Cultivated Reef

BA's New PicO Aquarium Tank

BattleAthletics

gulfsurfer101

Dude, the rock in your tank is balls, and your hole looks so damn nice and ready to fill with fuzzy sticks. You never call me anymore, are you mad me broseph.

• Like 1
BattleAthletics

Dude, the rock in your tank is balls, and your hole looks so damn nice and ready to fill with fuzzy sticks. You never call me anymore, are you mad me broseph.

Bro, you ain't man enough to fill my hole. Dude, you never came by to pick up the breeder!

Wow! Very impressive build. Love the anal.....of your organization!

Was I really that anal about the organization? Your the 10th person to say that from here and other forums lol. Other than the wife always naggin about I never stop working on the tank.

Looks great man! One question though, where are you gonna put that big ass chunk of rock that I've got sitting in my tank (the one with the war coral, which has tripled in size btw, and the two little acro frags)?

You can have the war coral, that thing grows to quick. The other sticks I'll have to chip them off :-/.

How did this happen ? I just set up my new Apex two weeks ago and connect everything though my router (etherport connection) . I disconnect my netgear wireless bridge and connected my etherport from my apex to my router. Then I connect my laptop to my router via etherport cable also. Everything updated fine /I have the new firmware and still have not been emailed by Apex for the new Fusion access. I have signed up on there website but nothing yet. Please see the link below:

Hope this helps out. Awesome scape by the way!!

Thanks for the compliment, I also did what you mentioned and every time I went to actually do something to the apex it would rest my apex and turn off my laptop, stupid laptop has stupid windows 8 which I hate, can't do anything with Windows 8. Idk, I think the wife has a 15in laptop(pink as ####, hurts my eyes looking at it) that I'll see if it works.

• Like 2

yhu4yhyz.jpg

Lights on!

Also my laptop USB connection started to smoke while connected to the apex, idk how the hell I'm supposed to update it now.

Need to program my radion also.

Ahh the old glory hole.

Wow that scape is killer BA....love the look of this tank.

• Like 1

So much stuff for such a tiny box. I love the scape. Also I think that sand bed requires a blue spotted jawfish. I'm just saying.

• Like 2
gulfsurfer101

Dude, I totally forgot about the breeder. I'm on like day 45of 12hr ninight shift shutdown mode. There was a day off in there somewhere but it kind of melted away. I'll see if I find time this weekend to go by and pink it up.

• Like 1
BattleAthletics

Nice, bring your pink. I'll be working dude so it would have to be Thursday or early Friday. Forgot to tell you dupont is hiring i&e if your interested.

• Like 2
BattleAthletics

So much stuff for such a tiny box. I love the scape. Also I think that sand bed requires a blue spotted jawfish. I'm just saying.

I pack the box! I've thought about the Jaw Fish no lie.

• Like 2

You could easily hide a burrow for him in the sand. I love the blue spot jawfish. Even the pearl jawfish are amazing, but the blue spot would be awesome in your tank.

• Like 1

I pack the box! I've thought about the Jaw Fish no lie.

If you get one make sure it is from a quality place that uses a good quality wholesaler, unfortunately some places still get them from places that use less then stellar capture methods.

• Like 1
BattleAthletics

If you get one make sure it is from a quality place that uses a good quality wholesaler, unfortunately some places still get them from places that use less then stellar capture methods.

Live aquaria? Yeah idk, there's only 1 out of 3 Lfs that's worth going to.
  • Like 3

The scape really is fantastic! If you decide to get a pearly jawfish, KPA (sealifeinc.net) is a great source. I just checked and they are currently out of stock. They sell pairs occasionally too.

BattleAthletics

The scape really is fantastic! If you decide to get a pearly jawfish, KPA (sealifeinc.net) is a great source. I just checked and they are currently out of stock. They sell pairs occasionally too.

Thanks for the link i'll save it in my bookmarks gena, now go watch Bates Motel!

In other news, my apex is getting to be very frustrating as I can't seem to update and connect to it via wifi, I hook the USB and ethernet but once I him up the USB the aquacontroller brain shuts off. Also the head unit goes blank. Idk what's going on.

• Like 3

Live aquaria? Yeah idk, there's only 1 out of 3 Lfs that's worth going to.

LA has been pretty miss over hit lately..... If you aren't thrilled with any of them you could see if you can find out if they use a certain wholesaler and if you could pick it up still in the bag... I prefer to do that usually anyway with harder/ delicate fish, but its rumored I am crazy.

gulfsurfer101

Thursday or Friday, no can do. I'm bringing in my 75g and that will be my main focus. I should be going back to ten hour days next week and possibly can get it then. I'll have to check DuPont out, thanks for heads up.

BattleAthletics

I didn't know about not connecting to USB, Paul at Neptune Systems told me and I felt dumb, well apex is updated but had to use a 50ft ethernet cable to connect to my modem, that so much easier. Now to figure out how to use a wireless adapter on this controller.

• Like 3

What wireless adapter did you buy? Literaly all I did was plug the apex to it once I connected it to My home network and searched for the apex with the apex app and done. I've been using fusion for the last month and I have to say its awesome!

• Like 2
BattleAthletics

What wireless adapter did you buy? Literaly all I did was plug the apex to it once I connected it to My home network and searched for the apex with the apex app and done. I've been using fusion for the last month and I have to say its awesome!

Ohh you connected it with the pc first then disconnected and put it on the apex?

I'm using the netgear wnce refurbished unit, thing is so small lol.

FYI for anyone looking for a deal on an apex lite: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2390075

• Like 2
BattleAthletics

7eda9ane.jpg

Hurry up and wait now. I happened to use expired live sand, crushed coral substrate, dry rock, and about 5 small pieces of live rock from a friend tank.

For those that live in Port Aransas or like their brewing house.

upemy3y8.jpg

• Like 2
BattleAthletics

13185377433_0a51c39c5f_c.jpg

13185364313_3deef992e9_c.jpg

I set the radion to high growth, the colors from ilovereefing(Schwings Reef) was throwing the tank off. Maybe once it fills in with frags then it would be better color wise. Another thing is im thinking of the Avast ATO with an I/O plug to connect to the apex, I hear its the best plug and play ato for it that incorporates the apex. Anyone have an avast ato?

Plus I have a couple of pumps for sale: Mag 9.5 & Mag 7.

• Like 5