Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

SouthReef -- Bye bye Red Planet!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Cameron6796

Really. Mine has been flawless. It is certainly my favourite iPhone just wish that I had the gold one. And that the gold one came with a black front since I find

That much sleeker.

I'm pretty sure mine did crash a few times but the amount it happened when I had my older iPhone was horrible.

• 3 weeks later...
SouthFlorida_Tron

Is that a Midas blenny? Very nice set up and love that color with the combination of T5 and LED.

Cheers,

Alex

It sure is. and thanks for the compliment... I'm waiting to add a second one!

• Like 1

got my 6 a few months ago so far it's my favour phone ever.

Any tips for taking tank pics with it. The resolution always seems low to me.

Tron are you feeding the froggy? If so, what does that beat chow down?

SouthFlorida_Tron

Do I see branches poking out of the Red Planet :o

Its trying!!! I just switched back to Reef Crystals from Red Sea Blue Bucket... Was having serious issues with the equilibrium of the parameters... something with the balance of the chemicals and causing them to raise salinity pretty severely every 5 days...

Hoping now i can get my params up to standard and who knows, maybe even finally rid this bubble algae as i still pluck 4-5 bubbles every week!

• 2 weeks later...
SouthFlorida_Tron

Some of the better pics from our Disney trip over the weekend :)

17129047565_b8a826dc59_c.jpgUntitled by J.L Photography, on Flickr

16921658897_9b2d7c180b_c.jpgUntitled by J.L Photography, on Flickr

Elsa!

17103114076_f1bc0a1ae3_c.jpgUntitled by J.L Photography, on Flickr

The main reef tank at the Nemo & friends aquariums exhibit... and they had some cleaner shrimp the size of my frogspawn lol

16941540190_6f6d9287b3_c.jpgUntitled by J.L Photography, on Flickr

17129042375_c15ff3e408_c.jpgUntitled by J.L Photography, on Flickr

Driving home :(

17128419451_ce2ee0bff9_c.jpgUntitled by J.L Photography, on Flickr

• Like 7
SouthFlorida_Tron

Looks like it was a blast. Love me some Disney. Typhoon lagoon wave pool!

It's getting so hot that next time we are for sure going there...

don't tell me you were in Orlando this weekend and you didn't go to reefapalooza....

Macna was enough fun and I spent enough money. My cousin went. Said he spent around 300!
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
SouthFlorida_Tron

A constant takeover in my fuge no matter how many times i remove... starting to suspect isolated Cyano... luckily not in the display...

Either way, trying out some Chemi-Clean, although I don't see any affect 15 hours into the 48 hour period...

18919469616_04d30698b8_z.jpgAlgae by Jon Llama, on Flickr

• Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

He's alive! How's the tank? :lol:

Same ole.... been rather blah about the husbandry lately... just the weekly changes...feedings every now and again... the bubble algae is making my hair go even more grey than it is already turning... I'm losing more and more interest in wanting a beautiful tank with the issues of bubble algae and the even stranger notion of my constant salinity rises.... ill do a change on sunday and by thursday the salinity goes from 1.025 to 1.026.... by sunday again 1.027... can't describe the frustration... I've changed salts and everything... whats even weirder is my alk ca and mg are all steady... so ya, at least all of the coral and fish are alive

I believe that you can do two Chemi-Clean doses before a water change- what do the instructions say?

Hi there, I'm playing it slow at the moment, seeing if it does anything at all... says to add an air stone and run the skimmer, remove carbon, and dissolve 2 scoops (for my volume) in one cup of water and add back to the tank.... another 36 hours to go...

Same ole.... been rather blah about the husbandry lately... just the weekly changes...feedings every now and again... the bubble algae is making my hair go even more grey than it is already turning... I'm losing more and more interest in wanting a beautiful tank with the issues of bubble algae and the even stranger notion of my constant salinity rises.... ill do a change on sunday and by thursday the salinity goes from 1.025 to 1.026.... by sunday again 1.027... can't describe the frustration... I've changed salts and everything... whats even weirder is my alk ca and mg are all steady... so ya, at least all of the coral and fish are alive

Very weird. Is it not potentially your refractometer that's being weird? I have bubble algae as well, I just don't look it in the eye and it doesn't bother me. :lol: How's the Red Planet? Sprouting awesomeness yet?

SouthFlorida_Tron

Very weird. Is it not potentially your refractometer that's being weird? I have bubble algae as well, I just don't look it in the eye and it doesn't bother me. :lol: How's the Red Planet? Sprouting awesomeness yet?

Def not the refractometer! Bubble algae is stubborn and annoying...

Red planet is doing well. Still entrusting outwards with a few nubs here and there...I'll get some pics soon.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Finally did the massive cleaning the tank needed, removed all sponges and put new ones, sucked out all the detritus i could from the sump, and scraped walls, and most of all, removed the fuge basket with this crud which now sits in vinegar!

Yuck!

With/Without Flash

18841575480_cebe775932_z.jpgUntitled by Jon Llama, on Flickr

18408629583_32202b4983_z.jpgUntitled by Jon Llama, on Flickr

19029298565_5389c49aed_z.jpgUntitled by Jon Llama, on Flickr

• Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

Cotton candy algae. Good export happening

As you can see, it was very aggressive in my sump, started growing in patches on walls cables and sponge!

Can you tell me about mangroves??