Pod Your Reef

SouthReef -- Bye bye Red Planet!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Im no expert at ro/di.from what I have read spectrapure has some of the best on the market. Still learning so I don't want to be giving out bad info.

jedimasterben

The carbon block should never change color. The sediment filter may depending on your source water's TSS and iron content. The sediment block is there to protect the carbon block, which is there to protect the RO membrane, which is there to protect the DI resin. :)

Uhh,^^ got me worried now. Di cartridge changing color, bad??? Oops sorry for being confused and confusing

BRS sells DI color changing resin

jedimasterben

Should rely on TDS reading, not the change in color from the DI resin. In addition, the dye that is used to make that color change reduces the usable lifespan of the DI resin by 15-25%.

Love this thread. I got my cadlight 34 a few months ago and being new to the hobby have discovered there is a lot to learn. I purchased a tunze 9002 which appears to be a mistake so am looking at the cad lights 50 skimmer. I have 2 questions:

1. Is your skimmer in the chamber next to the overflow or the one next to that?

2. Do you still have the sponges in the overflow with the floss on top and is the floss is a basket?

Appreciate any help you can give

• Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

Love this thread. I got my cadlight 34 a few months ago and being new to the hobby have discovered there is a lot to learn. I purchased a tunze 9002 which appears to be a mistake so am looking at the cad lights 50 skimmer. I have 2 questions:1. Is your skimmer in the chamber next to the overflow or the one next to that?2. Do you still have the sponges in the overflow with the floss on top and is the floss is a basket?Appreciate any help you can give

Hey there, the cad 34 is designed in conjunction with skimmer as to provide efficiency and appearance. The skimmer bracket rests on the second glass baffle in the middle, which allows it to sit inside the sump area instead above the tank being visible.

II use one blue sponge where the water overflows with floss on top to catch large particulates. And I cut another in half and have it just before the return baffle since I have a chaeto basket, don't want that getting to my display!

12723107545_b29b36e3a4_c.jpg

Untitled by J.L Photography, on Flickr

12723117135_b3e7f64da6_c.jpg

Untitled by J.L Photography, on Flickr

• Like 2
SouthFlorida_Tron

It doesn't change the level, it unbalances the drain plate sitting flush... Hence it throws off the skimmer, I don't really have it tightened, just more to prevent it coming loose, if that makes sense...

• Like 1

Hey there, the cad 34 is designed in conjunction with skimmer as to provide efficiency and appearance. The skimmer bracket rests on the second glass baffle in the middle, which allows it to sit inside the sump area instead above the tank being visible.

II use one blue sponge where the water overflows with floss on top to catch large particulates. And I cut another in half and have it just before the return baffle since I have a chaeto basket, don't want that getting to my display!12723107545_b29b36e3a4_c.jpgUntitled by J.L Photography, on Flickr12723117135_b3e7f64da6_c.jpgUntitled by J.L Photography, on Flickr

Thanks Tron, much appreciated

SouthFlorida_Tron

This is depressing. Poor bron

Really feels like he's back in Cleveland.

2014-2015, Stronger, younger, hungrier, we will be back!

No way lebron stays unless Melo and a few more go to Miami.

good thing hes down there. we never want him back
Lol tell that to Cleveland's economy before he came and after he left
  • Like 1

No way lebron stays unless Melo and a few more go to Miami.

Lol tell that to Cleveland's economy before he came and after he left

its 50/50 yeah know. most people say are happy with him gone now but there is no doubt they miss the money too. wish we had a decent sports program here. we've been farm teams for far to long

For all the haters, its going to keep happening for the next few weeks! Get ready!!!

140520-wadedunk.gif

Dang!

2014-2015, Stronger, younger, hungrier, we will be back!

So will this guy:

kawhi-leonards-girlfriend-the-fan-minfes

Strait outta Compton!

SouthFlorida_Tron

hey, congrats to the spurs and their REAL fans, not all the heat haters that are like gangbusters all of a sudden...

Im getting crap from people that I've never ever seen watch one minute of basketball!

next year, we shall see!

• Like 1

hey, congrats to the spurs and their REAL fans, not all the heat haters that are like gangbusters all of a sudden...

Im getting crap from people that I've never ever seen watch one minute of basketball!

next year, we shall see!

Agreed, I like the heat except for a few players, I've always like my four teams: Warriors (Local), Lakers (Dad), Spurs (Dad), and up until Steve Nash left the Suns.

I want to see the Pacers do something, their slower offense is their big downfall IMO.

I also agree with Brad, based off what Popovich has done in the past, Kawhi will likely stay with the Spurs for a long time.

I'm not a heat fan, or a spurs fan, but I kinda expected this to happen. The spurs really are synced team. They execute the game with amazing ease. When you have key players that have been together so long, it just works! Wade and Bosch both have a record of subpar performances in the finals. Bron Bron can't do it solo. I will say this. The spurs played 4 amazing games of basketball. If your a true basketball fan you gotta admit that.

I think it's time for the heat to sit down and figure it out. Trade Wade and Bosch for Melo. Lebron would do better with 1 other great player than 2 players who are not consistent. That would be a awesome team. Those 2 guys would kill.

• Like 1

That is true. I think deep down he misses the Cavs. His heart will always be in Cleveland. Now that he has a couple rings, anything is a possibility. I could def see him going back to finish his career in Cleveland.