Coral Vue Hydros

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

The montis and birdnest are doing ok but the limelight was gaining back its super green color but after the last water change, it started to brown out again.

oh no...why do I always pick the shy fish! I thought Royal Gramma are suppose to be mean and aggressive to match my jerk clown fish =P.

Why do clownfish have to be such jerks! BOTH of my girls are biting me now! Ow!!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

about to shower and get an early sleep and walked over to the tank to dose daily alk. notice water all around the tank. it's leaking. fml. i dont know what to do. its late, all the stores are closed. it's a slow leak. i didn't notice it when i came home from work at 6pm. the rocks wont fit in my 5 gallon fluval. i cant fit both into the 5 gallon bucket i use for water change. i guess i have to choose which one to save? SIGH

about to shower and get an early sleep and walked over to the tank to dose daily alk. notice water all around the tank. it's leaking. fml. i dont know what to do. its late, all the stores are closed. it's a slow leak. i didn't notice it when i came home from work at 6pm. the rocks wont fit in my 5 gallon fluval. i cant fit both into the 5 gallon bucket i use for water change. i guess i have to choose which one to save? SIGH

Walmart usually has really cheap 10 gal tanks. Or a clean storage tote?

MrNanoReef

Walmart usually has really cheap 10 gal tanks. Or a clean storage tote?

Go to walmart and grab a 10g tank like he said, or a clear storage container with lid, they even have heater/filter and such if you need life support for 2 containers.

Empty stuff out of a rubbermaid tub, don't transfer sand, just fish rocks and corals!

Might sound stupid here so don't kill me but worst case scenario if you have a double basin kitchen sink clean out one side, plug it and keep stuff there overnight. Use a trash bag to act like a pond layer barrier thing, will also protect your sink from the SW. (I did this when my 5G FW leaked).

MrNanoReef

should i transfer sand to the bucket?????

nearest walmart is like 45 mins away. trying to get this all sorted out so i can get a few hours of sleep before work at 5am

I wouldn't worry about the sands, just corals and fishes

I agree with the plastic tub. When I moved 4 months ago I kept all of my livestock in a clear Rubbermaid for 2 months. Granted I only had fish and softies but everything did good.

Nanofreak79

I think I found my next fish. It will be either a splendid dottyback or neon dottyback =).

p-86356-pseudochromis.jpg

p-91978-neon-dottyback-ORA.jpg

I have the neon dotty! Thing is a beast, controls all the other fish.

empty out old clothes from a plastic bin. what can i do to save my GSP wall?? can i cover them all with moist paper towel???

i think this is it for me and this hobby. gonna create post in local forum and sell everything. been a good ride while it lasted. i will lurk and admire at everyone's beautiful tanks! and once i move, i will be back =).

if u r local and u want to help me out, come on by and buy some stuff! for real cheap!

Maybe lay the empty tank on its back and cover them with towels soaked in tank water? Don't lose hope, you can pull through :)

sorry about your leak :(

Tell me what you're sellin, if you're sure you want to go that route.

EVERYTHING! tell me what you are looking for and if I have it, I will give you a gooood deal on it. I think my plates would look great in your tank!

gonna tear down the 5g after this too =(

EVERYTHING! tell me what you are looking for and if I have it, I will give you a gooood deal on it. I think my plates would look great in your tank!

gonna tear down the 5g after this too =(

Ugh, you're gonna make me be a vulture? ;)

I'll look at your fts and see what you've got. I wish things would stop receding in my biocube cause I'd totally love more plates in there!

Do you have a timeline on a move? I've got some packing paper and moving pads I'd let you have.

Oh no! What an awful thing to have happen. And these things always happen late at night. I love your beautiful tanks! I hope you got everything sorted out as best you can. The plastic bin sounds like the right thing for the job.

I wish I was closer, I would help you peel off that gsp wall and rescue it. I've been trying to get one going just like it for forever. For whatever reason, I can't get it to grow!

Ugh, you're gonna make me be a vulture? ;)

I'll look at your fts and see what you've got. I wish things would stop receding in my biocube cause I'd totally love more plates in there!

Do you have a timeline on a move? I've got some packing paper and moving pads I'd let you have.

You have plenty of room in your new 20g for new corals =). The move wont happen any time soon....still house hunting.

Oh no! What an awful thing to have happen. And these things always happen late at night. I love your beautiful tanks! I hope you got everything sorted out as best you can. The plastic bin sounds like the right thing for the job.

I wish I was closer, I would help you peel off that gsp wall and rescue it. I've been trying to get one going just like it for forever. For whatever reason, I can't get it to grow!

I was up till 3am mopping things up and peeling the GSP backwall =(. Wish I can just ship people corals but I hate the hassle of packing and shipping corals.

DUDE, ARE YOU SERIOUSLY SELLING EVERYTHING? NO PLS.

Also, if you are really selling things. I will drive up to Chicago to grab stuff from you....

I'd be interested in plates, euphyllia, RFA, acans. You don't have any gorgs in there do you?

Sorry you didn't get much sleep last night. :(

I'd be interested in plates, euphyllia, RFA, acans. You don't have any gorgs in there do you?

Sorry you didn't get much sleep last night. :(

do you want to come by and have your pick? Rough pricing:

orange plates - $20

green helmet plate - $10

euphyllia - $5 per head

RFA - not sure if RFA made the transfer because I had to peel it off the bottom glass....

acans - $5 - $15 per frag.

gorg- i have some nice gorg in the 5g but still undecided whether i will break that down too

plus i will throw in tons of freebies like blastos / zoas / lepto / misc

Why do clownfish have to be such jerks! BOTH of my girls are biting me now! Ow!!

My female goes nuts on me. it freaks me out more than anything when you have a clownfish charging your hand. She's gone so far as to jump out of the water's surface going after me! Luckily she didn't jump OUT of the tank. Crazy clowns.

Archived