Cultivated Reef

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

WOW! Reefer 350 with that new kessil is going to be insane!

Live rock or dry rock? ;)

Dry, I hate pests...even bristle worms. Will go ReefCleaner dry rock. Minimum scape. 2-3 islands in the middle leaving plenty of sandbed at the two ends and swimming alleys between the islands.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was doing some measurement for a sofa for the new house. My wife was like "you need a really big tank or the sofa gonna dwarf your tank. 48 inches isn't that big." Then I told her that 48" tank is almost 2k already. She walked away.

yes i have! i was gonna get a CADLight tank but too many horror stories about their plumbing and they stopped making tanks in the dimensions I want. My first choice was 70g Artisan II until I saw the Red Sea Reefers.

just picked up a nice 6 inch across red monti cap for $15 =). no idea to mount it...hope it holds its color for 2 more months just lying on the sandbed

Nice size!!!!

It will be fine :). I had frags of monticap on my sandbed.

This guy is breaking down his tank and he's selling EVERYTHING for $180 TOTAL. Yes, all the live rocks and corals below for $180. I took anything that's not attached to the rock. You can see the monti cap below. It's HUGE. Also got 3 frags of 15-20 polyps of bright colored zoas for $10 each. and 15 heads of teal trumpet for $15. I want those blastos in the middle so bad...but it's all encrusted on the rock. The picture below does not do this tank justice. I wish I have my big tank now, I will buy it all.

post-80532-0-77227200-1441251461_thumb.jpg

Omgsh that house!! omgomgomg:wub: It's gorgeous! Congrats!

I agree with everyone else, you need a BIG tank to fill up that wall space! The new Red Sea tanks seem to be more customizable

Nice price for sure. I'm gonna try sell my 4" monticap for $50 at my local reef mtg in another week, knowing they can frag it up and sell. Hopefully I get an offer.

Nice price for sure. I'm gonna try sell my 4" monticap for $50 at my local reef mtg in another week, knowing they can frag it up and sell. Hopefully I get an offer.

That's really cool your local reef club do meet ups.

So a bit of trouble with the house. The appraisal came in lower than the selling price and the lawyers been going back and forth on some mumble jumble blah with the contract. I guess it's all part of the process...

To cheer myself up, here's my another picture of the kitchen =)

IS1vw42r3rwp7g1000000000.jpg

Omgsh that house!! omgomgomg:wub: It's gorgeous! Congrats!

I agree with everyone else, you need a BIG tank to fill up that wall space! The new Red Sea tanks seem to be more customizable

Thanks and congrats on your TOTM again!

Good Lord, those ceilings! They're gorgeous. It'll work out, just let it do it's thing. You looked hard for a house, this one is still your reward. What an enormous kitchen.

Wow, it looks really nice. Again. More. Don't worry too much about the appraisal. That creates much more pressure on the seller than the buyer. It will work out.

Thanks everyone!

i want a pic of the outside. that kitchen is amazing whoever decorated it and staged it did a great job

I posted one a few pages back but here's another one =P. There's a yard in the back too. Means I actually have to mow the lawn and shovel snow soon...Condo living does have its perks. haha.

ISly8ggrt9ek8g1000000000.jpg

Hope all the confusing legal stuff works out :) But like what teeny said, I think the seller is the one who might have any troubles

THAT KITCHEN :wub: I just noticed the tiled brick wall, what a beautiful kitchen!

The plans for the tank are sounding incredible dude, can't wait to see that... also best choice you'll ever make on starting with dry rock. The one and only thing I'll forever regret :( Looks so much cleaner and you can control it so much more. Cover it in coraline, hah!

Also again house is beautiful :)

Spent all day researching stuff to buy for new build. And all I got was 4 boxes of Reef Crystal 200 gallons for $40 a box.

Oh well, some pics of the tank:

Frag city...

21175611955_e929d457da.jpg

Plate Buddies

20552930704_e775eb5aa6.jpg

New zoas

20554475213_b4a68c5bb0.jpg

New monti...really worried the color is already fading a little

21183416691_4df70e7974.jpg

New digi

20987668288_ec0c68cdbd.jpg

Archived