Top Shelf Aquatics

SouthReef -- Bye bye Red Planet!

SouthFlorida_Tron

SouthFlorida_Tron

I'm absolutely stunned by that frogspawn. That thing is HUGE. I hope mine can look as good as that someday.

Thanks Cronic, I inject it with steroids and feed it baby frogspawns

• Like 2

Thanks Cronic, I inject it with steroids and feed it baby frogspawns

HAHA it sure looks like it. Mine just grew two new mouths and dropped like 20 polyps in the process :angry: ...gonna have to get me some of those steroids of yours.

That's one thing I hateeee about blue sps,mine have always turn green and my green ones sometimes turn blue lol. I don't get it..

Regardless it looks good man !!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Every now and again I see one little tiny neon green polyp floating about the tank, but never as drastic as you mention!!!! Thats crazy!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Beneath the polyps which are yet to come around, or its so fuzzy i didn't see all this beautiful color, but look at how this thing has come around!!!!

I discovered this while basting and saw the polyps retract to reveal this stunning color transformation!

16451619011_7eafb60a0c_c.jpgPink Milli by J.L Photography, on Flickr

15555436404_27ff736f64_c.jpgWWC Pink Milli 1-2-15 by J.L Photography, on Flickr

• Like 6
SouthFlorida_Tron

Damn,that's a hell of a color change !!! How long was the time between pics ?

1 month. I think what really triggered the change was lowering the lights from 10" to 9". they're sitting at 8.5" at the moment.

• Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

Getting annoyed. still finding blotches of bubble algae... in the weirdest of crevices... i don't know what to do anymore...

any ideas?

SouthFlorida_Tron

Come on Ben, you and I both know those are way too oversized for my tank.

I'm looking to solve this in a different manner. Feed less??

jedimasterben

Most of the Siganus genus grow to 8-12", but once they reach about 2.5" it takes them a very long time to get to full adult size. My S. doliatus has grown about half an inch since this time last year.

Come on Ben, you and I both know those are way too oversized for my tank.

I'm looking to solve this in a different manner. Feed less??

There is no way those are too large for your tank. The ones above are all less than 3". Grab a ruler and see just how tiny that actually is lol.

You'll starve your corals long before the bubble algae goes away.

jedimasterben

Why not get an emerald crab? When your algae problem is gone take him back to the LFS.

Contrary to popular belief, most Mithrax crabs won't go anywhere near bubble algae.
SouthFlorida_Tron

That and the fear of total coral destruction. However, most of the tiny bubbles that pop up will be in odd places like under the return nozzle or on a wall, seldom do i see it anymore on rocks...

Contrary to popular belief, most Mithrax crabs won't go anywhere near bubble algae.

Hmm, odd. I had one and it was all over the bubble algae, I got rid of it when it developed a taste for utter chaos polyps though. It was a $5 crab that cost me $70. :(

I suppose another option would be peroxide dips or dosing though.