inTank Media Baskets

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

LOVE the lime light stag horn as well as the bird's nest and the gonipora. Might have to see about some of those in my tank, after I complete the salt switch...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad the reef is still motoring along. Wisdom teeth, bleh. Been there, done that (plus jaw surgery) not fun. Hope the pain/swelling is going down for you and you're noshing on ice cream :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys, I seen Ninja a few hours ago over in my thread. He's lurkin.. he's lurkin. I think if we yell loud enough he'll come out the door with what we wanna see!! Hahaha :D

I been a bad reefer. I neglected the forum. I neglected my tanks. I stopped dosing the tank. Stopped feeding the corals. A few pellets for the fish once every few days =(.

But everything is doing really good! The only exception is SPS lost a bit of color, probably from too much nutrients. More algae but that's expected. Zoas, frogspawns, ric, plates, everything else doing great. I was out of town 3 times for 3-5 days each time and tank still did great with the dog sitter topping off. So glad my tank is doing ok on auto pilot.

Now that I dont have any vacations coming up till Fall, I am ready to get back into this. I did a deep clean yesterday and changed out carbon/phosguard/purigen. I plan to add another fish very soon since it has only been the clownfish in here for over a month now.

Will get some pics this weekend, but not much has changed =P.

I couldn't wait till the weekend so dusted off my camera today...

New FTS. Not much has changed which is a good thing. I see growth on all the SPS and zoas are starting to mat together.

18471510159_0caf1fcc25.jpg

Hammer Frogspawns

18037018833_28f4a9769f.jpg

Birdsnest. Love the orange zoas with yellow centers. Started with like 5 and they been spreading nicely. Wish I know what they are called for future reference.

18631358376_d493ce977e.jpg

Plates doing great. A few weeks ago, I thought I was going to loose the green one. I moved it to the back corner and it has recovered. I am afraid of moving it back to the front so we will see...

18469959320_6ca9bbf0fc.jpg

A couple of months away from 2 years old =)

18471500409_7ea26cc956.jpg

Yep, your gsp does the same as mine in my Evolve 8, growing on the overflow. It's such a wonderful pop of green though.

Yep, your gsp does the same as mine in my Evolve 8, growing on the overflow. It's such a wonderful pop of green though.

Will it restrict flow into the back chamber??? It's so hard to cut off once it gets into the teeth...

Will it restrict flow into the back chamber??? It's so hard to cut off once it gets into the teeth...

I just use a razor to remove some then everything is pissed in the tank for a little while.

Littleworld

WHat! That's just amazing. Beautiful.

If I'm there in two year's time I'll be one very happy reefer.

Manbearfish

Your tank looks amazing, do you order most of your livestock online or is there anywhere locally you go? I feel like most of the Chicago shops are a rip off.

Tank looks amazing like always. glad to have you back bro!

Does PicO aquariums still exist? I've been checking their site for months and they never have any tanks for sale :(

Chris said they would have new tanks in fall 2015 and we are barely in summer hahah but you can always custom order a tank through them. Chris's customer service is 10/10 and he is very fair with prices and advice.

Thanks everyone!

Beautiful!

What settings do you typically keep your nanobox at?

Currently, I have 145 blues, 50 whites.

Your tank looks amazing, do you order most of your livestock online or is there anywhere locally you go? I feel like most of the Chicago shops are a rip off.

A mixture. If you are looking for places around in Chicago, you have to get out of the city. Everything IN the city is overpriced. Check out Aquapros at Glen Elyn and Reefwise at Lisle.

Does PicO aquariums still exist? I've been checking their site for months and they never have any tanks for sale :(

PicO is still around. Check out their sponsor forum for updates. Chris is probably busy thinking of the next new tanks.

Archived