Coral Vue Hydros

SouthReef -- Bye bye Red Planet!

SouthFlorida_Tron

SouthFlorida_Tron

Well the first photo is like 9 or 10" the second is 8" but yes, Now I see what all the fuss is about on the 3 Blue 1 purple...

• Like 2
SouthFlorida_Tron

I'm looking forward to how the tank will respond with the increased intensity and new spectrum.

• Like 1

A second or two can make a big difference in exposure...I'm quite surprised though the first was shot with a longer shutter. Now I really want to swap out one of my Coral Plus for a Purple Plus, your tank is looking great!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Well, depends if you are on 4 or 6 bulb... Ive tried 2 Blue 1Purple 1 Coral // 2 Blue 2 Coral // 3 Blue 1 Coral // now 3 Blue 1 Purple...

the 2 blue, purple, coral is a pink colored tone 10-12k

2 blue 2 coral is an icy white 12k

3 blue 1 coral is an icy blue 18k

3 blue 1 purple is an icy blue 18k but man something about it is just different than the above.... i like it better...

Ive read in 6 bulbs 4 Blue+ 1 Purple+ 1 Coral+ is a popular choice...

• Like 4
TheKleinReef

it may be popular, but i was not a fan of it.

i'm really liking 3 blue+ 1 coral+ 1 purple+ 1 ATI actinic

SouthFlorida_Tron

Nice, with the luxury of the extra 2 bulbs, you can afford the drop in PAR from adding the actinic... I cannot!

Im still awaiting this guy to show some signs...

https://flic.kr/p/newaMQ'>13936492870_1fc49c742b_c.jpghttps://flic.kr/p/newaMQ'>Red Planet by https://www.flickr.com/people/66620096@N02/'>J.L Photography, on Flickr

https://flic.kr/p/nevZ4V'>13936456799_c2b431fce5_c.jpghttps://flic.kr/p/nevZ4V'>Red Planet by https://www.flickr.com/people/66620096@N02/'>J.L Photography, on Flickr

• Like 4

Well, depends if you are on 4 or 6 bulb... Ive tried 2 Blue 1Purple 1 Coral // 2 Blue 2 Coral // 3 Blue 1 Coral // now 3 Blue 1 Purple...

the 2 blue, purple, coral is a pink colored tone 10-12k

2 blue 2 coral is an icy white 12k

3 blue 1 coral is an icy blue 18k

3 blue 1 purple is an icy blue 18k but man something about it is just different than the above.... i like it better...

I've only got 2 bulbs to play with on my T5/LED hybrid but my 4x 12W RB LEDs should be comparable to a couple Blue T5s. I think I'm in the "icy white" range right now. I've got an ATI Blue I could throw on there for testing but still on the hunt for a ATI Purple to try out.

SouthFlorida_Tron

you sure that's not a green planet :P:D

encrusting like mad! i can't wait for mine to grow like that!

That's all its done, is encrusts. The branch hasn't changed...

I've only got 2 bulbs to play with on my T5/LED hybrid but my 4x 12W RB LEDs should be comparable to a couple Blue T5s. I think I'm in the "icy white" range right now. I've got an ATI Blue I could throw on there for testing but still on the hunt for a ATI Purple to try out.

One blue+ one purple+?

Also, I found the KZ super blue to be much less green and more of a true blue than Ati's.

I don't think I have seen this thread before. Was definitely struck by the three massive colonies you have dominating the tank - it looks awesome!

Thanks, that's a result of being patient and not adding hundreds of dollars of corals all together then watching them rtn, granted I've had my share of death and challenges...

Next... For all the Zoas below to fill in underneath... Almost there!

• Like 1

One blue+ one purple+?

Also, I found the KZ super blue to be much less green and more of a true blue than Ati's.

Ooh never thought about that combo, I think that might be a bit TOO blue though but if I get my hands on a P+ I'm definitely trying a B+ with it as well. Cool thing about the LEDs is I can fine tune my color by bringing in more/less RB/CW..thanks for the info on the KZ, have you tried the KZ Fiji Purple? On paper it's virtually identical to the P+ but I'm guessing it probably has slight differences like the blues.

SouthFlorida_Tron

damn, amazing tank, i wish my acro looked that good, haha, love that frogspawn too

Thanks tetra! both some of the first that went in the original reef 3 or so years ago...

Tron do you happen to live in Naples?

Sorry Brady, Im in south florida... are you near Orlando? World Wide Coral.... WWC is in Orlando :)

SouthFlorida_Tron

That's a good looking digi Tron !!!

The display at the store, albeit well kept, is only lit by 4 kessil 350w... so the corals are a bit light deprived... its a touch brown at the moment, hopefully after several weeks under the T5 and some Zeovit love, it will add a beautiful orange pop between the crevices in my tank :) still not sure where to place it....

Reefkid88

Oh dang,yeah I'd say it was lackin some good light. It'll probably grow like a weed in your tank. I'm in love with you RP that thing is sick man.

Have you thought about maybe getting a smaller sized shelve style rock and putting it on the back wall ? Have like a floating SPS thingamajig lol. Or maybe gluing it to the glass on the opposite wall to the pump ?

SouthFlorida_Tron

Well, there is no space over there, thats what I did with the red planet, its floating on the wall just between the stylo and return, above the forgspawn...

Wish it would turn red though!

Nanofreak79

Some nice picks. Tank is looking great and the digitata will be a nice addition. I also love the 3 blue+ and purple combo.you get great growth and color.