Top Shelf Aquatics

SouthReef -- Bye bye Red Planet!

SouthFlorida_Tron

I'd say that's pretty damn good. Did you happen to take any without the ReefBrite's on and only the B+ and then not C+ ? Regardless id say that's pretty good. I need to switch to ATI ballasts lol.

jedimasterben

Before you send back the meter you can take a reading with and without the Reefbrite so you'll know how much that one adds, the new one will add about the same.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Before you send back the meter you can take a reading with and without the Reefbrite so you'll know how much that one adds, the new one will add about the same.

But I already sealed it in a bag and wrapped it up in bubble and packed it away.... Im for sure way too lazy to all that....!

• 2 weeks later...
SouthFlorida_Tron

Stubborn Bubble Algae growth behind rocks, in crevices, sand.........

Random salinity elevations......

Im ready to pull the plug on this bitch!

omgomgomg

Stubborn Bubble Algae growth behind rocks, in crevices, sand.........

Random salinity elevations......

Im ready to pull the plug on this bitch!

omgomgomg

DONT DO IT!(but if you do, I got dibs on the frogspawn :lol: )

Are you sure about the salinity elevations? I have found that I really need to clean my refractometer with RODI every time or I will get different readings.

SouthFlorida_Tron

I'll stop by the store... See what rubble they have lying around

What the next step?????

What is the new tank???

Lol, no new tank...
SouthFlorida_Tron

Guys so I definitely have some salinity issues going on... on Sundays when i do my changes, Ill set it at 1.025... by the following saturday or sunday, it will creep to 1.026 or so... what could cause this?

Have you checked your ATO ? Maybe it's not fully keeping up with evap ? 1.026 isn't bad. If it's constant it well result in some better coloration. I believe Christine keeps her salinity at 1.026.

SouthFlorida_Tron

How long do you wait to test after you mix it ?

It's not the water change. It's the actual tank water that elevates throughout the week. Having said that the water change batch sits at least 1 hour before
SouthFlorida_Tron

Only things added are esv 2 part plus esv mag.

Maybe this helps explain... Weekly, the the alk and mg drops, I bump the doser.... At the end of the week, I find the salinity rises a tad...

• Like 1
Polarcollision

dosing will elevate the salinity--at least that's my experience.

Edit: Randy Holmes Farley has a dosing recipe that keeps ions in balance, which will help keep salinity balanced. I switched to that from ESV 2-part and find the tank is finally doing 100x better.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Something in my dosing is off, as parameters and dosages keep changing, and the salinity is not stable... I use the three esv products...

Cameron6796

Mmmmm iPhone 6 Plus. Must take more pics.... Just got it two days ago

got my 6 a few months ago so far it's my favour phone ever.
SouthFlorida_Tron

got my 6 a few months ago so far it's my favour phone ever.

It's so fast. but so far, messages app keeps freezing. I have to close it then restart it...