SaltCritters.com

Our "Little Jetty"

eklikewhoa

I will post a pic when the basket is finished. Why are you selling the lights? Was it a bit too much light or did you not like the stunners?

sounds good! the stunners were bulky when I got all the colors I wanted or obtain the color that was pleasing.

I just looked around,and it seems you have an awful lot of money tied up in stunner strips.

You probably could have had a custom led fixture built for that kind of money.

not trying to flame,your tank looks great,and if you have a line on cheap stunners please share

I understand completely but the cost of the stunners to me were much cheaper than any custom or reef ready light I could find. I got a crackhead deal on them but it was a one time deal.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking about going with a panorama pro instead of the stunners. I would go with the 12000k/445nm 16w with reflector. What kinds of coral do you think I would be able to do?

I'm thinking about going with a panorama pro instead of the stunners. I would go with the 12000k/445nm 16w with reflector. What kinds of coral do you think I would be able to do?

Not to hi jack but...I'm running these and I've got every type of coral under it doing just fine.

Not to hi jack but...I'm running these and I've got every type of coral under it doing just fine.

I checked out your thread, nice tank! I only want to use one strip, would that be enough? I can't deceide if I want to do sps or not. What could I do with 1strip?

what lighting are you going with next?

might be interested in a stunner strip...

Got all the stunners either sold or returned already, Will be going with DIY Cree LEDs

See below :lol:

YAY!!! There hosting! :happydance:

I know right!!!! even better is the smaller clown is letting the cleaner shrimp "wipe him down" :D

Here's a little update... nothing spectacular till this weekend but just to keep it going.

Ignore the test material on the paper itself, was at the in-laws and the bro in-law just picked up a specV so I took the opportunity to template the overflow wall to build a full length surface skimmer plate/lower inlet block-off.

PHOTO_1355200588473.jpg

"X" to remind myself of the side facing the wall, black dot for the hole for the second return pump.

Here's the new pump for the second output (replacing the eheim mini pump cause I prefer them to be matching [OCD] and it's 3gph stronger.

PHOTO_1355200965142.jpg

Its the stock pump for the fluval spec V, might the same pump for a lot of others as well, all made in china.

Mines labeled Fluval, 83gph.

Hmmm, I've already installed it and zooming in on my picture it's hard to read but it all looks the same other than the wattage, I can make out 3.something on the Hagen branded pump.

Tried to get a good picture of it but here's the acrylic plate in place to block off the lower intake slit and add the true surface skim function of the overflow.

PHOTO_1355284323761.jpg

That's how I run mine except that I use the stock sponge to physically hold the acrylic in place, and I plugged the bottom hole with coral putty.

That's how I run mine except that I use the stock sponge to physically hold the acrylic in place, and I plugged the bottom hole with coral putty.

I have part of the stock spong in mine... I have the bottom layered with the stock sponge / pump with return nozzle / top of sponge / bonded filter pad.

tiny update...

took delivery of the TwoLittleFishies NanoMag today and will say that initial thoughts were negative and doubtful but it does the job quite well.

IMG_20121212_205936.jpg

tiny update...

took delivery of the TwoLittleFishies NanoMag today and will say that initial thoughts were negative and doubtful but it does the job quite well.

IMG_20121212_205936.jpg

I had one of those before and was not impressed. I prefer the nimble nano. Much stronger imho and more maneuverable in my 2 gallon spec.

tiny update...

IMG_20121212_205936.jpg

lol is this an instagram pic?

I had one of those before and was not impressed. I prefer the nimble nano. Much stronger imho and more maneuverable in my 2 gallon spec.

I agree it's not as nice as my old nimble but the way I scaped this tank the nano would not work.

lol is this an instagram pic?

LoL! yeah it is, it was on my phone and I uploaded it straight from there.

tiny update...

IMG_20121212_205936.jpg

the nanomag is garbage man its no good on hitting up edges, mine eventually fell appart (the magnet went thru the velcro piece and the sticker on the front came off the foam part) ive since then had the vertex duplex magnet. its much more controllable since it had two magnets and its a rectangle :)

IMG_3175.jpg

the nanomag is garbage man its no good on hitting up edges, mine eventually fell appart (the magnet went thru the velcro piece and the sticker on the front came off the foam part) ive since then had the vertex duplex magnet. its much more controllable since it had two magnets and its a rectangle :)

IMG_3175.jpg

Wow... that's pretty sexy looking!

I didn't even know they existed till now! Sigh, maybe I can return this nanomag.

Wow... that's pretty sexy looking!

I didn't even know they existed till now! Sigh, maybe I can return this nanomag.

yea man. they have a simplex (one magnet) also which is what i use on my 1 gallon. and the biggest they have is a triplex.

BUY IT MEOW!

Archived