Cultivated Reef

SouthReef -- Bye bye Red Planet!

SouthFlorida_Tron

SouthFlorida_Tron

I will say this, the DSG is quick to zip through gears coming off the light, and the torque is always there when you want it. so even though my days of running and gunning are over, which is fine, i still have the umph to zoom around traffic as needed...

Cant state enough how nice the interior is... the leather and suede, the Fender sound system, the high tech nav and ac, the power seats, and oh ya, I've never had the luxury of bluetooth before! that may be my favorite believe it or not...

The interiors on the new vw's are super nice now! I do have to agree that Bluetooth feature on these new cars is way fun, when the fiancé actually let's me take our new grandcherokee to work every now and then that's one of my fav features aswell.

Cool new car Tron, congrats. I feel ya on the gas millage. I may actually be getting something new tomorrow myself. I have loved driving my genesis coupe the past 2 years, but with another baby on the way and getting tired of 21 mpg and paying for premium, I will be looking at a sonata hybrid tomorrow!

My buddy has the same ride and he has been dealing with electrical issues with the push to start feature. He has had it at the dealership 3 times in the last 2 months. Nice ride though congrats on the pick up

Hey Tron,

Where did you put your Tunze ATO? Can you snap a picture of it? I bought the same one. Also where did you put the controller for it?

SouthFlorida_Tron

Hey Tron,

Where did you put your Tunze ATO? Can you snap a picture of it? I bought the same one. Also where did you put the controller for it?

Anywhere in the return chamber.

I mounted my controller in my book shelf with the other electronics.

• Like 1

I find that hard to wrap my head around. The back chamber water levels will go down because of evap? I figured that the display portion would go down and that the flow through the back chambers would stay the same... Omfg just realized if the main display is lower then the flow through the surface skimmer would be less and the pump would be returning more water then being received ... Lol oops silly me.

Just solved that for myself. But it still baffles me if anyone else can explain do so lol.

I think I just confused myself...

SouthFlorida_Tron

Jesus, uh, me too... the water in the display will always be kept level via the drain slots on the left... the return pump regulates the water in the back and since that is where the water level will fluctuate via where its being pumped out, thats where evap will show... did i explain it right? lol

Congrats on the new ride man,the new vdubs are so sexy !!! I'm sure the gas mileage is awesome. My brother n law had the 2.0T TSI Passat,for a boat that thing would get up and go !!! It was horrible on gas though lol.

And as for the Rotiform's mentioned about,I don't see how someone can drop $2,500-$3,500 for just a set of rims.. No matter how sexy rotiforms are.

I wish I woulda upgraded to a elite,but I decided to say screw a skimmer lol. All my sps are taking off with just water changes :D

• Like 1

I find that hard to wrap my head around. The back chamber water levels will go down because of evap? I figured that the display portion would go down and that the flow through the back chambers would stay the same... Omfg just realized if the main display is lower then the flow through the surface skimmer would be less and the pump would be returning more water then being received ... Lol oops silly me.

Just solved that for myself. But it still baffles me if anyone else can explain do so lol.

I think I just confused myself...

The pump drives the system, therefore, any change in the volume of water in the system will be seen in the pump chamber.

Edit - Whoops, Tron already answered that!

Jesus, uh, me too... the water in the display will always be kept level via the drain slots on the left... the return pump regulates the water in the back and since that is where the water level will fluctuate via where its being pumped out, thats where evap will show... did i explain it right? lol

Yes last night I kinda figured that out. The pump maintains the level in the display but that causes the back chamber to fluctuate.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Yes last night I kinda figured that out. The pump maintains the level in the display but that causes the back chamber to fluctuate.

fluctuates with evaporation, and thats why the ATO goes there! :happydance:

SouthFlorida_Tron

Hi guys,

The tank is still alive, but still battling algaes, and zoas are still acting up...

https://flic.kr/p/p2jf7X'>15111081675_545f0380ab_c.jpghttps://flic.kr/p/p2jf7X'>September 2014 by https://www.flickr.com/people/66620096@N02/'>J.L Photography, on Flickr

https://flic.kr/p/oZhoPo'>15088087716_5a5ed6f7fe_c.jpghttps://flic.kr/p/oZhoPo'>Struggling Zoas by https://www.flickr.com/people/66620096@N02/'>J.L Photography, on Flickr

• Like 4

Mine do the same thing.. Zoa's are like stubborn 3 year olds,one minute they want to act right,the next minute they're pissed.

Tank looks amazing nonetheless man :)

That is one stubborn red planet...i saw a thread on r2r recently. Someone had also mounted a red planet on the back wall and it was doing the same thing. It was a 3/4 nub with 6 inches of encrusting growth...lol

SouthFlorida_Tron

why do zoas do this?!?! the one on the left corner looks great so why are the other ones struggling? if only zoas can talk...

Mine do the same thing.. Zoa's are like stubborn 3 year olds,one minute they want to act right,the next minute they're pissed.

Tank looks amazing nonetheless man :)

You know.... I've given up trying to find solutions... just keeping up with water changes and maintaining parameters and hoping one day they just wake up and snap out of it...

That is one stubborn red planet...i saw a thread on r2r recently. Someone had also mounted a red planet on the back wall and it was doing the same thing. It was a 3/4 nub with 6 inches of encrusting growth...lol

Its strange as hell.... still encrusting upwards... the colors change weekly, green, maroon, then green again...... so strange...

One day.... hopefully...