Innovative Marine Aquariums

Our "Little Jetty"

eklikewhoa

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna get bashed for this...

I don't own any test kits, refractometer or any kind of measuring device. I use a straw and from reading the dosing instructions I use a thin drinking straw and do about 2mm worth of it.

Once every other day when I remember.

i do the same thing.

Not 2mil, about 2mm worth of straw.

Copy that! 2mm worth of straw. Dang...I don't think there's a straw to milliliter conversion chart...lol

Despite the problems that have been posted about these, I found one cheap enough to give a try.

DSC_1629.jpg

Freebie zoas that shared the same rock the nem was on.

DSC_1661.jpg

Cool looking zoa

DSC_1653.jpg

Tunicate that is on the back of the nem rock

DSC_1634.jpg

I'm gonna get bashed for this...

I don't own any test kits, refractometer or any kind of measuring device. I use a straw and from reading the dosing instructions I use a thin drinking straw and do about 2mm worth of it.

Once every other day when I remember.

LoL I don't test either. But just curious how do you mix your water and get the salinity right with no refracto? You just that good with a drop of saltwater on the tongue?:)

LoL I don't test either. But just curious how do you mix your water and get the salinity right with no refracto? You just that good with a drop of saltwater on the tongue?:)

I buy water from a trusted LFS, tasting ready made water is close, I tried just to see but not something I practice. I was .004 off with taste.

But yeah, I buy water for the most part and if I really need to test I make my brother drop off his but that's happen only twice.

I mark the water levels so I have a good idea where to top off to.

I did order a refractometer though cause I wanna make my own water now.

Yeah, with previous tanks that's the only thing I would use.

Once every long while but it was used.

Found one for $20 so I picked one up

Despite the problems that have been posted about these, I found one cheap enough to give a try.

DSC_1629.jpg

I have the same one and it has been doing fine in my tank. Looks great and I've had it since November.

I have the same one and it has been doing fine in my tank. Looks great and I've had it since November.

Thats great news!

Anything specific you do for it?

Feeding?

Lighting?

Flow?

Placement?

Thats great news!

Anything specific you do for it?

Feeding?

Lighting?

Flow?

Placement?

Not at all. I feed it a small piece of fish occasionally but other than that nothing. For lights I have a 15 watt IM Skye Light.

• Like 1

That Yuma is amazing. Last time I saw one like that it was about 2-3in and the guy wanted $199 for it.

I remember them from before my hiatus from the hobby and that sounds about right.

Back then nuclear greens and purple death were 10-20 a polyp.

Regardless of where it stands I still like them for how they look and not what people are paying for them.

Its like a throwback tank when I look for stuff to put in it but at the fraction of the cost.

Archived