ReefCleaners.org

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HarryPotter

I need a shrimp in this tank! Last time I got a red fire shrimp, it hid and wont eat. What's another cool shrimp besides the standard cleaner shrimp???

If you don't have small fish maybe a Coral Banded Shrimp, or maybe like 3 Sexy (anemone) shrimp!

I feel like the coral banded shrimp always looks too big for the tank... especially in nanos. His antennae take up half the tank!

White Spot Anemone Shrimp, Saron Shrimp,Venus Anemone Shrimp or a Yellow Line Shrimp would all be cool choices. And are all available on LiveAquaria.com.

White Spot Anemone Shrimp, Saron Shrimp,Venus Anemone Shrimp or a Yellow Line Shrimp would all be cool choices. And are all available on LiveAquaria.com.

I had the white spot and venus before. They all jumped out of the tank through the mesh lid. My left rock is literally inches from the water surface so I think they used it as a launch pad...

I feel like the coral banded shrimp always looks too big for the tank... especially in nanos. His antennae take up half the tank!

and those claws are a little intimidating....

Sooo....it would be pretty irresponsible of me to get a yellow coris wrasse for such a small tank right? They need at least 30 gallons? LFS got some small ones in...so tempted to get a wrasse since they tend to swim around a lot.

Nanofreak79

Why not a small six line? If the wrasse is small, just be prepared to return to the LFS or trade with local reefer.

Why not a small six line? If the wrasse is small, just be prepared to return to the LFS or trade with local reefer.

The yellow coris is about 2". I had a six line before and liked how active it was. I like the color on the yellow coris more and think since I am upgrading within a year to a 30 gallon, it should be ok?

Nice! Are you gonna order online or see if lfs can get one?

=( went to LFS today and they say it's gonna be a loooong wait for them. They dont see it often from their suppliers. I dont like ordering fish online. I have seen them at Petcos but really dont want to purchase a fish from Petco. Oh well, I guess I will just check out the LFS again on July 4th weekend and see what nano fish they have on sale. I just really want another fish in this tank =P.

If you quarantine, would a petco fish be so bad?

I finally found a place that may get in a Pink Streaked Wrasse, but their tanks are gross-ish, so I'm gonna quarantine it.

No where else local even knew what a Pink Streaked Wrasse was... :slap:

If you quarantine, would a petco fish be so bad?

I finally found a place that may get in a Pink Streaked Wrasse, but their tanks are gross-ish, so I'm gonna quarantine it.

No where else local even knew what a Pink Streaked Wrasse was... :slap:

I would totally get a Petco fish if I quarantine but it's another thing my lazy butt dont want to do =P.

=( went to LFS today and they say it's gonna be a loooong wait for them. They dont see it often from their suppliers. I dont like ordering fish online. I have seen them at Petcos but really dont want to purchase a fish from Petco. Oh well, I guess I will just check out the LFS again on July 4th weekend and see what nano fish they have on sale. I just really want another fish in this tank =P.

I think most of petco fish comes from Live Aquaria now,all but my cherub pygmy angel came from petco to be honest including a mislabeled ruby red dragonet I got for $5 all my fish from there have lived well and are hardy (knock on wood lol)

Regardless,your tank looks good :D

I think most of petco fish comes from Live Aquaria now,all but my cherub pygmy angel came from petco to be honest including a mislabeled ruby red dragonet I got for $5 all my fish from there have lived well and are hardy (knock on wood lol)

Regardless,your tank looks good :D

I had ich wipe out my tank once from a bad LFS, and I am hesitant to try Petco since I always see at least one fish in their tank with ich. Once I upgrade my tank, I will definitely quarantine and get my fish from Petco since their price is so ridiculously low. I saw a neon dottyback at a Petco for $20 when they are selling for $40-$50 online.

I had ich wipe out my tank once from a bad LFS, and I am hesitant to try Petco since I always see at least one fish in their tank with ich. Once I upgrade my tank, I will definitely quarantine and get my fish from Petco since their price is so ridiculously low. I saw a neon dottyback at a Petco for $20 when they are selling for $40-$50 online.

Yea there selection and prices are suprising at times,I'm in there alot for ferret stuff and dog stuff l,food,toys,cow legs lol you know the usual. I understand your hesitancy though.

• 2 weeks later...

SPS been on a rollercoaster ride. Went from color to brown to color and now back to brown =(. Blah.

New FTS

19339867265_260a3ccb71.jpg

Another one of the tank with my new royal gramma. She's super shy and hides ALL day long. Worst than my first firefish. This is her coming out for the first time in a week with the pumps off and right after feeding.

19333791012_24fc1fc106.jpg

FlowerMama

Yeah, mine's been hiding for 2 yrs. Only her and Gertie but she feels the need to hide. And they used to take shelter in the same rock so it's not about being fearful of Gertie or anything either. I walk by and she ducks back in.

SPS looks colorful to me :).

The montis and birdnest are doing ok but the limelight was gaining back its super green color but after the last water change, it started to brown out again.

Yeah, mine's been hiding for 2 yrs. Only her and Gertie but she feels the need to hide. And they used to take shelter in the same rock so it's not about being fearful of Gertie or anything either. I walk by and she ducks back in.

oh no...why do I always pick the shy fish! I thought Royal Gramma are suppose to be mean and aggressive to match my jerk clown fish =P.

FlowerMama

I bought mine thinking I needed something that could put its dukes up against Gertie and they're just friends.

Archived