Pod Your Reef

SouthReef -- Bye bye Red Planet!

SouthFlorida_Tron

SouthFlorida_Tron

Can anyone pitch in on wtf is going on with my RODI? this noise happens when i either make di or my ro tank needs to top off....

jedimasterben

Can anyone pitch in on wtf is going on with my RODI? this noise happens when i either make di or my ro tank needs to top off....

Air is trying to escape from somewhere, maybe some seal somewhere isn't, well, sealed properly. lol

SouthFlorida_Tron

19001308008_97a207e4b1_c.jpgFTS June 2015 by Jon Llama, on Flickr

19162733096_325fc35e22_c.jpgFrogspawn by Jon Llama, on Flickr

So did scraping flesh ever help with branching or no ? I see there a boat load now lol.

I suppose, but if you look close, it just grew into a blob or cluster that just bulged out from the wall, it didn't really branch! It is branching randomly on the outer edges though... weirdest growth ever!

• Like 4

That frogspawn gets me every time, it's just so round and awesome!. One of the largest specimens I have seen in an aquarium. How many heads do you think it is at now.

SouthFlorida_Tron

That frogspawn gets me every time, it's just so round and awesome!. One of the largest specimens I have seen in an aquarium. How many heads do you think it is at now.

Well, I'm not sure how many but in the upper 30s to 40s for sure! The branches are always splitting.

It's tremendously top heavy... Tips over from time to time...

From a nubbins to a pizza, it's gotta start growing branches soon like Dave said.

I hope so guys!

The color on it is incredible.

• Like 3

Well, I'm not sure how many but in the upper 30s to 40s for sure! The branches are always splitting.

It's tremendously top heavy... Tips over from time to time...

Wow, really is a big guy. Oh I can imagine it would be quite top heavy, especially during water changes etc. where it might be out of water slightly.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Wow, really is a big guy. Oh I can imagine it would be quite top heavy, especially during water changes etc. where it might be out of water slightly.

Wish another particular coral would explode as easily as this guy does.... cough ... red planet cough

• Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

A quick video I made of my crazy 3 year old clown that is getting very comfortable with my feedings... soon ill have to try hand feeding!

Digging the tank SFT!

Thank you! Looking forward to your second take!

Hey how are you liking the reefbrightes

Loving them, they're super bright... I was running them 12 hour, before and after the T5... but cut it back to be an in-between lighting...

• Like 2
SouthFlorida_Tron

are you running 2 or 1?

im thinking of getting one

I put one in the front of my ati. It really pops the entire room... I'd suggest try one and see if you need to add from there.

Spiderguardnano

I put one in the front of my ati. It really pops the entire room... I'd suggest try one and see if you need to add from there.

awesome thanks man last question you got the 24"?

• 1 month later...
SouthFlorida_Tron

Hah, in complete lazy fashion i just rearranged the rocks underneath and just rested them so they sort of just sit there together lol....

I can't be bothered with this tank anymore.... <_<:rolleyes::D

SouthFlorida_Tron

Its not so much losing interest, its more that I'm so busy with life problems..... family, daughter, cooking, work, etc..... and the last thing i want to do is take time to pay attention to this thing only to 4 days later spot ANOTHER bloom of bubble algae behind the rocks, or still can't figure out the inexplicable rise of salinity that happens weekly...

Still happy with the tank, just wish it was more self automated... if i didn't have to do water changes it would be easier!!!!

• Like 1

Its not so much losing interest, its more that I'm so busy with life problems..... family, daughter, cooking, work, etc..... and the last thing i want to do is take time to pay attention to this thing only to 4 days later spot ANOTHER bloom of bubble algae behind the rocks, or still can't figure out the inexplicable rise of salinity that happens weekly...

Still happy with the tank, just wish it was more self automated... if i didn't have to do water changes it would be easier!!!!

Dude I feel you 100% on this one. Everyone always tells me, a water change just takes one hour.. and it's like man I work all week, come home and cook and deal with my son. There's a lot of times where I just want to pay my LFS $15 a week to come to do it for me. I love the tank but a simple water change can some times feel like a huge task with every day life. After 2 hours of mowing the yard and shit the last thing I want to do is drag a heavy ass bucket of water around.

• Like 1