Innovative Marine Aquariums

SouthReef -- Bye bye Red Planet!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Well, I measured the screen frame to fit within the clips, so it rests on the the clips. I cleverly glued black tubing to the top of the acrylic back wall, and use 2 clips, one on each side, and the screen sits perfectly...

11483118275_4f914f847e_c.jpgCad by J.L Photography, on Flickr

Did those clips come with the tank? Mine are completely different for mine and wouldn't work like that.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Diesel's are awesome for fuel consumption. What size tank does the TDi have?

Well, I pushed one tank to 16.5 gallons, I believe the tank holds either 18, or 18.5 gallons... I filled this last tank right when the light came on, with 15.6 gallons, so I'm pretty sure that I could've squeezed 750 out of that tank!

Did those clips come with the tank? Mine are completely different for mine and wouldn't work like that.

They came with the tank, yes

• Like 2
SouthFlorida_Tron

Argument of the day:

"Jon, I'm not kidding, this is not a joke, this is Mia's closet... You really need to get rid of this fish ****, this is not a ******** storage...!!!!! "

"I'm not kidding.... keep on laughing... keep on laughing....."

Meanwhile, I'm in the other room on the macbook:

:rolleyes:

• Like 3
Argument of the day:

"Jon, I'm not kidding, this is not a joke, this is Mia's closet... You really need to get rid of this fish ****, this is not a ******** storage...!!!!! "

"I'm not kidding.... keep on laughing... keep on laughing....."

Meanwhile, I'm in the other room on the macbook:

:rolleyes:

Lol!!! We just moved into our new house a few weeks ago and after I set up

My new tank I took over a big closet in the basemeny set up shelves and everything is in there and she still complained about that... I laughed and walked away

SouthFlorida_Tron

Just changed the tube on my bubble magus doser head for alk, it was leaking like a sieve... what a pain in my ass to get the head cover off, jesus lol

• 3 weeks later...

So.....

Haven't done a water change in about 4 weeks. Guess that sums everything up for ya

LOL....neither have I. Been WAAAY too busy with the rest of life. I really need to do one this weekend, corals are just starting to look like they need something...

Hi Tron, I'm looking for that window screen frame in black like yours and online at HD and lowes they either have brown, white or aluminum. Where did you get your black frame from?

Kat, I know that bulkreefsupply has the black frame on their site. I was at my local Lowes the other day and didn't see any black in their store either.

Also, Tron, could you snap a photo of your filter sock mount in your first chamber? Since StevieT is dragging his feet on coming out with a mini34 basket I want to trade out my egg crate basket for something else.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Hey yall.... my lowes carried only the black screen frame, like for a sliding door, or window.

Oh, for that I just add a layer of Floss directly on top of the blue Sponge. The carbon is right under neath...

We desperately need those baskets.

• Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

Was browsing the CAD Lights site and came across your tank. I'm assuming you are aware that it's there and probably posted about it here at some point but I enjoyed randomly seeing it there. Maybe they'll put up an updated FTS eventually :)

http://www.cadlights.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=46

Ya man, its a bit outdated, sorry... originally the pic is to show off just an idea of what the tank can do...

What's going on Tron? We need some updates. B)

Lackadaisical miscare and neglect my friend.... neglect.... good riddance to husbandry if I can't figure out simplest of issues anymore... for too many years have I meticulously tried to baby and at times harass the over watching of this tank and am stubbornly disappointed with the lack of cooperation with either algae, coral behavior, and or equipment... This bitch is on autopilot, and I merely top off the water reservoir and feed from time to time...

To be honest, I think the system has stabilized since I have stopped doing water changes lol... pffft... figures...

(can you tell me disgust with trying to correct any issues? lol)

I feel you, sometimes the simplest things are the most frustrating and we over think them. Auto pilot the crap out of it if no water changes are working. :lol: I'm sure it will make a turn for the better.