Innovative Marine Aquariums

Hypes Edgeless Ridge Islet-Complete

Rehype

NirvanaandTool

:lol::lol::P

I'm only half kidding.

I've toyed with the idea of a 10g RCS feeder tank for a couple years now. Just never pulled the trigger.

I'm only half kidding.

I've toyed with the idea of a 10g RCS feeder tank for a couple years now. Just never pulled the trigger.

Its a great idea especially since they breed so quickly. Nothing beats a natural sustainable food source IMO

• Like 2
jedimasterben

oh lol Do you have any pics?

Not really, just one or two here and there, up until just recently I've been unable to control black brush algae and have had zero plant growth. As soon as I took down the 55g tank and moved it into this one, I've basically lost my ability to keep the tank going well. :(

Gawgeous! Is that a St. Thomas mushie it is on? That shrimpy is tiny but looks like a Kracken. :lol:

Thanks kat its actually a hairy bubble tip corallimorph. Thats the power of magnification! :lol::lol:

Not really, just one or two here and there, up until just recently I've been unable to control black brush algae and have had zero plant growth. As soon as I took down the 55g tank and moved it into this one, I've basically lost my ability to keep the tank going well. :(

Aww man that sucks bba is the worst.

Since my tank is so small its really easy to get rid of. I just scoop excess out during water changes but i can see how it could overrun a tank.

It also destroys native habitats :(

Very beautiful tank. Just went thur all 67 pages. Following...

Thanks alot...I appreciate you taking the time to check it out and follow along

FlowerMama

That first shrimp photo. Good Gawd Man!!! Holy cow, that's crazy awesome- it's so crisp and light. Every part of him looks so perfect.

• Like 1

That is a Sanctithomae mushroom like Kat said :)

Oh it is...guess they labeled it incorrectly..Thanks ben

That first shrimp photo. Good Gawd Man!!! Holy cow, that's crazy awesome- it's so crisp and light. Every part of him looks so perfect.

Thanks so much...they look so cool up close.

jedimasterben

Oh it is...guess they labeled it incorrectly..Thanks ben

No, there are at least a dozen common names, probably more. Discosoma sanctithomae (sanctithomae means St Thomas, I believe they were first described on that island) is the proper name :)

• Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

Hype, congrats, you are always dropping the newest, rarest items in this hobby... Whether it be livestock, reef themes, or concepts...

Keep it up...

NirvanaandTool

Its a great idea especially since they breed so quickly. Nothing beats a natural sustainable food source IMO

Yep. Probably will make it happen soon enough. I've got plenty of spare 10g tanks that I can rig up for this.

Man those macros of the nem shrimp are amazing man. Make me wish I could actually keep shrimp in my tanks. But that's not going to happen. My new maori wrasse is the destroyer of all things shrimpy.

No, there are at least a dozen common names, probably more. Discosoma sanctithomae (sanctithomae means St Thomas, I believe they were first described on that island) is the proper name :)

Thanks for the clarification ben

Hype, congrats, you are always dropping the newest, rarest items in this hobby... Whether it be livestock, reef themes, or concepts...

Keep it up...

Thanks alot buddy I try my best to keep it interesting and push the envelope whenever possible.

Love the nem shrimp, nice addition.

Thanks alot jase

Yep. Probably will make it happen soon enough. I've got plenty of spare 10g tanks that I can rig up for this.

Man those macros of the nem shrimp are amazing man. Make me wish I could actually keep shrimp in my tanks. But that's not going to happen. My new maori wrasse is the destroyer of all things shrimpy.

Thanks ralph...Yea it was a tough decision when choosing livestock...I really love invertebrates and can't imagine doing a build without them.

• Like 2
NirvanaandTool

Yea it's a tough call. There's so many cool inverts and so many cool invert eating fish. Gotta pick what's more important. I've got the invert eaters, you get all the cool inverts and keep up with the fancy macro shots. Best of both worlds. Good deal.

• Like 2

Yea it's a tough call. There's so many cool inverts and so many cool invert eating fish. Gotta pick what's more important. I've got the invert eaters, you get all the cool inverts and keep up with the fancy macro shots. Best of both worlds. Good deal.

Agreed :happy:

• Like 1

Hype, love the shrimpy :)

These anemone shrimp are simply the bomb, I love mine, just awesome to watch.

Tank is 100% (as usual) :)

• Like 1