Coral Vue Hydros

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

Yeah, they have great service. I have a Pederson's and am thinking about getting an anemone shrimp too. Do you happen to like one better than the other?

Honestly, I haven't seen the two white spotted shrimp for 2 days now. The Pedersen is great though. KPA told me they sent me the Pedersen cuz they like it better than the white spotted. The Pedersen has better personality. And I have to agree. The Pedersen is always out and about. I wonder if the two white spotted ones jumped...or got sucked into the MP10...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've looked at a number of threads with both White Spot and Pedersens. From what I've read, the Pedersen seems to be more robust.

Soooo mpsti05 posted his 40g PicO AIO for sale on the local forum. I am sooooooooooo tempted. Wife gave me the dirty look when I briefly mentioned the idea of a new tank. Hopefully the seed is planted and not smashed. I want to upgrade but don't really have the space...and probably moving in a 1-2 years so maybe not the best time? sigh...such a good deal on the tank + stand.

I've looked at a number of threads with both White Spot and Pedersens. From what I've read, the Pedersen seems to be more robust.

Yea, it LOOKS more fragile cuz it's so skinny, but it "dances" in the water and is a joy to watch. The white spotted one just hid in the back of the tank and now...nowhere to be seen.

Yea, it LOOKS more fragile cuz it's so skinny, but it "dances" in the water and is a joy to watch. The white spotted one just hid in the back of the tank and now...nowhere to be seen.

Glad yours dances too. Whenver my pygmy angel comes by it shakes its body and shimmies its antennae to try and get his attention. Doesn't do it for the gobies, so I assume it's a "Hey sexy, come here and let me pick off some parasites" sort of thing. Does yours do this?

Glad yours dances too. Whenver my pygmy angel comes by it shakes its body and shimmies its antennae to try and get his attention. Doesn't do it for the gobies, so I assume it's a "Hey sexy, come here and let me pick off some parasites" sort of thing. Does yours do this?

It does it when I am feeding the tank so guess I am sexy too =P

Congrats. I was out of town Feb 1st and completely forgot to check. Well deserved!

thanks! i been taking your advice and dosing only alk to keep it stable around 8, and things are looking better than ever! still have an issue when doing a water change with new water at 12-13, raising my alk to almost 9. I am thinking instead of doing one 25-30% water change, I will do two 10% change a week. Just more work....

thanks! i been taking your advice and dosing only alk to keep it stable around 8, and things are looking better than ever! still have an issue when doing a water change with new water at 12-13, raising my alk to almost 9. I am thinking instead of doing one 25-30% water change, I will do two 10% change a week. Just more work....

You could try switching to pro reef. It mixes around 8, really quick and clean mixing too.

I read this old thread on RC that talked about using Instant Ocean (10KH, 400 calcium) and adding a teaspoon of Calcium Chloride per 25 gallons. This will raise Calcium to 450 and drop KH to 8. I've got all the parts and going to mix some tonight and add the Calcium Chloride tomorrow night after testing to see what happens.

I raised the KH in my 150 gallon using RC and changing 10% ... RC is crazy high KH now, which disturbs me.

You could try switching to pro reef. It mixes around 8, really quick and clean mixing too.

Will look into that more when I use up my 200 gallons of IO RC!

I read this old thread on RC that talked about using Instant Ocean (10KH, 400 calcium) and adding a teaspoon of Calcium Chloride per 25 gallons. This will raise Calcium to 450 and drop KH to 8. I've got all the parts and going to mix some tonight and add the Calcium Chloride tomorrow night after testing to see what happens.

I raised the KH in my 150 gallon using RC and changing 10% ... RC is crazy high KH now, which disturbs me.

I got 50 gallons bag of regular IO to mix with the RC. Gonna see what that mix will be like. If I can get it to be 11ish, I should be good.

Will look into that more when I use up my 200 gallons of IO RC!

I got 50 gallons bag of regular IO to mix with the RC. Gonna see what that mix will be like. If I can get it to be 11ish, I should be good.

definitely! I had no idea lol makes more sense now.

Hey ninja! Look! Your tank has been my computer background since you posted this pic. LOL! (Hope you dont mind) Your tank inspires me greatly!!

post-83142-0-71246600-1423943206_thumb.jpg

Hey ninja! Look! Your tank has been my computer background since you posted this pic. LOL! (Hope you dont mind) Your tank inspires me greatly!!

:bowdown: woah, that's a huge honor =). your tank is looking really nice with all the new corals.

:bowdown: woah, that's a huge honor =). your tank is looking really nice with all the new corals.

Thanks so much! :) Thats an honor for someone as awesome as you to say that to me :P Thanks alot man!!!

Brown jelly has spread from my blastos to my frogspawns and hammers. In the past week, I have lost 2 heads of blastos and 2 heads of hammer and 3 heads of frogspawns. I dont have the equipment to frag the dying heads off so I been siphoning out the brown jelly daily on the dying heads. Sigh. No change to the tank lately so not sure what's stressing them out. On better news, SPS doing awesome. Monti colors improving every week.

that brown jelly sounds terrible. :(

sorry about all the havoc its done.

but glad your SPS is doing well, ninja!

thanks. brown jelly is very terrible. it spreads FAST too. i just noticed two more heads of frogspawns dying....sigh...my euphyllia garden slowing melting away.

thanks. brown jelly is very terrible. it spreads FAST too. i just noticed two more heads of frogspawns dying....sigh...my euphyllia garden slowing melting away.

Oh no, not your garden! :(

Archived