Cultivated Reef

Our "Little Jetty"

eklikewhoa

I love the light! Might add two more blues on there or maybe magentas but its amazing!

Its concentrated enough where I get the big shimmer but still super bright. The alumn does a great job disperseing the heat, I can barely feel any warmth with it full blast. Fans are never on since I don't feel the need yet but the house is kept cold.

Hi eklikewhoa,

I am starting my first saltwater tank with the spec V and have been following your build closely to learn as much as I can before I even attempt to jump in. I want to build an custom LED setup like yours. Can you list what LED's you have on your setup and what you would like to add? I was originally considering 4 Royals and 3 naturals alternating. What pattern did you use?

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
icedearth15324

I am really liking the tank. I started a Fluval Spec V a little over a month ago. How long did it take for your maxi/minis to fully open up? Or do they always just look like the gold one you posted 3 days ago?

Your tank is definitely a huge inspiration for what I plan on doing.

I am really liking the tank. I started a Fluval Spec V a little over a month ago. How long did it take for your maxi/minis to fully open up? Or do they always just look like the gold one you posted 3 days ago?

Your tank is definitely a huge inspiration for what I plan on doing.

Thank you!

The Maxis open up within an hour of placing them in the tank, with the pictures, a lot of them have their foot in holes in the rocks and they lay flat against the rock for some reason which I'm guessing is due to the flow in the tank.

Decided to make this an anemone dedicated Spec so on with a rescape!

PHOTO_1357181392129.jpg

Plus there's far too many SpecV that I know of that duplicated this one. <_<

Noooo! Lol :) I liked what you had going on there. But I trust your judgement! On with the re-scaping!

The misses liked it too but after posting pics I've noticed that there's a lot of other specs with very similar scapes so being that I can't ever leave good alone I made the decision.

Doooooode. You have sooo many of them?!?

Really? I keep thinking the tank is so bare! Doesn't help I keep seeing reefgardeners pictures on my FB timeline...

I was thinking of a way to minimize the LR and still allow for a good amount of realestate for the nems.

Right now I have 6pompom crabs in the tank and will be trading out the skunk cleaner shrimp pair for sexies!

DSC_1043.jpg

One of my all time favorites from my last venture in reefing.

Got a chance to get some and didn't pass it up, will say that they are no where near what I paid for them several years ago.

DSC_1044.jpg

Archived