Pod Your Reef

SouthReef -- Bye bye Red Planet!

SouthFlorida_Tron

SouthFlorida_Tron

Ill be sure to look into and consider the Iodine...

I know you hate that your acro is only encrusting the wall, but I really hope it covers all of it. :lol:

It will for sure add some nice texture and color balance of pinkish red behind the green glob of frogspawn!

Not sure if anyone caught this on page one, but thought this was a cool way to show off monthly full tank shots :ninja:

14935836130_15eeec5761_o.gif

• Like 7
jedimasterben

Dude, that's a great idea! I think I might have to steal that one ;)

Except for being a 27MB file, that's a bit much :lol: Should probably tone it down a bit, maybe make it a much shorter gif.

Tron are you having any problems with the CAD skimmer and micro bubbles and your Tunze ATO in the back chamber? I don't know where to put the thing but the bubbles are forming around the sensor and it keeps thinking the tank is empty and filling up the thing.

Tron are you having any problems with the CAD skimmer and micro bubbles and your Tunze ATO in the back chamber? I don't know where to put the thing but the bubbles are forming around the sensor and it keeps thinking the tank is empty and filling up the thing.

I would remove the pump from the skimmer and re-thread it to make sure there isn't a small gap. That could definitely be causing your micro bubble issue. I threaded mine incorrectly when I first set it up and had issues with bubbles, but they disappeared when I put the pump back on. You could also put one of the sponge filters CAD sent with the tank between the skimmer and ATO float switch. Just cut it to size and you should be good to go.

I'll definitely try those suggestions. I just figured the skimmer was bubbling because my tank wasn't cycling yet. I will definitely throw in one of the sponges even if that does fix the problem. Another questions though… how high up should you keep the water in the back chamber?

SouthFlorida_Tron

Mine does not have any bubbles... extremely slight if any. I put a small piece of the sponge before that final baffle, to prevent loose chaeto from getting into the return chamber...

obviously an older photo with the regular skimmer. not the elite...

https://flic.kr/p/koifBc]12723107545_b29b36e3a4_c.jpg[/url]https://flic.kr/p/koifBc]Sump AIO[/url] by https://www.flickr.com/people/66620096@N02/]J.L Photography[/url], on Flickr

• Like 2
SouthFlorida_Tron

Guys, at this point, after more than a year with this frag not doing anything other than the obvious, if it does provide the awesome backdrop of texture and color that would be a win....

#StillPatient !!!!

• Like 2

I have a hypothesis that acros and montis increase growth where they have a little damage.

I would debride a couple small spots on the red planet to see if it starts coralite growth out.