Innovative Marine Aquariums

Our "Little Jetty"

eklikewhoa

So you could possibly get little skrimp bebbies!

I've had pompom larvae floating through the tank as well as skunk cleaner babies already, really love it cause all the coral/nems get fed as well as the other inverts!

Everytime I come into this thread I keep seeing more and more awesome stuff. Your tank is one of the many tanks that continues to give me inspiration on my tank and keeps giving me purpose in building my nano.

I'm going to a LFS that's a little farther for the first time tomorrow. Can't wait to find out what little gems I can get.

Thank you for the kind words.

Good luck on the LFS trip!

DSC_1455.jpg

DSC_1453.jpg

DSC_1451.jpg

DSC_1450.jpg

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love all the new Nem creatures, I have the same ones but have never had much luck with the porcelain crab of sexy shrimp on my rock nems. The Anemone Shrimp hogs them for himself. He seems to be very territorial when it comes to his nems.

I love all the new Nem creatures, I have the same ones but have never had much luck with the porcelain crab of sexy shrimp on my rock nems. The Anemone Shrimp hogs them for himself. He seems to be very territorial when it comes to his nems.

Add more!

LoL, I have I think 13 maxis in the tank so everyone has plenty to choose from, One of the anemone shrimp is being hosted by my hairy mushroom.

To add... I think I have caught my new yellow rainbow maxi splitting naturally!

Took some pics while I was changing up my LEDs, will post soon.

It looks boo boo right now, I took all the rocks out and tried to "shape" them but ended up with a pile of mess instead so I need to hit up the LFS to get some more rock but here's what it looks like right now.

shots taken a little after refilling it with water.

DSC_1428.jpg

Dude, that's awesome that they're doing that. Someone's doing something right in his tank. :happydance: Congratulations!

Thank you! hopefully it's able to pull it off by itself.

the anemone shrimp is the KING! (or queen...) :D

looks awesome regardless bro.

the anemone shrimp is the KING! (or queen...) :D

looks awesome regardless bro.

Thanks! That's the female so it would be queen the male is in the lower right of the photo.

So after that maxi splits you're sending me one, right? *wink wink* Lol

That could be arranged, I'm really thinking I'm gonna have to help it a bit cause it's only got a bit of it's foot holding onto the rock while it's separating and it looks painful.

over all i think im mostly impressed with your pineapple house, you MUST get a tiny speck of sponge to grow on it!

LoL! I have some yellow sponge growing on the rock behind it but it's in a cave so I can't get a decent shot of it.

Caught the anemone crab filter feeding...
DSC_1497.jpg
DSC_1498.jpg
DSC_1494.jpg
DSC_1496.jpg

Add more!

LoL, I have I think 13 maxis in the tank so everyone has plenty to choose from, One of the anemone shrimp is being hosted by my hairy mushroom.

I already have 6 sexy shrimp, though I do want more.

Nice, I think I may doing something quite similar to what you have here.

I've been thinking about going 1 white 1 royal blue 3 violets though because I want to keep it visibly dim but high PAR.

Think the second pompom I put in the tank finally had it's eggs hatch cause the tank is filled with larva or zoea!

PHOTO_1356325137803.jpg

anyways, back on topic before I found the above.... new light set up.

PHOTO_1356323784357.jpg

PHOTO_1356323844599.jpg

what lens are you using again?

kit, 10-30mm

Nice, I think I may doing something quite similar to what you have here.

I've been thinking about going 1 white 1 royal blue 3 violets though because I want to keep it visibly dim but high PAR.

I don't really like the look of "blue" flooding the tank like most reef tanks are, but I'm really contemplating swapping out one of my blues to a royal blue. I'm running 2trueviolets and 4blues with 2cw and just swapped in 2nw, the coral seem to be throwing up due to too much light at 60%

Archived