Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

Disaster already =(. I filled the tank last night and everything is great. Took forever for me to make that much water. Wife is gonna kill me when we get the water bill. This morning I heard this dripping sound from the sump. I drained out enough water from the tank so I can completely drain the overflow box. Unscrewed the return pipe and the o-ring fell out, broken. The system has some kind of locking mechanism to prevent counter-rotation so I can't completely unscrew the return pipe and put in a new o-ring....what do i do???????

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hm, sounds like you'd have to contact the tank manufacturer & see what they do if/when it happens. As still under warranty maybe they have some ideas.

Disaster already =(. I filled the tank last night and everything is great. Took forever for me to make that much water. Wife is gonna kill me when we get the water bill. This morning I heard this dripping sound from the sump. I drained out enough water from the tank so I can completely drain the overflow box. Unscrewed the return pipe and the o-ring fell out, broken. The system has some kind of locking mechanism to prevent counter-rotation so I can't completely unscrew the return pipe and put in a new o-ring....what do i do???????

Just intercept the water bill and she wont know!

I have no advice for the other part... :(

Is it threaded near the oring? If so pick up some plumbers/teflon tape. Make sure to apply it the correct way so it wont just come off when tightening back down. Then hit Red Sea up Monday!

• 2 months later...

i have xenia too...

but this tank is looking goooood again. the sandbed is clear. i really miss this tank.

It is looking rather amazing ;). I off loaded all of my Xenia on Saturday. Now I just need to spot kill what appears in the new tank.

Does peroxide do anything against GSP in your experience? I've put full strength peroxide on GSP frags for up to a minute with no ill effects to get rid of gha. I guess you're leaving it on longer?

Edit: never mind. I figured it out. Peroxide for the algae, razor blade for the gsp :)

I miss top down shots sooo much. After scrubbing rock with H202 and 2 bags of Chemipure Blue Nano, the water is CRYSTAL clear. Wow, I wish I can get the water in my 75 gallons this clear.

I am loving the clean sandbed without frag plugs everywhere. I plan to keep it clean and just fill up the rocks with zoas.

I never notice how off center the mount for the nanobox duo is till now. Kinda driving me nuts.

23958613219_fce2336294_z.jpg

Maxi-mini garden still doing great

23958619259_5d6a8aceb3_z.jpg

24326440145_a922cd5af1_z.jpg

Zoa survivors

24326443765_ba06941537_z.jpg

Lost a few rics but these are coloring back up

23958629149_e61fb65cf6_z.jpg

Tank is sitting on a low cabinet so makes it even easier to take top down pics

23958632219_9495a28ed0_z.jpg

Green cynastrea did not like being out of water for 15 mins...sigh.

23958616369_6af5be1ca5_z.jpg

Less is more, I know what you mean, I also like the look of the clean look w/ no frags sitting around. I want to get back to some of that for my tanks too.

How many mini maxis can you fit in a 10 gallon tank?

I'm just asking for a friend...

hahah. as many as your friend wants. i got mine from Morgan at Reef Gardener. only she carries the yellow / orange ones. most of the ones i see in stores are purple / green.

• 3 weeks later...

Omg its been so long since I been back on the forum. This totally is what happened to my tank as aglea overtook rock and killed zoa :( I only have 2 types left. Did a clean a few days ago and trying to keep on top of everything.

Looking at your tank is already motivating me to stay on top of the algea.

Keep up the great picc!!!

Omg its been so long since I been back on the forum. This totally is what happened to my tank as aglea overtook rock and killed zoa :( I only have 2 types left. Did a clean a few days ago and trying to keep on top of everything.

Looking at your tank is already motivating me to stay on top of the algea.

Keep up the great picc!!!

wow, where you been! i started a new tank build so this doesn't get much attention anymore =P.

Archived