Pod Your Reef

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

At least you tried to feel better by buying something but if those properties didn't work out it's because there is a better option for you. That's how the universe works.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the loses. did the red planet come out of the tank and that's what caused the RTN ?

yea, it was out of the tank for 20 mins or so. It went completely white but is slowly recovering...I thought once SPS RTN, it's gone.

yea, it was out of the tank for 20 mins or so. It went completely white but is slowly recovering...I thought once SPS RTN, it's gone.

That's pretty much been my experience - excellent if it's coming back ? that's great news

had a pretty bad weekend...

we hadour hearts set on a house thats only 30 mins from work and in Bucktown, one of the hottest neighborhood in Chicago. Went to see it and it was next to the train and every 5 mins the whole house vibrates with a loud rattling noise from the train. SIGH. To top if off, 3 houses we been on the fence about just went pending and now there's not much inventory left.

went to Aquapros Sunday and got a neon dottyback, the fish I been wanting. Also picked up a zoa frag, some coral glue, and some Rod's food. 5 hours later, the dottyback jumped even though I have the lid on. It's the same way my firefish jumped through the slit in the top caused by the mounts for the light. Sigh. I only went for the fish and ended up buying other stuff I dont really need.

my frogspawns are not doing so well. lost a couple more heads. hammer is doing good though.

This reminds me of the first time we were house hunting. Found a nice house out in the country but it was right next to train tracks! And the house was on the main road with the crossing gates/lights right there. And a train went by when we were looking at the house.....BLARING it's horn LOL. That was a definite NO. Your house is still out there :grouphug:.

This reminds me of the first time we were house hunting. Found a nice house out in the country but it was right next to train tracks! And the house was on the main road with the crossing gates/lights right there. And a train went by when we were looking at the house.....BLARING it's horn LOL. That was a definite NO. Your house is still out there :grouphug:.

I am starting to lean towards moving again. Property tax in Chicago and surrounding suburbs is insane. For a $500k house, property tax can be up to $12k a year; that's $1k a month added to your mortgage. That's like having a second mortgage for eternity!

And all the recent news about how Chicago is in major debt due to pensions is scary. We already have the highest sales tax in the country and now we even get taxed on internet entertainment like Netflix and Spotify!

Bought a house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will be closing in October. Will be getting a Red Sea Reefer 250 in white to match the new kitchen.

ISxbntiwlb4hrf1000000000.jpg

The tank will go along the wall where the outlet is

IStousjkzios7g1000000000.jpg

So excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So... farther from me :(

Guess we'll have to organize more meetups at Reefwise and AquaPros!!

It's actually the same travel time to Reefwise. 35 mins without traffic either way...key point being no traffic...haha.

Wow Ninja, that house is beautiful! I can't wait to see how the tank looks when you guys get everything moved and set up. I'm sure it will be breathtaking!

Thanks! Since you been to my place, to put things into perspective, I think the kitchen + living room in the new place is about the same size as my entire condo now....hahah.

It's actually the same travel time to Reefwise. 35 mins without traffic either way...key point being no traffic...haha.

Thanks! Since you been to my place, to put things into perspective, I think the kitchen + living room in the new place is about the same size as my entire condo now....hahah.

Wow! That will be a nice change for you though I'm sure. Lots more room for the pups, kittens and fish! Those stairs are really gorgeous, how many bedrooms is this? I think a reefing house warming party should be arranged! Lol

Pssssssh, what's it like to be rich, bro?

Kidding ;) , congrats on the sweet new house and coming tank! Excited to see the build!

Wow! That will be a nice change for you though I'm sure. Lots more room for the pups, kittens and fish! Those stairs are really gorgeous, how many bedrooms is this? I think a reefing house warming party should be arranged! Lol

4 bedrooms. Reef party at my place!

Pssssssh, what's it like to be rich, bro?

lol. we got lucky with this house cuz it's in the suburbs and by the airport. We saw other places in the city in the same price range and they are kind of dumpy. and for sure, i am not rich after buying the house now...haha

BRO. YOU'RE SO RICH YOU DON'T EVEN NEED ME TO BUILD YOU THE FURNITURE. JUST GO BUY BOSSASS FURNITURE TO MATCH THE HOUSE MAN!

I am gonna have to Ikea and craigslist the whole place to save money for the down payment...hahahah. The house looks great, but just for comparison, here's a kitchen for a place we looked at in the city that's even more expensive than this house. It's still pretty nice but just to show don't judge my wealth from my new kitchen =P. hahah.

IS568w8dzgi11r1000000000.jpg

Beautiful home!!!!!!

Screw the red sea reefer. You need something like 8 feet long to cover that wall!!!! 96"x30"x18" Starfire rimless tank all the way lmao

Archived