women?

Mexican wives go:

Wife: What do you want for dinner?

Me: idk surprise me

Wife: no really

Me: doesn't matter take something out the freezer and cook it

Wife: ok Ramen will be waiting for you then since you can't make up your mind

Me: why does that not surprise me....

That's not a Mexican thing, bro. My wife does that too, and she's as white as white gets!

Not an option, it's a submersible with grated intake. Even if I take off the cover, I don't have enough to set a 90 on the intake section without modding something. I'm trying to escape the ghetto build on this one.

You kids and your pretty sumps, I'll never understand it lol

• Like 1
CoralGardensAquaculture

The CGA sump looks like a storage container for various black cords and clear vinyl tubing. I'm not one to stress stuff like that, and my livestock doesn't know the difference.

• Like 1

The CGA sump looks like a storage container for various black cords and clear vinyl tubing. I'm not one to stress stuff like that, and my livestock doesn't know the difference.

Same here, sumps are to hide ugly stuff, not be pretty especially behind closed doors lol

• Like 1
gulfsurfer101

Nah, what I meant to say it's that sh*t sounds like a lot of work and I don't feel like f*cking with it. That better, lol. I've used poly filter but it still gets through. I think I've found a solution by rolling some poly filter into a chemical media bag and use it as a media sock. BA, I know you got boo koo snails, give me some. Nah but really I was thinking of ordering a cuc deal from john but I think I'll just do the 20g or 40g package deal for my 75g since I know JM throws lots of extras.

Nah, what I meant to say it's that sh*t sounds like a lot of work and I don't feel like f*cking with it.

I must be lost cuz it don't take shit to put a 90 degree elbow from the hardware store on the intake of the pump. The hardest part is actually going to the hardware store lol

• Like 1
gulfsurfer101

Yeah, the intake had two blade like things for your fingers to grip that prevents the 90 from slipping easily on. I'd have to file those down. Plus it's not just any regular pvc size fitting. It's marine pvc so I'd have to hunt it down or use epoxy to get it to stick. That's just to much work to do the job all wrong. It makes more sense to me to go to Petco and get a 20H and just rebuild a sump that will be flawless and f*kk all the b*****! I'm just tied up after my house payment and twiddling my thumbs until payday when I can actually make this happen. Till then, I can live with it. What I really need to look into is a good controller. BA has pointed me in the way of the apex but it is a little costly for me and I'm new to reef controllers. I'll have to do some more homework before I make that 600 dollar leap. It's more than what I paid for my tank.

• Like 1

What kinda chinese pump are you running that it won't take a standard pvc size?

Atleast petco is running their $1/g sale again, so it won't sting to much redoing the sump :) lol

Controllers are definitely a good thing to have. I have a Reef Angel.... I knew the Apex were pricey but I thought they were a bit cheaper then that, damn!

• Like 2

They must be doing that sale just in the midwest right now because mine didn't have it when I checked Sunday.

I believe it started today..... I saw it on the website anyway.

• Like 1
BattleAthletics

Just wanted to let yall know that I love you guys/ladies.

Except Kim, she's evil.

Another snowflake added(original I had in my Evolve 8),toxic scribble hammer, 3 acan frags, and a crazy mix of gsp/psp that's starting to branch out, all from my original 8g. Sister in laws bf held them for me and the rocks are smothered in coraline algea. I'm happy, enough fish bioload for the week. I'll get some more of my frags Thursday but they have some algea on them, what should I use to dip them?

Same here, sumps are to hide ugly stuff, not be pretty especially behind closed doors lol

If ya got it why not flaunt it? Lol

Thought I was going to have to shut down a chemical plant for repairs but it turns out they can do the repairs while running.

• Like 1
BattleAthletics

Nice red acans back there! Rich color.

Those 3 frags(grown a bit) are CGA frags Annette. How have you been?

Clown looks good man, lets see some more of the corals :)

3 snowflake clowns and they're playing nice to each other, I have marks other 2 clowns that I'll bring another day(don't want too much of a bioload in 1 week. Thursday I'm going to get the rest of my frags and bring them over from OrionN's place and then all that's left is the stuff from glenn.

Show the goods!!!

You have my best goods! Let's set up a day so I can head over. Next week maybe?

• Like 2