Coral Vue Hydros

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

I like my urchin more than most of my hermits (I do have two favorite hermits). He doesn't steal food from my corals, he (as well as my snails) help keep the glass and back wall clean. He really hasn't knocked anything over that my hermits couldn't knock over.

I like that Halloween color! I think I may plan to put one in tank #2!!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If i have a bigger tank, i would totally get that urchin. i am gonna stop by that LFS on saturday to pick up a few hermits and nassarius so i will see how big they are =).

my big red maxi mini decided to hide under the ledge. blah, now that rock looks so empty. good thing i have an order from KPA coming tomorrow B) . but it's mostly stuff for the Spec. not sure if i will add anything to this tank.

If i have a bigger tank, i would totally get that urchin. i am gonna stop by that LFS on saturday to pick up a few hermits and nassarius so i will see how big they are =).

my big red maxi mini decided to hide under the ledge. blah, now that rock looks so empty. good thing i have an order from KPA coming tomorrow B) . but it's mostly stuff for the Spec. not sure if i will add anything to this tank.

I need some nass snails, who's got them at a good price?

I need some nass snails, who's got them at a good price?

New Fish by Milwaukee and Division said on their facebook they just got some nass snails, scarlett hermits, and the halloween tuxedos. Being in the city, they are typically a little more expensive than the stores in the burbs. Will let you know the exact price Saturday after my trip =).

Whatcha gettin'? I love KPA!

Whatcha gettin'? I love KPA!

gorgs for the Spec to fill up the vertical space. wish i have room in this tank for gorgs. also got two whitespot anemone shrimp to host the maxi mini nems...if only the red maxi mini didn't move! argh. frustrating.

I have the same problem as you. My calcium seems to stay high (450 mg/l) and my alkalinity which was stable with water changes is starting to decrease by .1 mEq/day. Not sure why I am not getting a decrease in both.

Oooh, that Halloween urchin looks nice. If it's just a color variant of the tuxedos then you could probably squeeze one in your tank. Mine hasn't carried off anything larger than a trochus snail, and he's awesome at keeping the tank algae-free except in spots he can't reach.

KPA order arrived today. Everything was well packed and they threw in an extra pedersen anemone shrimp in addition to the two white spotted ones I ordered. They are sooo small! I was expecting more color in them so hopefully they color up when they get bigger. The nano gorgs are beautiful and around 5 inches. Also got a red nano sponge that's very nice. The gorgs and sponges went into the Spec V and shrimps into this tank. I would definitely recommend KPA.

Oooh, that Halloween urchin looks nice. If it's just a color variant of the tuxedos then you could probably squeeze one in your tank. Mine hasn't carried off anything larger than a trochus snail, and he's awesome at keeping the tank algae-free except in spots he can't reach.

if they have small ones, i will get one =). i am getting lots of algae in both tanks with increased feeding.

I've ordered a lot from KPA, they are always great. All the rics in my 4g tank came from them as well as the rusty goby and a couple sexy shrimp. I'll be watching how your gorgs and the sponge do in yout 5g tank, as I've been thinking about adding some to my 4g tank.

btw, WHERE ARE THE PICTURES??? :)

KPA order arrived today. Everything was well packed and they threw in an extra pedersen anemone shrimp in addition to the two white spotted ones I ordered. They are sooo small! I was expecting more color in them so hopefully they color up when they get bigger. The nano gorgs are beautiful and around 5 inches. Also got a red nano sponge that's very nice. The gorgs and sponges went into the Spec V and shrimps into this tank. I would definitely recommend KPA.

if they have small ones, i will get one =). i am getting lots of algae in both tanks with increased feeding.

I really like KPA. Planning on getting some nano gorgs from them too. I just got some "nano" inverts; harlequin and red brittle stars, and they're huge :o

Been eying that red sponge so I'm going to stalk your Spec thread now for updates :D

As for the urchin--do it, do it, do it!

I've ordered a lot from KPA, they are always great. All the rics in my 4g tank came from them as well as the rusty goby and a couple sexy shrimp. I'll be watching how your gorgs and the sponge do in yout 5g tank, as I've been thinking about adding some to my 4g tank.

Agreed, where are the pictures! :lol: Most of my rics are from KPA and probably all the future ones will be too. I love that they ship them with just a tiny bit of rubble.

i kinda just threw the gorgs in so i need to move things around a bit =P

I really like KPA. Planning on getting some nano gorgs from them too. I just got some "nano" inverts; harlequin and red brittle stars, and they're huge :o

Been eying that red sponge so I'm going to stalk your Spec thread now for updates :D

As for the urchin--do it, do it, do it!

Agreed, where are the pictures! :lol: Most of my rics are from KPA and probably all the future ones will be too. I love that they ship them with just a tiny bit of rubble.

omg, i got two red nano brittle stars too and one was cute and tiny and one was HUGE, bigger than my palm. I emailed Philip and he said he purposely gave me a small one and a big one. haha.

well, my RFA decided to take a walk and climb all over my blastos. sigh. gonna have to rearrange the front of the tank for her. nems = pain in the butt.

So true. Knock on wood but most of mine are content to stay on their rock. Except for the rogue orange one. It's touching my zoas but they're not shrinking or closing up, so I can't tell if they're getting stung and just gritting it out or what.

Halloween urchin was a bust. They were about 4inches diameter and were already carrying tons of shells and rocks on their back. They were also $30. In their display tank, they have a Halloween urchin that's size of my fist so they will easily outgrow my little tank.

I did get two scarlett red hermit crabs for $3 each and nass snails for $1.50 each. Kinda expensive but I guess I am paying for the convenience.

So true. Knock on wood but most of mine are content to stay on their rock. Except for the rogue orange one. It's touching my zoas but they're not shrinking or closing up, so I can't tell if they're getting stung and just gritting it out or what.

RFA sting isn't that bad compared to other nems. My maxi mini was touching my zoas for a month or so, and the zoas are still fine.

Mwahahahaha...I have one. And for some reason, he doesn't pick up anything but red macro.

Tank's looking sweet btw - also, MOAR PICS! :P

How big is your halloween urchin? The guy said if I get it, it will probably starve after eating the algae I have now. Guess I need a bigger, dirtier tank =P.

Archived