Innovative Marine Aquariums

Our "Little Jetty"

eklikewhoa

Think that makes 12 maxi/mini carpets and one RBTA

Will try and get a FTS this evening

Got word there's some anemone shrimp locally so hopefully ill come home with some.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got word there's some anemone shrimp locally so hopefully ill come home with some.

At what store in houston?

icedearth15324

Any advice on getting a RBTA in this tank?

Also, my fluval parts are supposed to be coming in today so I'll hopefully be drilling the hole tonight.

Also, my fluval parts are supposed to be coming in today so I'll hopefully be drilling the hole tonight.

let me know how the drilling went and if its easy. Im waiting on my pump so i can drill the second return hole.

Also does anyone know if 4 stunner strips will be able to keep sps?

does anyone know what that little slit hole near the bottom of the back wall is? is there a way to get a true overflow? seems like the water just sit there and doesnt really skim the top..

At what store in houston?

3CC posted they had some, I went and got it today, should check them out if you are local, very nice zoa/sps frags as well as different shrooms. If you haven't already, also check out houstonfishbox

I have zero advice I can give soundly. I don't follow what "should" or "shouldn't" be done so I couldn't say for sure.

let me know how the drilling went and if its easy. Im waiting on my pump so i can drill the second return hole.

Is your tank filled already? It's a fairly simple process to do, just get a step bit/uni-bit from Harbor freight with a drill and just slowly go at it with a slight bit of pressure.

As for the stunners, I had 6 on my tank and I think it would have sustained them.

does anyone know what that little slit hole near the bottom of the back wall is? is there a way to get a true overflow? seems like the water just sit there and doesnt really skim the top..

It's a poor design. Fill that hole and get a plate/acrylic to raise the water level for the intake grates and it should function as a normal overflow.

Depends on the depth of the tank, how high the light is off the water, if you use the individual reflectors, if they are polished, clarity of your tank water, type of SPS...

I use (6) on a 12" water depth with the light an additional 5" above the water line. Acros, Montis, etc. have been no problem at mid depth and even lower down to the SB for some.

Wow, nice mini-carpets and pics are fantastic!

• Like 1
Grabbed some new inverts that the anemones will host.

Porcelain Anemone Crab (Neopetrolisthes ohshimai)

DSC_1309.jpg

DSC_1310.jpg

DSC_1365.jpg

DSC_1375.jpg

DSC_1380.jpg

DSC_1383.jpg

Anemone shrimp (Periclimenes brevicarpalis)

DSC_1315.jpg

DSC_1321.jpg

DSC_1364.jpg

DSC_1369.jpg

DSC_1401.jpg

DSC_1414_01.jpg

Sexy Shrimp (Thor amboinensis)

DSC_1358.jpg

DSC_1394.jpg
  • Like 1

Some other random frags, told myself not to allow myself to get any zoas cause the urge to collect them all comes out and I'll be broke but these were nice and at a steal of a deal.

DSC_1424.jpg

DSC_1407.jpg

DSC_1397.jpg

• Like 3

The kit lens right now 10-30mm with a 10x filter/magnifier to allow me to get up against the glass.

I think some of the pictures were taken with the 10mm 2.8 pancake.

Debating whether if I should go get the 30-110mm.

3CC posted they had some, I went and got it today, should check them out if you are local, very nice zoa/sps frags as well as different shrooms. If you haven't already, also check out houstonfishbox

I have zero advice I can give soundly. I don't follow what "should" or "shouldn't" be done so I couldn't say for sure.

Is your tank filled already? It's a fairly simple process to do, just get a step bit/uni-bit from Harbor freight with a drill and just slowly go at it with a slight bit of pressure.

As for the stunners, I had 6 on my tank and I think it would have sustained them.

It's a poor design. Fill that hole and get a plate/acrylic to raise the water level for the intake grates and it should function as a normal overflow.

my tank is already fill, would it still be possible to drill it? how can i fill that hole with a filled tank, any suggestions??

my tank is already fill, would it still be possible to drill it? how can i fill that hole with a filled tank, any suggestions??

I drilled mine when it was filled, just drained it about halfway and then used napkins to catch anything that fell into the water. As for the lower hole, you can use coral putty if something is gonna cover it later.

icedearth15324

Just drilled my hole for the second pump. My tank was also full. Just drained it about halfway.

I had a piece of acrylic laying around that I held below the hole to catch anything. I then had a sponge in the overflow box to catch any shavings. I got probably like 98% of them.

I filled the hole below with coral putty, and I honestly don't mind it looking like that. It works for me. Hardest part is getting the acrylic to stay behind the overflow vents so the water level is higher.

Some other random frags, told myself not to allow myself to get any zoas cause the urge to collect them all comes out and I'll be broke but these were nice and at a steal of a deal.

DSC_1424.jpgDSC_1407.jpgDSC_1397.jpg

Where did you get these? We're they expensive??

How much were the zoa frags.

Where did you get these? We're they expensive??

I got them from 3CC, not sure how much they were cause I went through and grabbed a bunch of stuff but I do know that my total was far less than what I expected.

Woah, nice zoas. Especially that first one. I envy you people that get selections like that without having to order online.

Lucky that we have a few hobbyist turned full blown addicts!

We have a surprising amount of saltwater people local to this area (very backwoods), but not many know what's actually available in the hobby because they only go by what's available to this area. Hell, I got all excited today when I found some blue anthelia here (picking up some tomorrow). You ask people what's in their tank and its all gsp, xenia, anthelia, button polyps (brown), maybe some shrooms, possibly a leather. Nobody knows what they could have because they've never seen anything else.

So yeah, I envy you.

We have a surprising amount of saltwater people local to this area (very backwoods), but not many know what's actually available in the hobby because they only go by what's available to this area. Hell, I got all excited today when I found some blue anthelia here (picking up some tomorrow). You ask people what's in their tank and its all gsp, xenia, anthelia, button polyps (brown), maybe some shrooms, possibly a leather. Nobody knows what they could have because they've never seen anything else. So yeah, I envy you.

You have my sympathy then, I don't think I could have lasted this long if it weren't for the excitement of driving across town and hitting up all the LFS on the way hoping to find that jewel.

On a lighter note, not to rub it in... LoL

DSC_1446.jpg

DSC_1438.jpg

Forgot to mention, I LOVE that anemone shrimp.

Thank you!

Me too! Me and the LFS thinks they are a pair or at least M/F. Got two of them.

icedearth15324

Everytime I come into this thread I keep seeing more and more awesome stuff. Your tank is one of the many tanks that continues to give me inspiration on my tank and keeps giving me purpose in building my nano.

I'm going to a LFS that's a little farther for the first time tomorrow. Can't wait to find out what little gems I can get.

Archived