Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Hypes Edgeless Ridge Islet-Complete

Rehype

Wow, the colors in that dwarf lion! Amazing!

I Totally agree! I was blown away at the amount of detail....very beautiful animals

My dwarf lionfish was mainly nocturnal too, I gradually started feeding him earlier and earlier and eventually after like two months he was out and about during the day. Getting him to eat frozen was another story though. If I feed him frozen he would swallow it immediately, then realize it was not a fresh ghost shrimp, and swim to the surface and spit it out at me! They have some great personalities.

The funny thing is the dwarf is active both day and night while the fumanchu is only active at night. I believe the fuzzy was habituated to aquarium lighting while at my LFS.So im hoping in time i can coax him to come out during the day. They do have really awesome personalities. Im glad my dwarf is sticking with frozen for now

What LFS is it? Mine (Aquarium Center in Clementon, NJ) is good for the basics but never has much other than Fuzzies and Vollies. When I stopped in and got my Klein's, there was only 1 vollie & 1 dead fuzzy :( . They did have a ton of Butterflyfish though in addition to my Klein's - pyramids, auriga, pearlscale, etc. More than I've seen them have ever.

Oh ya, that little dude still doing good for you? Need to talk to you about getting him. ;)

Hahaha Fuzzy got showed up. Glad to hear there were no big problems. Fuzzy was probably trying to show him it was his tank lol. That's awesome that they are buddy buddy now. Any problems feeding it with the fuzzy hovering about?

Just stick with it, Fu's can be harder to wean but most cave eventually. Plus if the fuzzy is eating all kinds of frozen noms, the Fu could get jealous and start to do it too. Lionfish see, Lionfish do.

Haha ya they do. They really just set off a tank especially when they start to grow big. Time to start rebuilding my collection. I've got a lot of real estate to fill up in that 90 :lol:

I go to Aquatic Obsessions in Avenel, NJ. Hes doing good.Im still trying to get him to take frozen consistently but other than that hes a beauty.

lol he sure did its only natural though im just glad he stood his ground or he wouldnt have been able to stay. Well since xerxes is so gluttonous he pretty much tries to take all the food so ive started to give him a little blast of water with the turkey baster whenever im trying to target feed Qianlong. Now At this point when i put it in the tank he knows to give me and Qianlong some space and ive been able to make sure he gets his fill. I totally agree with you about fish learning by example. I was able to teach a mandarin to take frozen the same way. I had another mandarin that was already trained to eat frozen in the tank and over a few weeks he started to take frozen as well. Im hoping the same will happen with the fu manchu.

Im totally jealous of all that space you have im thinking of all the lion/scorpions i could have ..

• Like 2

:wub:

Hey kat :flower:

Soooooo you guys wont believe this but I got Qianlong to take frozen tonight omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg I know you guys maybe wondering why this is a huge deal for me but these fish are notoriously difficult to wean onto frozen foods. It can take months,years or not at all and you may just have to continue feeding live foods for its entire life. But through persistence and patience and bit of a strategy i pulled it off in less than 2 weeks. Im so stoked right now....I know only other reefers can possibly understand my jubilation :happydance::happydance:

Qianlong on the prowl

15033907210_85e4fec374_c.jpg

• Like 19

hey hype. every time i see your 10-12K esque tanks i love the way they look. what's your favorite (6 bulb) t5 combo in that range? i'd like to favorite growth over color, but i don't want to sacrifice color entirely.

i noticed this tank looks relatively warm.

hey hype. every time i see your 10-12K esque tanks i love the way they look. what's your favorite (6 bulb) t5 combo in that range? i'd like to favorite growth over color, but i don't want to sacrifice color entirely.

i noticed this tank looks relatively warm.

Hey roger for a warmer look go with :

(4) ATI Blue +

(1) ATI Purple +

(1) GE6500k

This was my favorite combo with a 6 bulb fixture. I do love the look of warmer shallow tank which is why i went back to a 10k halide as nothing can quite replicate its look other than the sun.

• Like 2

Hey roger for a warmer look go with :

(4) ATI Blue +

(1) ATI Purple +

(1) GE6500k

This was my favorite combo with a 6 bulb fixture. I do love the look of warmer shallow tank which is why i went back to a 10k halide as nothing can quite replicate its look other than the sun.

i had 4 blue+ in my last combo and it was really blue. will the 2 other bulbs really off set That blue?

i had 4 blue+ in my last combo and it was really blue. will the 2 other bulbs really off set That blue?

They sure will.In my case I added (2) additional reefbrite led strips and it still wasnt too blue.

The GE 6500k is a very high output bulb that needs a ton of blue to make up for.

This.

Soooooo you guys wont believe this but I got Qianlong to take frozen tonight omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg I know you guys maybe wondering why this is a huge deal for me but these fish are notoriously difficult to wean onto frozen foods. It can take months,years or not at all and you may just have to continue feeding live foods for its entire life. But through persistence and patience and bit of a strategy i pulled it off in less than 2 weeks. Im so stoked right now....I know only other reefers can possibly understand my jubilation :happydance::happydance:

That's amazing Eugene. So it's Qianlong and Xerxes? I had a friend with the middle name Xerxes. We found it really funny when you spell Xerxes in reverse. We may have been 14 at the time however. Awesome job!

That's amazing Eugene. So it's Qianlong and Xerxes? I had a friend with the middle name Xerxes. We found it really funny when you spell Xerxes in reverse. We may have been 14 at the time however. Awesome job!

Thanks alot bud! It feels like a huge achievement.....im just really happy if all goes well ill be able to keep him long term.

sexrex :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1

Amazing you got him to eat frozen so quick. If you don't mind at some point would share how you acheived this so quickly? I went months and was never successful. Would be good to see what other do.

Amazing you got him to eat frozen so quick. If you don't mind at some point would share how you acheived this so quickly? I went months and was never successful. Would be good to see what other do.

Absolutely ill put together a quick write up of what i did step by step.

Why you no give us FTS!!! :naughtydance:

Coming up soon :)

I agree! The last tank had lots of killer fts shots

Yea i decided to go longer between fts to show more of a progression...also because im lazy <_<

Yeah,... I think... Idk I missed it apparently. But they are always so cool and natural looking and good and colourful and... Good

Thanks alot man hopefully the next update will be a worthy one

• Like 1

Absolutely ill put together a quick write up of what i did step by step.

Coming up soon :)

Yea i decided to go longer between fts to show more of a progression...also because im lazy <_<

Thanks alot man hopefully the next update will be a worthy one

As the old saying goes: 'Good things come to those who wait' :)

I like to pace the FTS's to every 3-4 months for the same reason you mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...