inTank Media Baskets

Hypes Edgeless Ridge Islet-Complete

Rehype

One thing I've noticed is that the color pallet for this tank has a lot more natural tones than your previous tank. Both tanks excel, just in different ways. Even the Rics in this tank are not as gaudy and I suspect that you are using a lower lighting temp/lower intensity to achieve this more natural look.

This tank reminds me a bit of what was cooking in the best of the early 90's before super high energy SPS dominated tanks and 20K lighting became the craze. But even better :)

Thanks nano my goal was to create something a bit more natural looking and the lighting plays a big role. As much as i enjoy the vibrant colors you get from higher kelvin lighting theres just something special about the natural look of lower kelvin lighting especially when paired with the natural shimmer lines produced by halides. I particularly love the way gorgonians, macroalgae and feather dusters look under this combo.

Thanks alot man that means alot.

Damn, hype.... That some impressive shizz.

Thanks alot pismo

hoeksemai or bust!

and there was such a niiiiiiiiiiiiice one on DD the other day.. 4" multibranch, @ $299 tho.

I would love another hoeksemai although the mini colony i had only cost me $100....was the best looking frag ive seen to date.

I blink and everything happens but I wait and nothing ... Looking good hype

Thanks alot cam

feathers

14326620386_afbfd8677d_c.jpg

• Like 6

I liking how you're busting out multiple pics now!! It get my eyes going :haha: .

Im going to try to keep them rolling bud....i know ive been slacking lately :blush:

• Like 2

Very nice tank. What kelvin halide are you using? I love the natural look that the light gives the tank.

Thanks alot its a 10k bulb.

I would love another hoeksemai although the mini colony i had only cost me $100....was the best looking frag ive seen to date.

honestly i compare every piece I see of it to your pic. that image is forever burned into my brain.

pismo_reefer

Is there a walkaround video of this tank?

Or, maybe some walkaround pics?

I'm dying to see a 360-view of this... Like BRS's new equipment shots. :D

honestly i compare every piece I see of it to your pic. that image is forever burned into my brain.

It was a brilliantly colored piece.. one of the bluest sps ive ever seen regardless of lighting.

So, October 18th 2013 was when this was wet? IMO you have the October 2014 TOTM all wrapped up. :)

I believe it was wet mid november. I dont know if it will be totm material by then but ill keep my fingers crossed.

Is there a walkaround video of this tank?

Or, maybe some walkaround pics?

I'm dying to see a 360-view of this... Like BRS's new equipment shots. :D

Ill work on that for the next update :D

• Like 1
NirvanaandTool

:lol: They eat all the time. For some reason acans have always done really well in my tanks even when i havent target feed.

Then I guess you are feeding the tank enough then overall cause they seem happy. I always had to target feed cause I was stick feeding a mantis shrimp or an angler. Guess I didnt target feed enough.

Man those rics look awesome too. Does anything in your tank not look good? Dang dude.

• Like 1

Holy balls, i'm in love. :wub:

:D

Then I guess you are feeding the tank enough then overall cause they seem happy. I always had to target feed cause I was stick feeding a mantis shrimp or an angler. Guess I didnt target feed enough.

Man those rics look awesome too. Does anything in your tank not look good? Dang dude.

Yea typically you dont have to target feed acans since broadcast feeding keeps them pretty happy however if you do they grow and multiply much faster IME

Thanks alot ralph my sps look pretty crappy at the moment (still acclimating to the light)

Hey ZERO!! Hows it going bud? Long time no talk. When is the next build?

Thanks alot man...just trying to create an idea i had and Its slowly coming along.

It's going, lol, and it certainly has been too long! And I do have something I'm working on right now, but it's still under wraps... :ninja: Nothing spectacular like your aquarium though.. :P

And I know what you mean dude, I always have so many ideas in my head about what to do but I never really get the chance to even consider them as a reality lol. So is the life of a college student.. But anyways, seriously, I love the little plants growing on the top part of the rock! It's like you stole a piece of shoreline reef... Just too awesome!

Need more closeups of non-submerged part!! :wub:

Thanks kat :)

star on the move..

14163259057_4a2ff5a2c9_z.jpg

have you had any issues with these guys? i was looking into getting one. just curious how you care for em

It's going, lol, and it certainly has been too long! And I do have something I'm working on right now, but it's still under wraps... :ninja: Nothing spectacular like your aquarium though.. :P

And I know what you mean dude, I always have so many ideas in my head about what to do but I never really get the chance to even consider them as a reality lol. So is the life of a college student.. But anyways, seriously, I love the little plants growing on the top part of the rock! It's like you stole a piece of shoreline reef... Just too awesome!

Need more closeups of non-submerged part!! :wub:

Cant wait to see what you got cooking :happy:

Thanks alot bud i appreciate it and ill be sure to take some more pics

have you had any issues with these guys? i was looking into getting one. just curious how you care for em

My advice would be to pick the healthiest possible specimen you can find and also add plenty of live rock. Ive personally only had success with linkcia starfish I have to assume they feed on microfauna and uneaten food but im still not certain.

My advice would be to pick the healthiest possible specimen you can find and also add plenty of live rock. Ive personally only had success with linkcia starfish I have to assume they feed on microfauna and uneaten food but im still not certain.

cool thanks for the input