Top Shelf Aquatics

SouthReef -- Bye bye Red Planet!

SouthFlorida_Tron

You see that nub on the right side of the encrusting part,that's where I'd scrape some flesh off to get it to branch there.

Seriously though,what's that like 6-8 inches worth of encrusting lol ?

Oh okay. To the left,near the top most part of the encrusting it looks like a mini branch started to come out but stopped. Really ? It looks like it'd be so much bigger,hmmm.

Omg can u imagine a wall of red planet so red you have to remove everything to keep them from fighting.

what I think it says, and it still doesn't make sense :lol:

Omg can u imagine a wall of red planet so big you have to remove everything to keep them from fighting.

maybe he meant this?

• Like 2
SouthFlorida_Tron

Staying away from yellows & greens so that i don't add to the overwhelming green from the frogspawn. I'm going to give the pink milli a few months to try and take off then decide what to do.

Got this piece from Macna, at the World Wide Coral booth...

Its growing and showing potential for color but...... Why won't it turn ALL pink?!?!

You got to give it some time tron...IME millis like alot of light.

Whats your bulb combo BTW?

SouthFlorida_Tron

2 Blue+

2 Coral+

1 blue reefbrite

I'll be getting another one in the next few months. You were right. They're awesome. Think the next one might be a 50/50 though.

I can't get my Red Robin to color up. Take a look at Cultivated Reef, that's where I got my Red Robin and some others for a lot cheaper.

Also see if a frag of Kat's Katropora is available, that would look quite good as well.

And just like that here I am. My Katropora is ailing at the moment. Mr Microscope got a piece from someone, but I'm not sure who.

That red planet will branch when it hits the water surface till then it is going for the most light which happens to be up that wall to the surface.

Pink in sticks is one of the harder colors to get/maintain IMO. They don't seem to respond to the same conditions the same way as other sticks. Millis like a lot of light and being beaten about with the flow. Also, most vendors have MH which again points to high light making the pinks come to life.

• Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

Kat,

Thoughts on lowering the ATI W/ reefbrite down from 10" to 9" and observe?

Since showing the tank good husbandry lately, I've started seeing new polyp extension out of the milli and am now seeing much more pink that before... even the smallest frag on the rack is growing green bases so colors are coming, maybe just be patient or give it more light?

• Like 1