Coral Vue Hydros

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

Spent all day researching stuff to buy for new build. And all I got was 4 boxes of Reef Crystal 200 gallons for $40 a box.

Oh well, some pics of the tank:

Frag city...

21175611955_e929d457da.jpg

Plate Buddies

20552930704_e775eb5aa6.jpg

New zoas

20554475213_b4a68c5bb0.jpg

New monti...really worried the color is already fading a little

21183416691_4df70e7974.jpg

New digi

20987668288_ec0c68cdbd.jpg

Stunning as always! Love that new red digi :)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sooo yea...I tried changing my delivery option online but nope...MarineDepot specifically requested that I can not change anything. I can't even have it be delivered to an access point for pickup. I called UPS and they couldn't do it either. The lady said she will put in a special request and hope it goes through.

Epic fail.

I probably have to buy my tank from MarineDepot since they are the only online vendor selling it, but I will use BRS for everything else.

Hi Ninjamyst,

Per our PM yesterday, we can definitely have the package set for pick up at the UPS center. If this cannot be done on the UPS website, please give us a call at 800-566-3474 and we will be happy to assist you in making this arrangement.

Hi Ninjamyst,

Per our PM yesterday, we can definitely have the package set for pick up at the UPS center. If this cannot be done on the UPS website, please give us a call at 800-566-3474 and we will be happy to assist you in making this arrangement.

UPS was able to change it. Hopefully picking it up tonight. sorry for the bashing but signature required is a huge pet peeve of mine, especially when it's required by seller.

Where'd you get your zoas from?

From a local breaking down his tank.

UPS was able to change it. Hopefully picking it up tonight. sorry for the bashing but signature required is a huge pet peeve of mine, especially when it's required by seller.

From a local breaking down his tank.

Hi ninjamyst,

We appreciate the update and are glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. We definitely try and make things as easy as possible. In this case, it was a high-valued shipment where we wanted to ensure its safe delivery.

If you have any questions, concerns or feedback, definitely feel free to reach out to us.

Hi ninjamyst,

We appreciate the update and are glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. We definitely try and make things as easy as possible. In this case, it was a high-valued shipment where we wanted to ensure its safe delivery.

If you have any questions, concerns or feedback, definitely feel free to reach out to us.

Got the package last night. All is forgiven with the kickass t-shirt. I am glad it's not snow white but a off white. I was going to hook everything up before my vacation next week but realized I don't have space on my fireplace for all the equipment. The DOS unit is bigger than I thought...

Got the package last night. All is forgiven with the kickass t-shirt. I am glad it's not snow white but a off white. I was going to hook everything up before my vacation next week but realized I don't have space on my fireplace for all the equipment. The DOS unit is bigger than I thought...

Thank you again for following up! We're stoked you like the shirt. :grouphug: What are you planning to use the DOS system for, if we may pry? ;)

yes, they totally freak me out. I dont even want to put my hands in the tank if I know there are worms in the rock. I guess I been watching Strain on FX too much....

Worms don't bother me :). Probably because when I was a kid, I helped my dad hunt for night crawlers "late" at night after a thunderstorm :). I've been desensitized.

When is move-in day?

Worms don't bother me :). Probably because when I was a kid, I helped my dad hunt for night crawlers "late" at night after a thunderstorm :). I've been desensitized.

When is move-in day?

I am ok with nighcrawlers too. Use to go fishing with my dad all the time. I think it's the tiny legs / bristles on the side of worms that I can't stand.

We are closing on the 5th and moving in on the 10th. Going to Disney World next week too so jam packed weeks ahead for us. But very excited!

I am ok with nighcrawlers too. Use to go fishing with my dad all the time. I think it's the tiny legs / bristles on the side of worms that I can't stand.

We are closing on the 5th and moving in on the 10th. Going to Disney World next week too so jam packed weeks ahead for us. But very excited!

All of these years in the hobby, I've managed to never get a bristle stuck to me :).

So exciting about the move and everything :happydance:.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Disney World! A great trip with my wife. Some pics =).

21850133016_40243afdcf.jpg

Epcot at dusk

21253551784_ce43916492.jpg

Fireworks at Magic Kingdom

21255214903_f2268b5f43.jpg

Main coral tank at Epcot / Finding Nemo. Years of growth.

21253551584_a7e6ea41b3.jpg

They have their own frag tank! Even a clownfish breeder tank.

21688235480_421485d085.jpg

These are sooo cute! They are poisonous though.

21885915621_6c66861778.jpg

My tanks didn't do so well, which happens every time I go out of town. My wife's dad is seriously senile or something. I gave him specific instructions to use the RODI water to refill the tank. Came back and both jugs still full so he probably used tap water...sigh. Algae galore...Oh well.

I love Disney! And I love adults that love to go to Disney. One of my favorite memories is the first time my own kids were old enough to go - I think I may have had even more fun than they did :)

Great pictures, too :D

I love Disney! And I love adults that love to go to Disney. One of my favorite memories is the first time my own kids were old enough to go - I think I may have had even more fun than they did :)

Great pictures, too :D

It was our first time but definitely wont be our last. Epcot is my favorite park, especially since we can walk there from the Boardwalk hotel.

Disney!!! Still my favorite vacation! When's the closing? And what tank you pick?

Closing next Monday. Gonna order the Red Sea Reefer 350 this weekend =). My preorder for Kessil AP700 should be shipping out soon too.

Any reason you went with the Kessil over a nanobox quad or hybrid?

The tank is 48" so the standard Nanobox Quad or Hybrid won't cover that. Dave did offer to make me a custom long Quad, but I figure I try out Kessil to see what the hype is all about.

Archived