Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need a macro lens and your skills. I can't imagine what you could do w/ my rfa tank, once I get rid of the cyano from hell.

NOOOO !! Acans,all the Acans :D but if Zoa's puss you off lol don't even try sps. Or Chalices would be kick ass too.. Oh the choices lol.

NOOOO !! Acans,all the Acans :D but if Zoa's puss you off lol don't even try sps. Or Chalices would be kick ass too.. Oh the choices lol.

Not a huge fan of acans either...not sure why though. Leaning toward chalice but they are kinda boring?

Honestly,out of all the LPS both are the most colorful. I like Acan's because they're cheap,grow super fast,able to make your money back off of them and add some movement to the tank. Chalices are nice,colorful but can be slow growers but you're able to frag and make your money back but the upfront cost can be outrageous.

It all boils down to what you want. I personally love Acan's and can never get enough,that's just me though lol.

NO MORE ZOAS FOR ME. Some are doing great, some are sickly looking. They are so finicky and unpredictable. What should I hoard next??? chalice? SPS? leptrastrea?

But they look happy in the FTS?????

I don't think you have the space for a chalice collection. SPS would be cool but a challenge.

Leptastrea are pretty and I also like Kim's suggestion of gorgonians :).

More gorgs? Try your hand at a blueberry or other nps!! ;)

I love the gorgs in my Spec V so I may add some to this tank too =). How fast do they grow? Maybe I can frag the ones in the Spec after 6 months....

Your photos are always so striking :wub:

Thanks!!

But they look happy in the FTS?????

I don't think you have the space for a chalice collection. SPS would be cool but a challenge.

Leptastrea are pretty and I also like Kim's suggestion of gorgonians :).

They are doing ok in here but in my Spec V, they are not doing so well lately. Do you miss yours after you gave some away??

I love the gorgs in my Spec V so I may add some to this tank too =). How fast do they grow? Maybe I can frag the ones in the Spec after 6 months....

Hmm... I dunno, I haven't compared growth pics on mine yet...

Could do more RFAs too!!

Sorry about the clam. Can't see the pics from work, do you have a photostream on Flickr and a link to your flickr page I can see? FOr some reason the main flickr page and photostreams aren't blocked for me.

Sorry about the clam. Can't see the pics from work, do you have a photostream on Flickr and a link to your flickr page I can see? FOr some reason the main flickr page and photostreams aren't blocked for me.

try this https://www.flickr.com/photos/40199713@N03/=)

Hmm... I dunno, I haven't compared growth pics on mine yet...

Could do more RFAs too!!

RFAs move around too much!

They are doing ok in here but in my Spec V, they are not doing so well lately. Do you miss yours after you gave some away??

I kept my favorites so no, didn't miss them :). You can't even tell I got rid of a bunch now.

one of my firefish passed away today =(. fed them last night and they were both eating great. no aggression issues between any of the fish. this really really sucks. they were both doing so well and paired off.

one of my firefish passed away today =(. fed them last night and they were both eating great. no aggression issues between any of the fish. this really really sucks. they were both doing so well and paired off.

Sorry about the firefish. Any idea what happened?

Coral Scaper

Just like to say you have a beautiful tank! Top notch photography as well. What camera do you use?

Sorry to hear about your firefish, it sucks loosing fish.

Are these just sensitive fish? Sorry you lost another.

This is the 3rd one I lost in this tank =(. First one died from ich, forgot what happened to 2nd one but there was a reason. This time it's just so random. Only new one I added recently was the oxydator and there's no way that would affect just ONE of the firefish.

Just like to say you have a beautiful tank! Top notch photography as well. What camera do you use?

Sorry to hear about your firefish, it sucks loosing fish.

Thanks! I use a Nikon D7000 with Tamron 60mm macro lens.

Took out my dusty macro lens. Lots of photos. Enjoy.

Slowly turning the top of the left rock into SPS land...

16874726866_e5c6e09690.jpg

Lime light staghorn

16712947518_fef3985663.jpg

Mystic montipora coloring up real nicely. Looks even better in person. Just wish it will grow faster!

16278217164_c1a1a21f70.jpg

Green montipora cap with BLUE polyps. Also a nice red planet acro on the right.

16278223844_946ae49e6c.jpg

Birdnest over zoa garden

16693267477_cba8a7f9e5.jpg

Sunny D colony that I got for $35 two weeks ago. Really hope I can keep the color this vibrant. My other sunny ds are more dull...

16899383412_b7c5d646e4.jpg

Close up of the gold maul zoas.
16714470509_c79777c821.jpg

Encrusting gonipora. VERY hardy. Got stung real bad by hammer a couple of months ago but made a full recovery.

16280620923_ff59ae5fe3.jpg

Yellowish leptrastrea.

16278246334_bed5ec9383.jpg

Hammer + Frogspawn

16899600921_8364a29565.jpg

Pedersen Shrimp "dancing" on the hammer

16693277427_b14f923415.jpg

Orange plate

16713198020_e139f12c3f.jpg

I know sometimes my photos look "photoshopped" but here's that orange plate in Lightroom with minimal editing. I increased the Fill Light / Brightness by only a tad and Clarity for sharpness. Shallow tank + top down + Nanobox = win.

16874749586_3a4883955a.jpg

Archived