ReefCleaners.org

SouthReef -- Bye bye Red Planet!

SouthFlorida_Tron

You won the clowns? how awesome....

Cool!

Thanks! And ill give Christine (aka NanoTopia) the credit on the wrasse recommendation...

Makes me miss my Lubbocks :(

SouthFlorida_Tron

Reminds me of my helis, they are being used as bookends now

what kind of camera did you get?

LMAO............

Makes me miss my Lubbocks :(

:flower:

• Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

I'm on my way to work now but tomorrow hopefully. Most of the settings were a snap but the autofocus system and focus point selection is tricky. I'll have to read up on it.

Thank God for credit cards :)

• Like 2
TheKleinReef

I'm on my way to work now but tomorrow hopefully. Most of the settings were a snap but the autofocus system and focus point selection is tricky. I'll have to read up on it.

Thank God for credit cards :)

i'm right there with you on the focus point selection.... sometimes i think this d610 is outta my league.. i'm learning more and more by the day though!

SouthFlorida_Tron

i'm right there with you on the focus point selection.... sometimes i think this d610 is outta my league.. i'm learning more and more by the day though!

Naaa... Lol

• Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

Also forgot to mention Im coming from Canon interface.... and I only played with my cousin's d5200 for like an hour... but was tiny, felt like a toy in my hands, but the interface for some reason felt easier to pick up on than this!

So where are the pics? :)

Today!

TheKleinReef

manual focus has become my best friend for macro shots.

i was tinkering with things and i now have a focus box dead center where as before i didn't, i can't figure out what i changed though. haha #noobinghard

• Like 2
SouthFlorida_Tron

manual focus has become my best friend for macro shots.

i was tinkering with things and i now have a focus box dead center where as before i didn't, i can't figure out what i changed though. haha #noobinghard

Im currently reading the manual which has an entire section on the AF system, the different modes, and how to use single points... because the d7100 has an in camera focus motor, and if I set to manual to use single focus points, I lose the AF on the lens, so I'm trying to figure out why lol...

You can see in this picture the focus is not on the mouth, but more towards the eye, still a decent shot but damn... wish I could figure this out, its frustrating!

https://flic.kr/p/oc53Bs'>14565119584_0788a20671_c.jpghttps://flic.kr/p/oc53Bs'>Mandarin by https://www.flickr.com/people//'>J.L Photography, on Flickr

• Like 5
SouthFlorida_Tron

Well, that didn't take long... I now fully understand the proper ways to change autofocus system and points on this new camera :)

A quick test, which if i remember correctly, either Gena or Kat will appreciate this one :)

https://flic.kr/p/oadyhs'>14544147306_a1f0f67676_c.jpghttps://flic.kr/p/oadyhs'>IWC Schaffhausen by https://www.flickr.com/people//'>J.L Photography, on Flickr

• Like 7

New camera is a machine, the shots look great. I agree, manual focus is your friend, I don't shoot with anything but. My camera's auto isn't quick enough for active fish though.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Nice shots, Tron! You have reminded me how much I need to get a macro lens...

Thanks, day one, not bad... like riding a bike, but different interface so its hard to get used to... Funny you mention that as I have a macro lens but am needing a wide angle! Wish I got one when I ordered it... but luck fell my way... Picked up a 35mm f/1.8 from a fellow NR member :ninja:

New camera is a machine, the shots look great. I agree, manual focus is your friend, I don't shoot with anything but. My camera's auto isn't quick enough for active fish though.

Machine is an understatement... So far the beast 51 point auto focus system in gnarly... the most intuitive Ive ever seen... Puts Canon's autofocus to shame... the tracking even helps predict fish movements... Im learning to fine tweak it just enough to make the shots that much better... looking forward to get more posted... I am still shooting handheld, so the auto seems to be yielding better results than manual...

• Like 3
SouthFlorida_Tron

We wanna see moooooore pictures :furious:

if you were anywhere near as excited as i was when you got your camera i know you have hundreds of random pics already. :P

The pics will pour in soon... Busy weekend though...

• Like 3

Tron - I have been considering upgrading to the 34G MiniII and had a couple of questions for you.

1) I currently am using a NanoBox Mini Tide. If I make the switch to the 34G Mini, I am planning on switching to T5s. I have been really wanting to do a hybrid lately to get the best of both worlds, but probably would not have the money to invest in the LED portion of it right away. Therefore, I would probably just try to find a used ATI non-dimmable, 4x24W. I am asking you this as you have already made a similar transition - do you think it would be a bad move to go from a fully controllable LED unit to a on/off T5 unit? Do you thnk it would have any negative effects on my live stock?

2) The stand I currently have is 15.5" deep. Is this tank exactly 16" deep? If so, do you think I would have any problems with the stand being .5" less in depth?