Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tested my alk....5.7...lol...no matter things look off. tested new batch of Reef Crystals at 11. what is sucking up all the alk in the tank?!?!

Have you tested Mg lately?

Have you tested Mg lately?

yea, Mag seems to be fine. I think it was 1300 last time I tested.

So I took out my birdsnest yesterday cuz it has grown so big that the skinny main branch is barely able to support itself. I glued it back to a more secure spot and today half turned white =(. It's the half facing the mp10 so probably too much direct flow. Sigh. SPS really is my kryptonite.

yea, Mag seems to be fine. I think it was 1300 last time I tested.

So I took out my birdsnest yesterday cuz it has grown so big that the skinny main branch is barely able to support itself. I glued it back to a more secure spot and today half turned white =(. It's the half facing the mp10 so probably too much direct flow. Sigh. SPS really is my kryptonite.

If your Mg is within accepted range then abiotic precipitation of ca and alk would typically not be an issue. Likely a growth spurt in the stony corals causing rapid alk decline.

I learned the hard away about too much flow in these little nano tanks by bleaching a RP Acro frag. Due to the shorter distances that the water needs to travel, the force from even a low power pump can cause issues when pointed too directly at the corals.

That is one adorable pup! And TBH, I dont usually like those little fluffy froo froo dogs... A REAL dog should be bigger than my almost 20lb cat!!

with the way Mooshu been eating, he's well on his way to 20 lbs =P. i want a husky for my next dog but that gonna be at least 10 years from now.

Archived