ReefCleaners.org

Hypes Edgeless Ridge Islet-Complete

Rehype

Those pics are great. I love how natural the tank looks. Definitely one of the most unique aquariums here.

Thanks alot VA its much appreciated.

Just thought id share an update of my small planted. Its kind of a mess but i actually like it that way :lol: Im going to do some trimming this week but the shrimp seem to love it as they've been breeding like crazy. I replaced alot of the HC with dwarf hair grass.. so far so good.

"Welcome to the jungle. We've got fun 'n' games"

14608908873_144cee574b_b.jpg

• Like 13

Planted tank looks great Hype. I like the messy look a well, it could do with a slight haircut though to make the rocks more pronounced.

Planted tank looks great Hype. I like the messy look a well, it could do with a slight haircut though to make the rocks more pronounced.

Thanks alot jase....I totally agree it needs a serious haircut :D

• Like 2

Nice, I love a good planted tank and I actually like the overgrown look. It's very natural looking. Also a big fan of duckweed, unless I don't want it anymore and it keeps coming back.

What kind of shrimp are you keeping?

Nice, I love a good planted tank and I actually like the overgrown look. It's very natural looking. Also a big fan of duckweed, unless I don't want it anymore and it keeps coming back.

What kind of shrimp are you keeping?

Thanks I really like the natural look too.

I have probably well over 100 cherry shrimp.I also have a pair of amano shrimp. The female amano actually has eggs at the moment im hoping they hatch and a few survive(which i know is a stretch since they dont typically breed well in captivity)

jedimasterben

The female amano actually has eggs at the moment im hoping they hatch and a few survive(which i know is a stretch since they dont typically breed well in captivity)

Amano shrimp have a larval stage and do not breed in freshwater.

I think it was fiji

:D So heres nearly a 6 month update. coming along slowly

14043941743_e103246029_b.jpg

Amazing tank,sorry for the question though what type of plants are the ones on top of the live rock?

I have probably well over 100 cherry shrimp.I also have a pair of amano shrimp. The female amano actually has eggs at the moment im hoping they hatch and a few survive(which i know is a stretch since they dont typically breed well in captivity)

Ah, I do love the freshwater shrimp. I tried cherries once but it was a risk since I had a pair of African dwarf frogs in the tank. Well, they left them alone for a little while.. until the babies started popping out.. then over night the 50 or so I had in the tank were gone. I've had pretty aggressive predators in all my freshwater tanks so I just never got back to it.

I've always wanted to try breeding the rarer varieties but couldn't bring myself to spend 100$ on 5 shrimp..of course I spend that on my reef all the time. If only I could talk the wife into another tank :)

Amano shrimp have a larval stage and do not breed in freshwater.

oh good to know thanks ben.

Amazing tank,sorry for the question though what type of plants are the ones on top of the live rock?

Thanks alot theyre various species of tillandsia

Ah, I do love the freshwater shrimp. I tried cherries once but it was a risk since I had a pair of African dwarf frogs in the tank. Well, they left them alone for a little while.. until the babies started popping out.. then over night the 50 or so I had in the tank were gone. I've had pretty aggressive predators in all my freshwater tanks so I just never got back to it.

I've always wanted to try breeding the rarer varieties but couldn't bring myself to spend 100$ on 5 shrimp..of course I spend that on my reef all the time. If only I could talk the wife into another tank :)

Yea theyre really cool... always active and always breeding lol. I would look into the more exotic colorations but since this is my first try with freshwater shrimp I figure id start with the easiest first.

Great shots, what camera and lens are you using?

Thanks alot i appreciate it. At the moment Canon 7D with Sigma 18-35mm 1.8 & Canon 100mm Macro

jedimasterben

Duckweed is a plague, and mini duckweed is a disease, almost as bad as dino's lol. It took me a year and a half to rid my planted tank of it salvinia minima is it for me (and unfortunately it is now a local plant).

• Like 2

Duckweed is a plague, and mini duckweed is a disease, almost as bad as dino's lol. It took me a year and a half to rid my planted tank of it salvinia minima is it for me (and unfortunately it is now a local plant).

Since my tank is so small its really easy to get rid of. I just scoop excess out during water changes but i can see how it could overrun a tank.

• Like 1
NirvanaandTool

100 cherry shrimp? Time to get a waspfish for the reef tank and feed it some of those little guys. Thin those numbers out. :P

jedimasterben

Since my tank is so small its really easy to get rid of. I just scoop excess out during water changes but i can see how it could overrun a tank.

My planted tank isn't much larger than yours, I believe lol

100 cherry shrimp? Time to get a waspfish for the reef tank and feed it some of those little guys. Thin those numbers out. :P

:lol::lol::P

My planted tank isn't much larger than yours, I believe lol

oh lol Do you have any pics?

My Dwarf Rainbows loved duckweed. If I ever do planted again, which I doubt, I would do the dwarf neon rainbows with cherry red shrimp.

How big is this tank? :)

If I ever do planted again, which I doubt, I would do the dwarf neon rainbows with cherry red shrimp.

How big is this tank? :)

That would be an awesome combo

Its 7 gallons :happy: