Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MrNanoReef

I'd grab a AC50 filter at Petco to keep the the water filtrated. I keep an extra AC50, AC20 on hand in case of emergency or if I need to setup a quick QT tank.

ya, does any of your silicone on the tank look frayed at all? The only pico failure I had heard of was concluded to be a failure of the silicone not curing completely. when he posted pics it looked a bit tattered on pretty much every bit of silicone. My old pico actually looked similar and I took it down when i upgraded but won't sell it for fear its a disaster waiting to happen.

Why not just grab a 10g tank for a Walmart or petco for $13-$20 and just switch everything over for the time being. Make things so much easier on yourself. And a AC20 or AC50 for filtration,if you really reaaaaallly need a filter,I've got a spare 20 and 50 I could ship out to you. Walmart AquaCulture filters aren't top notch but do do the job and would be suffice for a little while.

I know this shit has got to suck ass,and I'm sorry. As for you and Randy,I know it's gotta suck with the tank situations man.. I really feel for you. If you were a local,id just give you my 15 breeder !!!

FlowerMama

I think the main thing is that we hate to see ya go for a moment but if you'll be buying a house soon/moving, totally understandable but i agree w/ above, $1 gallon sale and house them and take them on the move.

I think everything is pretty happy right now in the plastic bin. haha. and the nanobox duo fits great on top of it. maybe this can be a permanent thing....hahahah

dig a hole and set it in the hole... you now have a tide pool tank... you're welcome!

FlowerMama

dig a hole and set it in the hole... you now have a tide pool tank... you're welcome!

Now there's a good idea for the newest innovative trend in tanks. Only top down viewing!

FlowerMama

Now there's a good idea for the newest innovative trend in tanks. Only top down viewing!

Well, you could put it in the shape of ta-tas. ha ha.

do you want to come by and have your pick? Rough pricing:

orange plates - $20

green helmet plate - $10

euphyllia - $5 per head

RFA - not sure if RFA made the transfer because I had to peel it off the bottom glass....

acans - $5 - $15 per frag.

gorg- i have some nice gorg in the 5g but still undecided whether i will break that down too

plus i will throw in tons of freebies like blastos / zoas / lepto / misc

Ninja I will take zoas if you have some. Those are my favorite by far!

I'm glad to see you got everything into the tub. They seem to be doing okay in there. I'm not going to lie that I'm a little scared about my PicO now since he had to replace one of the panes. I sure hope it can stand up to the test of time. I'll be watching the thread to see if you figure out exactly where the leak is coming from and I will be watching my tank like a hawk now!

Nanofreak79

You wan ship that carpet of gsp? I'd like to use it on a new project. Sorry about your tank. I had s five gallon acrylic tank pop a seam......water everywhere, five gallons is a lot of water, or even three. Good luck!

Ninja I will take zoas if you have some. Those are my favorite by far!

I'm glad to see you got everything into the tub. They seem to be doing okay in there. I'm not going to lie that I'm a little scared about my PicO now since he had to replace one of the panes. I sure hope it can stand up to the test of time. I'll be watching the thread to see if you figure out exactly where the leak is coming from and I will be watching my tank like a hawk now!

where are you located? just checked out your pico tanks. great looking tanks!

where are you located? just checked out your pico tanks. great looking tanks!

Awh thank you! I've lurked on your beautiful tanks for what seems like forever. I'm currently in Springfield. At the moment I'm not sure I have any plans for this weekend so I could potentially head that direction depending on how fast you want things moved. Otherwise if you want to contemplate this big of a change I'm in no rush.

Awh thank you! I've lurked on your beautiful tanks for what seems like forever. I'm currently in Springfield. At the moment I'm not sure I have any plans for this weekend so I could potentially head that direction depending on how fast you want things moved. Otherwise if you want to contemplate this big of a change I'm in no rush.

oh wow, springfield is really far! i would hate to make you drive all the way out here for just some zoas!

oh wow, springfield is really far! i would hate to make you drive all the way out here for just some zoas!

I am wanting to come visit the stores there and see the city anyway. Plus if it works out I also have a RFA for Kimberbee so I could drop that off also! :happy:

I am wanting to come visit the stores there and see the city anyway. Plus if it works out I also have a RFA for Kimberbee so I could drop that off also! :happy:

if u come up, then definitely let me know! i am free all this weekend.

Ninja, sorry about your disaster, but I'm looking forward to your new house and your new tank :)

I agree, it might be worth keeping the 5g up and running just as a minimal effort/low maintenance tank, but sometimes you need to start from scratch to really get motivated. Either way we're pulling for you and can't wait to see what you do next :grouphug:

I will be paying ninja a visit this weekend. I'm free all weekend too!

Always thinking outside the box'o'water Hey!

Always thinking outside the box'o'water Hey!

Trying to stay positive is a full time job when aquariums are so damn disaster prone in 1 way or another lol.

Trying to stay positive is a full time job when aquariums are so damn disaster prone in 1 way or another lol.

This is very true.

if u come up, then definitely let me know! i am free all this weekend.

I will be paying ninja a visit this weekend. I'm free all weekend too!

Party in Chicago! I'm not sure which would be the best day to come up. Maybe Sunday? Would that work for the both of you? :)

Archived