Innovative Marine Aquariums

Hypes Edgeless Ridge Islet-Complete

Rehype

A halide bulb is far larger than a single LED diode, so that's a moot point ;)

And just think - the Luxeon Z LED is about 1/4 the size of the LEDs used in Dave's pucks with about 60-80% of the output. You can make an array so small that unless you're looking right at them it would be impossible to see any banding.

The banding on high end LED's are no longer an issue what im referring to is the nature of the shimmer they produce and how its quality is different to that of halides. Again i know its not a huge difference but it is noticeable at least to my eyes

This is just so unfair.

nice...

OH LAWD !!! Should have came with a NSFW tag

Thanks alot guys glad you like it

acan under this combo

14687986412_53eba4044a_c.jpg

• Like 14
defender.TX

On the one hand this thread makes me want to try harder but on the other it makes me want to give up. Thanks for both I guess? :P

Amazing!

Also, when do we get a new FTS under the new lights?!

• Like 2

On the one hand this thread makes me want to try harder but on the other it makes me want to give up. Thanks for both I guess? :P

Amazing!

Also, when do we get a new FTS under the new lights?!

Are you kidding your tank looks great?!

Thanks man...this tank still has a long way to go im just glad I finally secured all the hardware. Now I have to start working on coral

Soon :)

filthy photo...

:D Glad you like it tron

Hey DC long time no talk hows the tank? Yea im really psyched that everythings finally working. Ive always wanted a fixture like this. I love being able to have the best of all my favorite lighting. Shimmer and natural look of a 10k halide, the controllability and the intense florescence provided by blue LEDS and the even lighting and flexibility of T5's.

B):D

:D

Yah right? Our daughter came early and gave us a scare for a bit but all is well now and she's home. So been kinda busy but in a good way. I just received a custom tank from Chris @ Pico and combining the two at home. Transfer went well and we're all good to go!

You should be psyched! That fixture tuned in is probably perfection especially with the soft shimmer and depth that halides provide, not to mention the color punch from the t5s. I've found that acans get extra fat and amazing colors from them like no other. Those leds from Dave will give that perfect touch I am sure! Bravo buddy on taking it up a notch. Can't wait to watch this mature. BTW you are not allowed to take this setup down for at least 2 yrs ;) wouldn't be fair!

Yah right? Our daughter came early and gave us a scare for a bit but all is well now and she's home. So been kinda busy but in a good way. I just received a custom tank from Chris @ Pico and combining the two at home. Transfer went well and we're all good to go!

You should be psyched! That fixture tuned in is probably perfection especially with the soft shimmer and depth that halides provide, not to mention the color punch from the t5s. I've found that acans get extra fat and amazing colors from them like no other. Those leds from Dave will give that perfect touch I am sure! Bravo buddy on taking it up a notch. Can't wait to watch this mature. BTW you are not allowed to take this setup down for at least 2 yrs ;) wouldn't be fair!

Congratulations bud really glad she's ok. Just had a son myself so I totally understand.

Yea I'm really stoked with how it came out it took a while but it was totally worth the wait. It's great to finally have all my favorite reef lighting in one fixture . I'm going to try it keep running for as long as possible :)

• Like 1

That is quite the lighting system, alright. Got to be happy with all that :)

And that last Acan pic is a beaut!

Thanks alot nano :happy:

That acan picture!! That's like the eye of Sauron or whatever he was called. Wow, look at the detail, these animals are fascinating when you see close ups like that.

Your light is just perfect. Just perfect.

How do you run the different lights, as in on/off times for all 3 kinds?

And also which T5 bulbs are those?

One more Q :flower:

What settings are you running on the LEDs. I'm assuming you have the storm controller?

Thanks E.

Less talk, more pics... come on now, hype! I am due for a good FTS from you.

:D I know im just about due im supposed to be picking up a good amount of frags next month fingerscrossed

That acan picture!! That's like the eye of Sauron or whatever he was called. Wow, look at the detail, these animals are fascinating when you see close ups like that.

Your light is just perfect. Just perfect.

How do you run the different lights, as in on/off times for all 3 kinds?

And also which T5 bulbs are those?

One more Q :flower:

What settings are you running on the LEDs. I'm assuming you have the storm controller?

Thanks E.

Thanks kat it does remind of the eye of sauron now you mentioned it! :lol: (huge lotr fan BTW)

Thanks again Im really happy to finally have this combo

T5/LEDS run pretty much all day with a blast of halide from 2-4

ATI purple and blue+

Since the LEDS are new im running them really low right now they're at 20% and yes im using the storm controller :flower:

• Like 3
Amphiprion1

Whoops my bad typo

No worries dave...thanks for taking on the challenge and helping resolve issues.

combo_1-2_zps7282ee4d.jpg

ledmod-2_zpse77c437a.jpg

:lol: Your right its definitely alot of light but i have everything dialed back considerably

FTS or it never happened :D

• Like 1