Coral Vue Hydros

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

I hope my clam will last 1.5 years too! So far it seems to be doing good. I am wondering if I need to feed it or is light enough. It's about 3 inches right now which is borderline on whether it requires additional feeding...

I would definitely feed it. Live phytoplankton and the liquid oyster feast is what mine have been growing on :). I feed them 3 times a week. Skimmer off for several hours afterwards.
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks! I use a Nikon D7000 with Nikon 24-120mm f4 and Tamron 60mm f2.8 macro.

How about I give you a nice colony of my paly's for using your camera to take some pics of my tank. My potato phone camera is no good.

I would definitely feed it. Live phytoplankton and the liquid oyster feast is what mine have been growing on :). I feed them 3 times a week. Skimmer off for several hours afterwards.

hmm...I have Two Little Fishies PhytoPlan. I will start with that. I read people making a feeding dome out of juice bottles. Will try that too.

How about I give you a nice colony of my paly's for using your camera to take some pics of my tank. My potato phone camera is no good.

What?! Your pics look pretty good in ur thread.

hmm...I have Two Little Fishies PhytoPlan. I will start with that. I read people making a feeding dome out of juice bottles. Will try that too.

I have done this with my acans! Small 10oz juice bottles (would be too small for a clam) work great! I can feed my acans and my hermits cant steal from them!!

Some reef updates and pictures

• Trimmed off all the xenia on top cuz they were getting out of control!
  • GSP spreading like crazy. Been trimming and gluing to the backwall.
  • Broke my birdnest in two cuz it got too big. Gave away one half.
  • Got a new clam =).
  • Got new frogspawns =).
  • Got new orange plate =).
  • Got new dendros but they not opening =(.

New FTS

16224047346_41304cf1c2.jpg

Tooo much corals....

16063815999_5484c04352.jpg

Love my euphyllias

16063817959_134f0553ce.jpg

My fav new frogspawn from fellow nanoreefer

16063817329_a039ccdb6b.jpg

Blasto garden doing well

16062571130_57cc7b57d8.jpg

Rainbow maxi mini

16062417748_00a548912f.jpg

Clam, it's not gaping right???

16062416248_da54bb5452.jpg

My very first RFA still doing well

16062567870_eccf7446e9.jpg

Orange plate with purple tips

16249113792_870a614169.jpg

You got a lid? How do you keep your firefish in?

Hey ninja I have my hammer on the far left... It looks great and healthy but I'm not sure if it's wanting more light cuz it really STRETCHES out. Wondering if I should move it into higher flow and higher light? Thanks

My choice was greatly influenced by your tank, jcusmarine's, and zrogst's =)

Hey ninja I have my hammer on the far left... It looks great and healthy but I'm not sure if it's wanting more light cuz it really STRETCHES out. Wondering if I should move it into higher flow and higher light? Thanks

Indirect flow would be best. Mine puffs up more if not much flow.

Dem blastos, dem frogspawns, dem rics... Love it! I always forget, what is your flow like in this thing? Pretty high?

I have a MP10 running at just the 2nd blue dot so flow is pretty good since my tank is so shallow.

14992331753_ffcdda2962_z.jpg

You are an artist! This is probably one of my favorite tanks on this site. If my tank ever looks half as good as this one I'll be so proud. Keep up the good work.

You are an artist! This is probably one of my favorite tanks on this site. If my tank ever looks half as good as this one I'll be so proud. Keep up the good work.

Thanks! Your tank is looking great too, and lobster > all.

Thanks! Your tank is looking great too, and lobster > all.

Thanks, the lobster is definitely my favorite and he's well behaved around the coral and so far he hasn't had an appetite for any of the other inverts.

How do you get your RFA to stay in the sand?!?!

Mine have both headed for the rocks, deep into the crevices. I'm getting worried about my little pink striped one because it's definitely not opening up or grabbing food like it used to. :(

I put it on a small rock in the beginning and it slided off the rock and stuck itself to the sand. My sandbed is really shallow, 1/2 inch in one spots so it stuck its foot on the bottom of the tank. I know 1stimereefer has a lot of her RFAs on the sandbed too. I been itching to do a RFA + sexy shrimp tank with just sand =P

I put it on a small rock in the beginning and it slided off the rock and stuck itself to the sand. My sandbed is really shallow, 1/2 inch in one spots so it stuck its foot on the bottom of the tank. I know 1stimereefer has a lot of her RFAs on the sandbed too. I been itching to do a RFA + sexy shrimp tank with just sand =P

Ah... hmm... my sand is more like 2-2.5 inches deep. Maybe that's why they moved up to the rock.

How do you get your RFA to stay in the sand?!?!

Mine have both headed for the rocks, deep into the crevices. I'm getting worried about my little pink striped one because it's definitely not opening up or grabbing food like it used to. :(

mine has taken a walkabout again. it is

squished between the rock and glass and in

sand right now. it's "cuddle" neighbor is simply

getting too big.

if your pink striped isn't acting herself, depending

on how long she's been hiding, i'd consider taking her

out and maybe quaratining her. i'm assuming if she's

starting to get bleached, because that's no good. they

don't do well in shade for very long.

my walkabout anemone didn't stay in the back for more

than 2 days before walking up front again.

mine has taken a walkabout again. it is

squished between the rock and glass and in

sand right now. it's "cuddle" neighbor is simply

getting too big.

if your pink striped isn't acting herself, depending

on how long she's been hiding, i'd consider taking her

out and maybe quaratining her. i'm assuming if she's

starting to get bleached, because that's no good. they

don't do well in shade for very long.

my walkabout anemone didn't stay in the back for more

than 2 days before walking up front again.

To me, she is starting to fade. But she's in such a hidey hole that I have no idea how I would get her out.

I'll try to get pics and perhaps I'll post them in the nem thread for help this weekend...

To me, she is starting to fade. But she's in such a hidey hole that I have no idea how I would get her out.

I'll try to get pics and perhaps I'll post them in the nem thread for help this weekend...

My maxi mini crawled under a ledge for a good two months. Came back out all bleached, but has recovered nicely. It's the rainbow nem in my latest pics. So hopefully yours will come out when it gets pissy.

Archived