Cultivated Reef

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats, ninja!!!!! :happydance:

It's gorgeous! What's the floor plan like? Is there a family room to the left of the kitchen (in that bottom photo)? You have plenty of space for those 2 kittens now...no excuses LOL ;). How are they doing?

Congrats, ninja!!!!! :happydance:

It's gorgeous! What's the floor plan like? Is there a family room to the left of the kitchen (in that bottom photo)? You have plenty of space for those 2 kittens now...no excuses LOL ;). How are they doing?

The basement is open and will probably be the family room. The area to the left of the kitchen will be for a big dining table. We can finally host a family dinner!

Need to do a kitty update! They have both been adopted last week. It was a tough decision to let the girl go. She became super clingy and affectionate. The boy was a total rascal, jumping everywhere and running all over. The girl was just soooo sweet. But we decided we can't keep them because my wife wants to continue to foster in the future. Here are some kitten pictures before they left =).

Sassy girl

20047804314_ea834880f7.jpg

Fight!

20661130892_e7574b56e2.jpg

Stalker

20677065891_ee7b6a8895.jpg

Byebye little girl

20482355320_876ecb691e.jpg

You'll get some more pretty babies soon! My issue I'd always wonder how they're doing.

We hope they went to good homes.

I could never foster, it would break my heart to give them up.

It's hard, especially when a bond forms between you and the fosters. We just remind ourselves there are always more animals that need our help.

That's why you gotta adopt them all and become the crazy kat lady!

That's what my wife wants....

Congrats on the house - it looks beautiful! And congrats on placing the kittens - it must be so hard, but now there will be more of them to love :)

Wow man, awesome find on that house. You guys had a bit of a struggle with finding a house, but good things come to those who deserve it. Can't wait to see a beautiful reef setup in that place!

The basement is open and will probably be the family room. The area to the left of the kitchen will be for a big dining table. We can finally host a family dinner!

Need to do a kitty update! They have both been adopted last week. It was a tough decision to let the girl go. She became super clingy and affectionate. The boy was a total rascal, jumping everywhere and running all over. The girl was just soooo sweet. But we decided we can't keep them because my wife wants to continue to foster in the future. Here are some kitten pictures before they left =).

Oh ok...wasn't sure if you had a lot of space to the left. Is it a row house? I've always LOVED those! If I lived in NYC, that's what I'd want :).

My heart broke a little LOL. But, I see why you adopted them out. Looking forward to the next group or pair of kittens :wub:. I still want to foster starting next year :). It will be my yearly kitten fix LOL.

Beautiful new home, ninja! The island in that kitchen, omg, :wub:. Can't wait to see your new tank.

Sad to see the kitties go, but we got our cats from a foster mama so I've got a bit of extra warm & fuzzies for foster parents. Hard to let them go, but you make lots of other people (& kittens) happy.

Tank question. There's a lot of clear mucus like things in my water. It's like snot. I can suck it up but it comes back every day. What's going on???

Oh ok...wasn't sure if you had a lot of space to the left. Is it a row house? I've always LOVED those! If I lived in NYC, that's what I'd want :).

My heart broke a little LOL. But, I see why you adopted them out. Looking forward to the next group or pair of kittens :wub:. I still want to foster starting next year :). It will be my yearly kitten fix LOL.

It's a single family house =). I am tired of sharing walls with neighbors. Promise this is the last pic of the house =P.

ISli4ak9bvhg6f1000000000.jpg

Fostering is awesome and a great way to help animals in need. It's heartbreaking and fulfilling at the same time.

I agree....LOTS of photos of the house please :). It's like real life house hunters and seeing the house in 3 months after you've moved in and done your own thing to it :lol:.

Very pretty house :wub:. Way nicer than my first house, but somehow the styling reminds me of mine. Similar lines :). That front entrance and stone stairway :wub:.

Ok...here's where my mind has gone. That gorgeous front entrance and all those steps. You'll have to sit at the bottom of the stairs on Halloween so the little trick or treaters don't go tumbling down the stairs LOL. And they will...so will the parents LOL.

With so many people talking about moving I really enjoy watching the adventure. See, I knew there was something better around the corner. I love hearing about the excitement of new places, new tanks. New floor plans, wondering where to put tanks. Tomorrow I find out about a different piece of land I found and hope to be posting later that it will be a go.

I agree....LOTS of photos of the house please :). It's like real life house hunters and seeing the house in 3 months after you've moved in and done your own thing to it :lol:.

Very pretty house :wub:. Way nicer than my first house, but somehow the styling reminds me of mine. Similar lines :). That front entrance and stone stairway :wub:.

Ok...here's where my mind has gone. That gorgeous front entrance and all those steps. You'll have to sit at the bottom of the stairs on Halloween so the little trick or treaters don't go tumbling down the stairs LOL. And they will...so will the parents LOL.

We love the double door entrance and wide stairway. Look at the top of the house. There are spot lights surrounding the whole house that light up really pretty at night. My wife and I were just talking about how we actually have to give out candy this Halloween and maybe put an orange tint to the lights up there...not sure how we will get up there though =P.

With so many people talking about moving I really enjoy watching the adventure. See, I knew there was something better around the corner. I love hearing about the excitement of new places, new tanks. New floor plans, wondering where to put tanks. Tomorrow I find out about a different piece of land I found and hope to be posting later that it will be a go.

We are so glad we found this place. It's totally outside our search area, and it was by chance we saw it. It's true what they say. When you walk into the house you going to buy, you just know it. We walked in and within 1 min, I knew this was the one. It's an hour commute for me to work, and it's by the airport with kinda loud noises, but it just felt right. I am now trying to find a stand for this tank and put it in the kitchen. I am so excited for you too with your new place too!

Hope everyone really dont mind more pictures. I dont want people to think I am showing off my house. I am just really excited =).

Here's a pic of the master bathroom. I look forward to soaking in that tub.

IShzi5ijdvnmrf1000000000.jpg

And one of the backyard where the dogs can finally go outside! The builder gonna put a fence around the deck so they dont go under.

IS9tgtzc9nfprf1000000000.jpg

Is it bad that I went on Zillow & found the house?

:ninja: I promise I'm not a stalker.

LOL. You total stalker! You are welcome to come by if you visit Chicago =P.

Archived