Coral Vue Hydros

Our "Little Jetty"

eklikewhoa

believe it or not but the 445nm color can penetrate the water more than the whites. but anyways im looking into picking up some blue/magenta pros how do you like your magentas?

Right now I have just the 445nm, the magenta/12000k is scheduled to be here today so I'll update when it gets here. Plan on building the mount once it does.

You'd be surprised at the PAR coming from these humble strips with polished reflectors (see my thread pg 18 for PAR numbers without polished reflectors...add another 15% for polished onto the PAR numbers). You can easily bleach stationary corals if not careful.

If you are using the polished reflectors, I'd remove them. If the nems/maxis don't come back out in a week try shortening the photoperiod a few hours (or raise the fixture...whatever works) to let them adjust, then slowly give them more light each week until back to a normal period. Once they are acclimated to the new light, add the reflectors and lower the photo period to maybe 5 hrs (or raise fixture) and gradually increase back to normal over the next few weeks.

Not sure if the nems will be coming back out, the maxi's are in caves pretty far in and doesn't look like theyll be coming back out.

I will give the removing of reflectors a try, I polished them after seeing your thread and it looks visually brighter!

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just took delivery of the magenta/12000k strip and not quite sure how I feel about it, I'm thinking I should have went with the magenta/blue combo.

The 12000k washes out the 445nm that I have added and then the magenta just overpowers the 445nm from there. I like the hint of magenta but like the 445nm a bit more.

Might be returning this in favor of the magenta/blue strip.

Just took delivery of the magenta/12000k strip and not quite sure how I feel about it, I'm thinking I should have went with the magenta/blue combo.

The 12000k washes out the 445nm that I have added and then the magenta just overpowers the 445nm from there. I like the hint of magenta but like the 445nm a bit more.

Might be returning this in favor of the magenta/blue strip.

Which one you like depends on how much blue you have already and personal preference. I have more blue than you since I'm also running (2) 12k/Royal blue strips (they have more 445nm Leds in a strip than the warmer 8k/453nm).

Which one you like depends on how much blue you have already and personal preference. I have more blue than you since I'm also running (2) 12k/Royal blue strips (they have more 445nm Leds in a strip than the warmer 8k/453nm).

Yeah, I figured it would be ok since its 12000k along with the magenta but its not enought.

I have 4x 8000k/453nm along with only 1x445nm strip so I'm thinking if I swap out the magenta for a magenta/blue it would be more of what I want. Right now the look of the tank is more magenta so the RBTA really pops right now along with the little sun coral but everything else looks brown.

I like magenta/blue personally, good luck with getting ur nems to come back out...

You have pictures of it on? Perhaps able to adjust a picture to show what it looks like when viewing? The nems I'm not too worried about coming back out, only two hid and I can kinda see them. It makes the tank more interesting IMO, like every little crevice has something to show! LoL

Some new pictures taken today....

stunners (8000k/453nm)(8000k/453nm)(magenta/12000k)(445nm)(8000k/453nm)(8000k/453nm)

PHOTO_1354249162464.jpg

Front

PHOTO_1354249213097.jpg

Back

PHOTO_1354249293529.jpg

RBTA and MaxiMini

PHOTO_1354249411880.jpg

Nice! The color looks quite natural.

Indeed it does but for the significant other, the lighting looks washed out.

I might swap the magenta/12000k out for the magenta/453nm so both of us are happy.

Indeed it does but for the significant other, the lighting looks washed out.

I might swap the magenta/12000k out for the magenta/453nm so both of us are happy.

i would go for the magenta/453. how do you have your lights mounted again?

They aren't mounted just yet, just sitting on top of the cover.

oh right. sorry i was looking at it thru my phone lol. well it looks amazing btw! :D

Looks good, unfortunately its my friend's tank (actually its the same tank :lol: ) not mine, i recommended the magenta/453 to him, ill see if i can get pics from him though but by the time i get them u probably wouldve already swapped out the leds but ill see if i can get some pics.

lights look great! Are you only using stunner strips or the panorama pros as well?

Only using the stunner strips with polished reflectors.

I just bought a Spec V today and I really like your set up, what modifications did you do to the tank itself?

Go through the pages. It's only 5. Show's all his mods to the tank.

mistahoo pointed out the obvious.

but yes, It's listed through the thread, but to add to the thread.

removed the "filter basket" that originally came with the tank to add an additional pump/output.

replaced lighting with a series of stunner strips but will soon be changing that again.

That's awesome! Did your bta move around much in your tank?

Slightly, it was up higher in the rocks but the additional lighting I added made it move lower in the tank.

Thanks, I'm working on a media basket for mine right now. I think I will go with stunner strips for lighting too.

I'm getting ready to do a little more modding to that section myself!

If you're interested I have 2 stunner strips I'm selling in the hardware section.

I just looked around,and it seems you have an awful lot of money tied up in stunner strips.

You probably could have had a custom led fixture built for that kind of money.

not trying to flame,your tank looks great,and if you have a line on cheap stunners please share

Archived