Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Our "Little Jetty"

eklikewhoa

finally saw the pompom crab and it looks like it picked up a little aptasia

PHOTO_1355591504283.jpg

PHOTO_1355591481111.jpg

PHOTO_1355591754876.jpg

Saw the tiny aptasi in the sandbed the other day but was too lazy to take it out, looks like the problem has become mobile now.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the nanomag is garbage man its no good on hitting up edges, mine eventually fell appart (the magnet went thru the velcro piece and the sticker on the front came off the foam part) ive since then had the vertex duplex magnet. its much more controllable since it had two magnets and its a rectangle :)

IMG_3175.jpg

+2 it did the same

In both my edges the magnet rusted thru the velcro killed my sps and scratched up my front glass in one tank. I was waiting to see Julian and give him an ear full. Two little fishes !!!!they should have coated the inside magnate IMO

nano-mags are terrible. it did the same thing with the magnet coming out and it scratched my front glass pretty badly. now im stuck with a scratched up tank. :angry:

better shot of the one carrying an aptasia

PHOTO_1355701098717.jpg

and one of the berried pompom!!!!

PHOTO_1355701050197.jpg

if anyone knows or has some they want to sell that still has their pompom please lmk!

the nanomag is garbage man its no good on hitting up edges, mine eventually fell appart (the magnet went thru the velcro piece and the sticker on the front came off the foam part) ive since then had the vertex duplex magnet. its much more controllable since it had two magnets and its a rectangle :)

IMG_3175.jpg

just snagged one :D

better shot of the one carrying an aptasia

PHOTO_1355701098717.jpg

and one of the berried pompom!!!!

PHOTO_1355701050197.jpg

if anyone knows or has some they want to sell that still has their pompom please lmk!

Usually they split their tiny anemonie. Mine has had one for awhile. And the one in the 1 gal doesn't have anything. It just waves its arms around. Lol

Usually they split their tiny anemonie. Mine has had one for awhile. And the one in the 1 gal doesn't have anything. It just waves its arms around. Lol

That's the problem, every time I find a pompom crab at the Petco it doesn't have any pompoms.

Picked this up the other week and finally able to get a somewhat decent shot of it.

PHOTO_1355972330598.jpg

Anyone know what this is? It's not like any other gsp I've seen before.

only finding these ebay names.

http://e.5thvillage.com/item/S-Nano-Reef-T...s-251167309888/

wanting to see if it's still gsp or why it's not as common.

how much are they asking and how big is the frag?

Actual coral surface, around 2x2". $35 frag. I'll get a pic of it tomorrow, I'd like to see if it's the same as your pic. I really do like it, it's sort of like a neon green xenia.

Actually, this is what it looks like.

2eqHs.jpg

The site this pic came from calls it Bali xenia. Our frag has probably 2 dozen or more heads. It wasn't doing well for a long time after getting it. I did a couple peroxide dips and it finally started opening.

Ok, after looking at your link I see it's not the same at all. Oops.

Just witnessed one of the older crabs pin one of the new guys down and stole one of the anemones! barely missed it trying to record it.

Also noticed that one of my cleaner shrimp is berried with tiny little eyes everywhere.

IMG_20121222_000847.jpg

Think the second pompom I put in the tank finally had it's eggs hatch cause the tank is filled with larva or zoea!

PHOTO_1356325137803.jpg

anyways, back on topic before I found the above.... new light set up.

PHOTO_1356323784357.jpg

PHOTO_1356323844599.jpg

better pic of the gsp that doesn't look like any other gsp I've seen.

PHOTO_1356385407818.jpg

looks like cloves to me. what color are the tentacles? also that little clear thingy on the glass is a hydroid. kill it :)

Merry xmas

Think the second pompom I put in the tank finally had it's eggs hatch cause the tank is filled with larva or zoea!

PHOTO_1356325137803.jpg

How

Do you like

The

Light

Bar you made? Is it thick enough to

Disperse heat? Do you have a fan on it?

anyways, back on topic before I found the above.... new light set up.

PHOTO_1356323784357.jpgPHOTO_1356323844599.jpg

I love the light! Might add two more blues on there or maybe magentas but its amazing!

Its concentrated enough where I get the big shimmer but still super bright. The alumn does a great job disperseing the heat, I can barely feel any warmth with it full blast. Fans are never on since I don't feel the need yet but the house is kept cold.

• Like 1

Archived