Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

if your pink striped isn't acting herself, depending

on how long she's been hiding, i'd consider taking her

out and maybe quaratining her. i'm assuming if she's

starting to get bleached, because that's no good. they

don't do well in shade for very long.

put food in the hole if you can

Hope she comes out soon. They are pretty hardy so they can probably stand being in the shadow for a bit.

Sorry to derail your thread for a while Ninja. I did make a post in the nem thread here.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some good news, some bad news....

Good:

• Been dosing alk every night and keeping it stable at 7.7-8. Colors coming back nicely on sunset monti and mystic monti.
  • Clam still doing good

Bad:

• Dendros still not open and loosing flesh...sigh. I think they are goners.
  • Red bubble algae starting to pop up on the left rock. Argh...

Some good news, some bad news....

Good:

• Been dosing alk every night and keeping it stable at 7.7-8. Colors coming back nicely on sunset monti and mystic monti.
  • Clam still doing good

Bad:

• Dendros still not open and loosing flesh...sigh. I think they are goners.
  • Red bubble algae starting to pop up on the left rock. Argh...

:)

:(

Aaaaargh....I did that once but all I lost was the power strip. Now everything plugs in underneath the cabinet so I don't have to worry about it. Good luck!

wow, i just poured water all over the power strip in back of tank and things started to smoke. pretty sure the mp10 is toast. *sigh*.

Man that stinks. Red bubble algae- just appearing? Did you add a new rock?

Aaaaargh....I did that once but all I lost was the power strip. Now everything plugs in underneath the cabinet so I don't have to worry about it. Good luck!

what kind of power strip do you have? i have a Tripp-Lite with GFCI plug and I think it just saved my house from burning down. You may be right and all I lost was the power strip...although it was a $50 power strip =P.

Man that stinks. Red bubble algae- just appearing? Did you add a new rock?

No new rock but I think I caused an imbalance when I took out one of my rocks and trimmed off all the xenias. Now I am getting lots of algae on that rock.

what kind of power strip do you have? i have a Tripp-Lite with GFCI plug and I think it just saved my house from burning down. You may be right and all I lost was the power strip...although it was a $50 power strip =P.

No new rock but I think I caused an imbalance when I took out one of my rocks and trimmed off all the xenias. Now I am getting lots of algae on that rock.

It's crazy how algae can lay dormant for so long and then raise its ugly head! Xenia- total pain I've also remove 3 times now and it comes back after a few weeks!

It's crazy how algae can lay dormant for so long and then raise its ugly head! Xenia- total pain I've also remove 3 times now and it comes back after a few weeks!

yea, even if a tiny bit of tissue is on the rock, it grows back. i loved my little xenia forest till they got so stalky and large that they blocked the light from reaching the bottom of the tank.

I had the cheapest ugly power strip you could buy. I think it cost like $4. It started sizzling when the water spilled but I was able to yank the plug out of the wall almost instantly (the plug was above the strip so it was safe to touch). I actually saved the power strip by blowing all the water out with compressed air.

I've got plans to replace the wall outlet with a GFCI outlet. GFCI is the best thing for aquarium power because eventually you know something's going to get wet :)

I had the cheapest ugly power strip you could buy. I think it cost like $4. It started sizzling when the water spilled but I was able to yank the plug out of the wall almost instantly (the plug was above the strip so it was safe to touch). I actually saved the power strip by blowing all the water out with compressed air.

I've got plans to replace the wall outlet with a GFCI outlet. GFCI is the best thing for aquarium power because eventually you know something's going to get wet :)

I am using a cheap power strip now. Just ordered another GFCI one from Amazon. $50...ouch. And MP10 not turning on =(.

My next tank will have a sump and cabinet and lots of room to organize the electricals. I had to take out my ATO recently cuz it randomly won't shut off and because I ran out of outlets in the power strip when I got the skimmer.

I am using a cheap power strip now. Just ordered another GFCI one from Amazon. $50...ouch. And MP10 not turning on =(.

My next tank will have a sump and cabinet and lots of room to organize the electricals. I had to take out my ATO recently cuz it randomly won't shut off and because I ran out of outlets in the power strip when I got the skimmer.

Need power strips with more outlets, too!! I had to add a second one this week. Ugh, my ugly wires drive me crazy!!

Need power strips with more outlets, too!! I had to add a second one this week. Ugh, my ugly wires drive me crazy!!

yea, i dont even have much room in the back of the tank for wires and stuff. it's definitely a fire safety violation...haha.

Before I put in my Apex under the cabinet, the space behind my tank was this huge rats nest of power cables. You literally couldn't even see the power strip :D

Blah, that sucks, Ninja :( hopefully the MP10 just needs some drying out time?

MP10 might not be toast, possibly just the power supply, just a thought.good luck

Yea, I think it's just the power supply. I know a local reefer that has a MP10 too so I am gonna bring the driver over to his house tonight to see if it works. Pretty sure the wet and dry sides are ok.

Yeah, it would be very unlikely for the wet side to get fried. You can get those power supplies super cheap on Amazon. Just have to match up the voltage, current, and connector type.

Yeah, it would be very unlikely for the wet side to get fried. You can get those power supplies super cheap on Amazon. Just have to match up the voltage, current, and connector type.

yup, it's just the power supply. lucky for me, the dude has an extra power supply from a mp10 that went dead last year. SCORE for me. gave him $20 and walked out with a smile.

on another note, LFS got some halloween urchin in....tempting. but read too much horror stories of urchins bulldozing through corals and hoarding them on their back...haha.

Good deal on the PSU for the mp10 man. Always nice. Just curious have you looked into the RW-4 at all ?! It's a really nice pump for the price.

Awesome news on your MP10! I know what you mean about the urchin. I hear great things about how they eat algae, but all the pictures seem to show them hijacking corals and carrying them off to parts unknown :)

Great news about the easy fix on the MP10!!!!! My urchin has been pretty well behaved...but most of my corals are glued down well. But there are a few that aren't and it's left them alone.

What does a Halloween urchin look like? Orange and black????

Awesome news on your MP10! I know what you mean about the urchin. I hear great things about how they eat algae, but all the pictures seem to show them hijacking corals and carrying them off to parts unknown :)

Or other things like tiny plastic cups...

Archived