Cultivated Reef

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang, I'm going to miss this beautiful tank, but concentrating on the big tank sounds like a no-brainer at this point.

Oh, just not right. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do. We'll miss it too. This tank became you, who you are, your style. Now it'll be even more grand in the big tank.

i just dont know what to do with the rocks. there's a good amount of hair algae. i dont want to sell algae infested rock to someone. there are hundreds of dollars worth of zoas on one of the rock. the other rock has 3 ultra maxi mini anemones.

HarryPotter

i just dont know what to do with the rocks. there's a good amount of hair algae. i dont want to sell algae infested rock to someone. there are hundreds of dollars worth of zoas on one of the rock. the other rock has 3 ultra maxi mini anemones.

I would give the Zoa rocks a H2O2 dip and see what happens...

If it's just GHA it's not a big deal as a tang or snails will eat it?

I would give the Zoa rocks a H2O2 dip and see what happens...

If it's just GHA it's not a big deal as a tang or snails will eat it?

I also have some encrusted red planet and cynastrea on it. I guess I can just nuke the rock with H202 like you said.

damn it, why am i looking at IM Lagoon 25 tank on MarineDepot.

Trust me, you aren't the only one, although I'm looking at Canadian websites.

each rock is in a 5 gallon bucket. gonna do 2 - 3 days light out. SPS will probably all die but whatever. just want to save the rocks and zoas and maxi mini.

+1 on H202 to kill the GHA. It won't even phase the zoos, though I don't know how the SPS will react. You can try to drop a sea hare in there too, they love the H202 nuked algae. It's like putting butter on popcorn... for a sea-slug!

gulfsurfer101

You could always pop that red planet right off and toss it in another tank. Too big then break out the hacksaw! Hate to see good sps go to waste.

Don't toss the rocks man,you can battle it,just do the lights out and dose peroxide and things should be fine. As for the red planet,just frag it and transfer it to the bigger tank or the fluval.

The red planet has only been encrusting =(. I will do H202 dip on the whole rock and frag off as many zoas as I can before selling the rock locally. Can I H202 dip a rock with maxi mini on it???

Honestly,I know the struggle. I'm battling about 4-5 different types of algae at the moment lol. I move in a week and idk what I'm going to do...

As for the Maxi's I don't see why not maybe they'll move and you won't have to worry about them ?!

Elizabeth94

Oh no :( well I guess I agree with a lot of people here, it would be better for you to put a little more focus/time/money on the new reefer. I have done an H2O2 dip with an acro before and everything went fine. I probably didn't use as much as I could have, but it survived. But, don't blame me if your red planet dies haha..

Hm, I thought I read somewhere that said dipping anemones in peroxide was a bad idea. Idk, have to go see if I can find the write up I read. Unless someone here has done it themselves.

Edit: can't find the write up, I usually save that kind of stuff in a folder. Maybe I was hallucinating.

Elizabeth94

Still good news. You found someone pretty fast imo. I actually had such a hard time finding someone who wanted a drilled 29gal w/overflow sump and plumbing, i took it off the market. It has been sitting in my basement for a few years without any water in it :(

I am almost thinking about just trashing it. At this point I would give it all away for nothing.

Still good news. You found someone pretty fast imo. I actually had such a hard time finding someone who wanted a drilled 29gal w/overflow sump and plumbing, i took it off the market. It has been sitting in my basement for a few years without any water in it :(

I am almost thinking about just trashing it. At this point I would give it all away for nothing.

I only found someone to buy the livestock. The tank I plan to just give away to someone that can repair it and reuse it. But selling tanks is always harder than selling livestock.

Archived