Top Shelf Aquatics

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

thanks everyone! i didn't make the diagram =P. it's just something that made the most sense to me during my research.

my LFS quoted me $225 for a eshopps RS-100 sump. My jaw dropped. That's like the price of the tank! Now I am researching how to DIY a sump from a 20L. But the RS-100 looks pretty sweet.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks everyone! i didn't make the diagram =P. it's just something that made the most sense to me during my research.

my LFS quoted me $225 for a eshopps RS-100 sump. My jaw dropped. That's like the price of the tank! Now I am researching how to DIY a sump from a 20L. But the RS-100 looks pretty sweet.

Sumps can be expensive. If you DIY just make sure it can handle holding enough water when the return pump shuts off, and also make sure the return section is as small as you can make it so if the overflow clogs the pump will run dry before overflowing the tank. Harder to do with smaller tanks.

HarryPotter

Check out Advanced Acrylics sumps. They're cheaper than Eshopps, free shipping, and IMO much nicer

Nanofreak79

Now I am looking at the CADLight Versa 42. I am not in love with the dimensions but I like how it is a complete kit with the sump and all the plumbing...

I have there 68 versa. I love the regular plumbing used now, easier to make your own design. Sumo is nice, the tank comes with a mat and the Sump has sytyro under it. I ended up getting there ato container that sits on top of the sump, really like it. For the money there great systems. I have there 4( shallow as well, just sitting dry right now.

Cad will sell you just a sumo from there tank selection.

HarryPotter

oh man...just saw this youtube video of an amazing 80 gallon tank. WOW. Go big or go home right?

OoOOOOOO pretty :wub:

How cute are they!! I'd have a hard time fostering because I'd have to give them up. Feed them once and love on them and forge itt, I wouldn't be able to return them.

Ima come steal a kitten :wub:

they are available for adoption! i will throw in free corals too =)

How cute are they!! I'd have a hard time fostering because I'd have to give them up. Feed them once and love on them and forge itt, I wouldn't be able to return them.

yea, i had one foster puppy that i really really regret giving away.

You still have those Sunny D's I sent you ?

no, i PIF those a while ago. BUT I still have your bambams. I thought they all melted, but I never threw away the frag plug they were on. Then months later, they freaking came back and exploded. I gave some to merthynia when she visited a few weeks ago so your lawnman bambams are spreading all over NR.

In non tank news, wife brought home 2 kittens to foster cuz 3 dogs are obviously not enough...haha

19816397598_2c11d781b1.jpg

Awwwww....let the fun times begin :). Are they related?

Awwwww....let the fun times begin :). Are they related?

yup. someone found the mom on the street and brought her into my wife's animal hospital. Then they realized she recently gave birth so they went back and found 4 kittens. Two have been adopted already. We are fostering till someone adopts them.

yup. someone found the mom on the street and brought her into my wife's animal hospital. Then they realized she recently gave birth so they went back and found 4 kittens. Two have been adopted already. We are fostering till someone adopts them.

Awesome! Don't know how people foster and not want to keep them :). I thought about doing it but I know I'd have a hard time giving them up!
Cameron6796

I am so lost in this thread? You are moving and are upgrading is what I've taken away the past few pages right? And will the spec and pic one taken down?

I am so lost in this thread? You are moving and are upgrading is what I've taken away the past few pages right? And will the spec and pic one taken down?

Hopefully moving in a few months. PicO leaked, and I was going to sell everything since I dont want to start a new tank right now. My dad ghetto fixed the tank so everything is good. Chris offered to fix it for real end of August so it will be taken down again and then restarted.

Spec is still up but not sure if I will keep it up when I move.

Once I move, I will be getting a bigger tank and keep the PicO running. That's why I may take down the Spec since maintaining 3 tanks is just too much.

Awesome! Don't know how people foster and not want to keep them :). I thought about doing it but I know I'd have a hard time giving them up!

it is hard but having 3 dogs already make it a little easier =P.

Three tanks is waaay too much work. I am not enjoying having the biocube, fusion, holding tank, and monster tank all up at once. Ugh!!

Plus, the humidity in my apartment is making it feel really stuffy and gross. Nope, two tanks max for me!!

Sorry to hear about the tank woes, ninja :(. But, speaking from experience, moving with tanks is no fun :lol:. Hope all works out, & so glad to hear that this is just a break and not leaving for good.

Got outbid on two houses in the last 7 days. Chicago real estate is getting crazy!!! Makes me want to move to the burb and buy a 4,000 sq ft house for dirt cheap and fill every room with a tank.

Got outbid on two houses in the last 7 days. Chicago real estate is getting crazy!!! Makes me want to move to the burb and buy a 4,000 sq ft house for dirt cheap and fill every room with a tank.

Just move to California and call it a day :D

Archived