inTank Media Baskets

SouthReef -- Bye bye Red Planet!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Miguel Burguete

Just one more question.. Is your stand from IKEA?

I was thinking about moving my to the living room and wanted a stand bigger than the tank but also cheap.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Just one more question.. Is your stand from IKEA? I was thinking about moving my to the living room and wanted a stand bigger than the tank but also cheap.

You know it! before we had fish tanks, my wife wanted something to fill the room, so she got this bookshelf and then I took it over lol

• Like 2
SouthFlorida_Tron
TheKleinReef

tron! my red planet is turning green! :P it was brown before but now it has this awesome green undertone with pink corralites. It's getting there... :D

just thought i'd pop in and let yah know.

tank looks stunning as always btw.

• Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

tron! my red planet is turning green! :P it was brown before but now it has this awesome green undertone with pink corralites. It's getting there... :D

just thought i'd pop in and let yah know.

tank looks stunning as always btw.

What! No way, awesome... Have you done anything in particular to color it up? I'm so jealous...

So good!

So thank you!

Damn it's looking good in there!

Borrowed a buddies 60D... will try to get some more shots before it goes away!

Lookin good today...

Miami Vice

14473749522_d9905cf8f6_c.jpgMiami Vice by J.L Photography, on Flickr

The Acans :ninja:

14288552650_c29391866f_c.jpgAcans by J.L Photography, on Flickr

14296996800_3c5f252b13_c.jpgAcans by J.L Photography, on Flickr

The first stand near the door at the frag swap had awesome acans for super cheap! Towards the end the acans were like $10 lol. I walked out with a few acans Some nice yellow/orange with purple rims, and some pinks to add to my acan garden too bad i dont have a nice camera to take pics of them, also got some zoas, and those picasso clowns that they gave away!

SouthFlorida_Tron

The first stand near the door at the frag swap had awesome acans for super cheap! Towards the end the acans were like $10 lol. I walked out with a few acans Some nice yellow/orange with purple rims, and some pinks to add to my acan garden too bad i dont have a nice camera to take pics of them, also got some zoas, and those picasso clowns that they gave away!

You won the clowns? how awesome....

Cool!

that wrasse doe !!! such a good looking fish mane,kudos on the awesome shots !!!

Thanks! And ill give Christine (aka NanoTopia) the credit on the wrasse recommendation...

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

What! No way, awesome... Have you done anything in particular to color it up? !

Not really. It's still mostly a fair green right now with only a small amount of pink showing through. It is sitting in the top 3" of my tank though. About 12" away from the lights.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Not really. It's still mostly a fair green right now with only a small amount of pink showing through. It is sitting in the top 3" of my tank though. About 12" away from the lights.

Thats more than I can report, mine has remained the exact same, with some pinkish coloration showing but not increasing, and the only growth is the outwards or upwards encrusting... no branching or color improvement...

Jealous of the red planet mine kicked the bucket. I'm lovin the single polyp acan.

I got so lucky with that one, its my favorite too... All the Acans were under LEDs so when I got home to my T5s and saw the colors, i was like OHHHH SNAPPPP!

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

Thats more than I can report, mine has remained the exact same, with some pinkish coloration showing but not increasing, and the only growth is the outwards or upwards encrusting... no branching or color improvement..

I don't think so. I still have 1/4" frag that hasn't grown at all, it's just coloring up.. but i'm about to mount it in the tank, so we'll see how it fairs when it's 24" from lights....

SouthFlorida_Tron

It's funny how different things look from t5's to led, or vice versa.

Acans especially... They turn puke orange or brown under LEDs (in most cases) I've seen in south florida...

I don't think so. I still have 1/4" frag that hasn't grown at all, it's just coloring up.. but i'm about to mount it in the tank, so we'll see how it fairs when it's 24" from lights....

Interesting... And thats the other thing, mine is literally like 10-11" under the T5s... still stubborn...

Polarcollision

Thanks J.

Changing some water and caught a nice angle on the tips of the Valida, and the 2nd is obviously a shaky coffee hand picture

14189149350_2a03ef26c5_c.jpgValida Tips by J.L Photography, on Flickr

14352622996_d1e82339d8_c.jpgValida by J.L Photography, on Flickr

Wild growth pattern. Kinda reminds me of medusa all snaking around.

Thats more than I can report, mine has remained the exact same, with some pinkish coloration showing but not increasing, and the only growth is the outwards or upwards encrusting... no branching or color improvement...

Maybe check your iodine levels. When mine fall low green SPS color suffers. I also recently dosed acropower for the first time ever. Noticeable color improvement in one day.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Wild growth pattern. Kinda reminds me of medusa all snaking around.

Maybe check your iodine levels. When mine fall low green SPS color suffers. I also recently dosed acropower for the first time ever. Noticeable color improvement in one day.

Its not that it lost color, its just always vibrant green, and keeps encrusting, and refuses to grow outwards, for now.... and the pink is stubborn to come through as well...

Polarcollision

Its not that it lost color, its just always vibrant green, and keeps encrusting, and refuses to grow outwards, for now.... and the pink is stubborn to come through as well...

Oh, I thought you had the pink and no green. In that case it looks like the element that might be low is potassium (not potassium iodide)

SouthFlorida_Tron

Oh, I thought you had the pink and no green. In that case it looks like the element that might be low is potassium (not potassium iodide)

Meh, k is at 400.
SouthFlorida_Tron

Ive been re-inspired to rejoin a long lost hobby, and have some toys coming :)

Ill leave the teaser at that for now

:ninja: